Oh CANADA!

ZoSoDragon

I was going to post something about whether a lying, salacious politician has damaged his chances of winning a local mayoral bid with his antics, but this trumps it. Thanks for the link, Pagemeister. Beautiful country.

Amen to that !

I was going to post something about whether a lying, salacious politician has damaged his chances of winning a local mayoral bid with his antics, but this trumps it. Thanks for the link, Pagemeister. Beautiful country.

Hi Patrycja, I was curious which mayor you were referring to (don't think it is), but I found this little gem on the CBCs site - LOVE IT !!!!!

This picture is worth a few laughs at least!! :hysterical:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/saskatchewan/story/2010/02/10/sk-regina-kiss-event.html The headline "Regina Mayor gets KISS Make-over"!!!

Hi Patrycja, I was curious which mayor you were referring to (don't think it is), but I found this little gem on the CBCs site - LOVE IT !!!!!

This picture is worth a few laughs at least!! :hysterical:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/saskatchewan/story/2010/02/10/sk-regina-kiss-event.html The headline "Regina Mayor gets KISS Make-over"!!!

LOL the things politicians do, eh?

I was actually referring to this guy:

CBC Scandal Claims Toronto Mayoral Candidate

That is one horny dummy :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvhidA5GekM

Canada's Virtue, Moir win ice dance gold

They entered the third and final component of the Olympic ice dance competition in the lead, and Canada's Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir refused to give up their hold on the gold-medal position.

Virtue, from London, Ont., and Moir of Ilderton, Ont., won Canada's first-ever Olympic ice dance gold medal with a dazzling performance in the free dance Monday at Vancouver's Pacific Coliseum. They earned a score of 110.42 points, boosting their total to 221.57.

http://www.cbc.ca/olympics/figureskating/story/2010/02/22/sp-finals-icedance-olympics.html

Edited by The Pagemeister

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ontario Budget is out...the finance minister says soon all government employees' salaries..wages..contracts will be frozen....so be prepared....for no more money...

How odd..I didn't hear him mention his own or fellow politicians' salaries will be frozen

Juliet :blahblah:

Edited by Juliet

Political Top 3 tunes of the day..

1. I Can't Get Enough (of the Liberal Party unfortunately)...

2. What's Goin' On..(a Montreal)

3. Don't Rock the Boat (if you want to speak at our Fest)

If the Provincial Liberal budget wasn't enough..I made the mistake of turning on the tv this afternoon only to see that the Federal Liberals are having a Liberal Fest in Montreal today. 50 speakers from across this land are speaking about their ideas. Hey I wasn't invited..ohh..I guess people who might rock the boat didn't get an invitation...I guess that's why Ann Coulter is gone...gone...gone now from mon pays...

Juliet :wave:

Edited by Juliet

• 3 weeks later...

Political Top 3 tunes of the day..

1. I Can't Get Enough (of the Liberal Party unfortunately)...

2. What's Goin' On..(a Montreal)

3. Don't Rock the Boat (if you want to speak at our Fest)

If the Provincial Liberal budget wasn't enough..I made the mistake of turning on the tv this afternoon only to see that the Federal Liberals are having a Liberal Fest in Montreal today. 50 speakers from across this land are speaking about their ideas. Hey I wasn't invited..ohh..I guess people who might rock the boat didn't get an invitation...I guess that's why Ann Coulter is gone...gone...gone now from mon pays...

Juliet wave.gif

Hey Juliet! wave.gif Have enjoyed your posts!

Hate to admit it, but I got an invite to participate in the L Fest - via the interwebby thing. Didn't take them up on their offer, but ... don't think it would make much difference anyway sad.gif

I'm not sure what to make of the state of Canadian politics. Doesn't look overly democratic or even competent (Guergis and her hubby Jaffer to start with??WTF??) Harper doesn't inspire confidence or even trust at this point (could we ever trust him?) Jack is busy dealing with his cancer and Ignatieff leaves a bad taste in my mouth. A few years ago, I listened to question period and I couldn't help thinking that I was listening to the "B" team. A quick listen recently hasn't changed my mind. Can you believe it? I miss Joe!! (Joe who? hehehe) Oh well. Looking for a new job Juliet? I'm sure that you would do at least as well as the current lot of elected officials, provided you woke up in the morning!!!wakeup.gif

Hi E:

I like your posts....I should have called it a THINK FEST...it was hosted by Liberals so I'm assuming you had to have Liberal thoughts?

Juliet :lol:

PS I read that the Governor General's term will not be extended...they were considering Wayne Gretzky as a replacement but one has to be bilingual for that job!!!!

Edited by Juliet

Hi E:

I like your posts....I should have called it a THINK FEST...it was hosted by Liberals so I'm assuming you had to have Liberal thoughts?

Juliet laugh.gif

PS I read that the Governor General's term will not be extended...they were considering Wayne Gretzky as a replacement but one has to be bilingual for that job!!!!

What! The Great One can't speak french? Can't someone fix that?

As for my thoughts, they are very liberal, but these days, not often Liberal. Democratic, Yes! Sadly, none of my thoughts are New. They are never Conservative, and almost never conservative.

I have some ideas on the way of things, but they never make me popular, so, ... f*#k'em! biggrin.gif

Edited by erings

What! The Great One can't speak french? Can't someone fix that?

As for my thoughts, they are very liberal, but these days, not often Liberal. Democratic, Yes! Sadly, none of my thoughts are New. They are never Conservative, and almost never conservative.

I have some ideas on the way of things, but they never make me popular, so, ... f*#k'em! biggrin.gif

At the moment, it's hard to support any political party. Don't think anyone is standing up for what they believe in . Me thinks this coalition needs to be dissolved and new leaders need to be leading their party's. Mind you, finding REAL leaders these day's is no easy task !

Edited by ally