Oh CANADA!

ZoSoDragon

yeah banff is pretty amazing...im basically here just killing time...snowboarding and drinking pretty much haha...but im leaving in about a week unfortunetly...back to smelly old ottawa (haha just kidding, i love ottawa too)

Haha! I was going to ask if you were there just to drink and ski like everyone else, but I didn't want to sound rude if you weren't :lol:

Well, hello anyway :D

I live in toronto. It's boring here. It's very overrated. People always say how clean and safe it is here but it has become a pretty dirty city, the murder rate this year is as high as it's ever been as well.

I've never heard Toronto described as 'clean and safe'....:lol:

I live in toronto. It's boring here. It's very overrated. People always say how clean and safe it is here but it has become a pretty dirty city, the murder rate this year is as high as it's ever been as well.

:o Pretty dirty?! :o

I'm surprised at your prudish sentiments, Spats.

You know we keep it clean.

BrassRail_11Aug09.jpg

BrassRail3_11Aug09.jpg

BrassRail2_11Aug09.jpg

Brass-Rail-2.jpg

See ... clean as a whistle! :D

Edited by JAG

honeymoonsuite.jpg

HONEYMOON SUITE TALK NEW STUDIO ALBUM FOR 2008:

Honeymoon Suite suite guitarist Derry checks in with a note: "Hey Everybody, It's Derry logging in. It's been a while since I've talked to you all, and I must apologize as we have been busier than usual for this time of year. Lots of great stuff going on though. As you know, we are back with the original lineup and going strong. The summer tour was awesome and many extra dates were added, taking us into the fall. We are having a lot of fun on stage and I think it shows. We saw a lot of old friends again out at the shows, plus a lot of new fans. I want to thank everybody who came out to the shows...we can't do it without you!

The other big news is a new HMS studio album in the works. That sounds funny" album"...do they even call it that anymore? Or should I say "disc"? But then, they probably won't be around much longer either. The whole business is changing so much, but we will move with it. Sorry, got sidetracked there...where was I?? Oh yeah, the new CD! Yes, we start recording next week.

It's going to be all new original songs and the original band will be playing on the record, as well as some special guests. It's being produced by Tom Treumuth, who also produced our very first record, so it's kind of cool how all the pieces are falling into place. The songs are mostly all rockers and are in the vein of the classic HMS sound. We are all excited to get started.

The CD will be released hopefully early in 2008 in Europe on Frontiers Records, and also in North America on a label yet to be determined. Anyways, got to go. Heading over to Johnnie's house to do some writing today, but we'll see you all again on New Years Eve, live from Niagara Falls, Ont. We'll rocking in 2008 with our old friends Loverboy and Denis DeYoung, it's gonna be a blast!"

Morissette Experiments With New 'Flavours'

morissette_alanis_03l.gif

Alanis Morissette

Katie Hasty, N.Y.

Alanis Morissette will burst back onto the scene next spring with the album "Flavors of Entanglement." The set balances world- and folk-influenced tracks against the experimental pop leanings of producer Guy Sigsworth (Bjork, Madonna).

"When I heard the song 'Let Go' by [sigsworth's band] Frou Frou, I listened over and over again. I was blown away by it. I called him on the phone myself and after a couple of conversations, I could tell we were going to be on the same page," Morissette tells Billboard.com.

The Canada native envisioned an album that pulled in her various musical interests, "a combination of everything" from organic instruments to hip-hop beats. Plus, "it's the first time since I was 16 I've had a boy back-up sing on one of my album. I'm finally giving them a chance," she laughs.

The effort, which she hopes to whittle down to 11 tracks in the following weeks, includes "Not As We," which features only piano and vocals, and "Moratorium," which is "essentially a song about my readiness to stop repeating bad patterns. I've kicked some of those in my life."

Thematically, the album explores Morissette's personal struggles over the last few years and the more political struggles in the world over. "Really, in the end, the personal struggles are political. Our emotions align themselves with larger symptomatic things in the world," Morissette explains. "We face a large war out there, but [the album] more closely reflects the war in peoples' living rooms... the icy silence at home, versus the big cold war."

As previously reported, Morissette signed on to the film adaptation of Philip K. Dick's 1985 sci-fi novel "Radio Free Albemuth," which started shooting in October. Morissette, who has acted since she was a preteen, said her screen ambitions have been a welcome escape from the music industry at times.

Fans eager to hear new material can catch the aritst on the road with matchbox twenty starting in January.

Edited by The Pagemeister