Oh CANADA!

ZoSoDragon

Ah, okay, thank you so much, guys! I can sleep at night now, hehe!

Oh man, what I'd give to see Stevie make Eminem eat some shaved ice... Hey, they both live around Detroit - maybe someday their beer league teams will play each other...I hope Darren McCarty's on Steve's team, muahaha. Don't know if he still lives in Detroit, though.

On a completely different subject, man I wish we had a Tim Hortons around here. I ordered that Center Ice thing on TV where you get out-of-market hockey games, and the local TV feeds always have Tim Hortons ads on. Looks good. Is it actually good? Their coffee can't be any worse than Starbucks, that's for sure. And I want to try one of those Timbits things, hehe.

hhmmmmm, Timmies! Yummy!!! Way better than Starbucks nasty crap. Timbits are good too - just two bites of donut. Satisfies the sweet tooth without going overboard.

What is going on with NICKLEBACK and their latest video, THIS AFTERNOON? Is the same director for Justin Bieber now directing NICKLEBACK videos?

I have to turn it on mute....it's really not much different than Bieber's BABY..except the girls are older and in bikinis and the setting is at a poolside...

J :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone going to FAKE LAKE for their vacation this year?

Juliet

It is only a hours drive from my house. I don't think they would let me in for a dip though! Every Time I look at absurd things like this and the federal tax deductions on my pay cheque I just shake my head :slapface:

Hey slagfarmer:

Well I can't go either cause the Union station is going to be closed during the G20 Summit....that's how I get to Toronto...via rail!!!!!...

Juliet :lol:

PS For those who are wondering what we are writing about...the G20 Summit will be held in Toronto...they have constructed a set/scene at the facility for journalists..the scene/backdrop/set is a picture of a lake and it has been dubbed Fake Lake....many people are mad because the set is costing thousands of taxpayers' money...and I think that Canada is more than a lake....What's wrong with a picture of a barn...some animals...etc etc...???

PSS This afternoon our finance minister, Flaherty, said that Canadians should save more money....so sorry...I won't be spending much money this year...at Lake Fake or any other vacation spot...

Edited by Juliet

Hey slagfarmer:

Well I can't go either cause the Union station is going to be closed during the G20 Summit....that's how I get to Toronto...via rail!!!!!...

Juliet :lol:

PS For those who are wondering what we are writing about...the G20 Summit will be held in Toronto...they have constructed a set/scene at the facility for journalists..the scene/backdrop/set is a picture of a lake and it has been dubbed Fake Lake....many people are mad because the set is costing thousands of taxpayers' money...and I think that Canada is more than a lake....What's wrong with a picture of a barn...some animals...etc etc...???

PSS This afternoon our finance minister, Flaherty, said that Canadians should save more money....so sorry...I won't be spending much money this year...at Lake Fake or any other vacation spot...

That's not true. From GO Transit web site: "Union Station will remain open but exits to Front St. will be closed during the weekend."

Hey alinds:

Thanks for the info on Union Station..I obviously didn't get the correct and/or all the info..thanks again...but I'm still not goin'....gotta save my money.....

Juliet :thanku:

You don't want to see a police state in action? I, for one, am excited. I work in the "outer security zone" so it'll be interesting to see if I can see any anarchists in action. Although, I'm still hoping they'll give me the day off.

Edited by alinds

You don't want to see a police state in action? I, for one, am excited. I work in the "outer security zone" so it'll be interesting to see if I can see any anarchists in action. Although, I'm still hoping they'll give me the day off.

"Outer security zone"....ohhh...sounds James Bond like....

After much consideration I decided that I don't want to see a police state in action...I'm busy that day cleaning and disinfecting my balcony (with environmentally friendly products of course)...I'll have to watch the tv report instead...as long as it doesn't interfere with my favourite show, TWO AND A HALF MEN

If they give you the day of....remember to SAVE YOUR MONEY

Juliet :wave:

Moi aussi.

- JAG

p.s. Hi Juliet!

Hello Jag:

Long time...no write....welcome back

Now as far as the other thing...I don't think you or alinds or anyone should go anywhere near the G20 stuff (baracades, noise canons, protestors who swear...just stay at home...relax and SAVE YOUR MONEY

Juliet :you_rock: ..this is supposed to say SAVE YOUR MONEY

PS I got my HST bribe cheque...I mean refund or whatever we get from le government du Dalton to help us with the transition to the new tax...and vote Liberal...hahaha..What should I do with it?

1. Send it back

2. Spend it on..????

3. SAVE MY MONEY

Edited by Juliet

SM:

I'll think of you when I have my Molson's this weekend!!! B)

Alinds:

I'm glad to hear you are staying at home.... safe and consumin' :lol:

Juliet

PS If I was in charge at the G20 summmit ..I would send any trouble makers down south to help clean up the oil spill...then I would send them to Lemington to help the tornado victims...then to Chatham to help the workers who will soon lose their jobs at a truck plant that will close operations here in favor of their US factory...

Edited by Juliet

SM:

I'll think of you when I have my Molson's this weekend!!! cool.gif

Alinds:

I'm glad to hear you are staying at home.... safe and consumin' laugh.gif

Juliet

PS If I was in charge at the G20 summmit ..I would send any trouble makers down south to help clean up the oil spill...then I would send them to Lemington to help the tornado victims...then to Chatham to help the workers who will soon lose their jobs at a truck plant that will close operations here in favor of their US factory...

Ok Juliet. (an old friend)

SM;

I didn't know I was an old friend...

Juliet

PS I want to add to add to my list of what I would do if I was in charge at the G20...after dealing with the trouble makers I would ask the protestors to respect the property of small business owners. My father once had a store. Bashing in a store window only hurts the owner not an overpaid politician or those who voted for him/her and/or contributed to the campaign....thanks

PSS In case you are wondering what my definition of trouble makers is.....ineffective selfish politicans of course!!!! Know anyone who mught fall in that category???

Edited by Juliet

SM;

I didn't know I was an old friend...

Juliet

PS I want to add to add to my list of what I would do if I was in charge at the G20...after dealing with the trouble makers I would ask the protestors to respect the property of small business owners. My father once had a store. Bashing in a store window only hurts the owner not an overpaid politician or those who voted for him/her and/or contributed to the campaign....thanks

PSS In case you are wondering what my definition of trouble makers is.....ineffective selfish politicans of course!!!! Know anyone who mught fall in that category???

I should have said, a long lost friend or something to that effect. Anyway, a friend.

Hello:

My thoughts are with all those affected by flooding in the Prairies especially Saskatchewan and Medicine Hat, Alberta...

Juliet xo :(

PS I'm watching the news and praying you will get lots of help...

Edited by Juliet

Those "Black Bloc" welfare-bum losers need their freakin' heads bashed in for the damage their doing to my Toronto.

r591079_3781943.jpg

Grrrr.

Yep ! The looney left are at it again dry.gif

Those "Black Bloc" welfare-bum losers need their freakin' heads bashed in for the damage their doing to my Toronto.

r591079_3781943.jpg

Grrrr.

Double Grrrrrrrr

Rex Murphy of the CBC states (and I'm paraphrasing) that these goons are doing Harper a favor because they are justifying the need for all the $$$$$$ for security... :thanku:

Juliet :coffee:

PS I had to work all weekend....needless to say...well..out of respect to Sam and this site...I won't say what's on my mind...it won't be lady-like...

PSS I can protest by not spending...hence..less tax revenue...however I doubt that would scare Harper...he'll still get his fat salary and gold plated pension...and if there's less revenue ..he'll just cut services and or jobs..

PSS Did you notice on CNN...they mentioned leaders but I don't believe I heard Harper's name!!!

Edited by Juliet