Oh CANADA!

ZoSoDragon

Those "Black Bloc" welfare-bum losers need their freakin' heads bashed in for the damage their doing to my Toronto.

r591079_3781943.jpg

Grrrr.

Hi Jag

I can't understand a thing you say because your avi is really a distraction. :drool:

Hello:

If it wasn't for the impending storm I would have gone away to enjoy my day off but no....I stayed in and watched the news...(I should get help for that bad habit)..anyhow...pay attention...no looking at JAG's AVI..

David Miller wants the Feds to help pay for damages in TO over the weekend....broken glass...lost business...wages...at first the FEDS said no but it sounds like they may send some money...

Juliet

PS Oh...the storm is over...the sun is out...I'm outta here for the eve.... :wave:

Edited by Juliet

OK. What is the official date of Canada Day? And is it as big a celebration there as the 4th is here? Do they go nuts with fireworks? Or will the mounties come get you?:blink:

Canada Day is July 1st.It's probably a bit understated compared to your July 4th. Myself, I'll most likely say a few 'please and thank you's'. Help some old people cross the street safely. Stuff like that.

Canada Day is July 1st.It's probably a bit understated compared to your July 4th. Myself, I'll most likely say a few 'please and thank you's'. Help some old people cross the street safely. Stuff like that.

Thanks for the info. I always forget. I doubt its to honor your French settlers/friends? ohmy.gif

OK. What is the official date of Canada Day? And is it as big a celebration there as the 4th is here? Do they go nuts with fireworks? Or will the mounties come get you?:blink:

Not the Mounties...but the taxmen in the form of the HST..formerly known as the GST and PST...now some goods and services that were never taxed are now taxed....I'd elaborate but it's my weekend off and going out to party...

HAPPY BELATED CANADA DAY :birthday:

Juliet :party:

• 2 weeks later...

Some very good racing going on at Mohawk raceway, outside of Toronto, harness. Free past performances are on their website. Tonight I like a horse called Smashbox in race 7. The number 2. Also like the 6, Friendly Amigo in race 8 and a three horse box of 3,4,6 in race 5. Live a little!coffee.gif

• 1 month later...

I am a bit disappointed the Toronto fans are not showing up more in force for the NFL games. The Bills did win last night and finally gave them something to cheer about. 39.000 and change showed. 14 thousand under a sellout. I hope that they come out for the regular season game against Chicago. if not, forget ever having an NFL team. Vancouver could not keep an NBA team. Montreal could not keep the Expos. and there is alot of money in 'Canada. Lets get out there and support the Bills!!!! Come on!!! We are giving up a regular season game in Buffalo. If the Bills start winning maybe it will make a difference? I know many will cross the border but I would like to see some Canadiens go to the games. Well, I guess i dont have to worry much about the Bills being moved to Toronto. They only support the Leafs. A team that has not won in ages And has not even made the playoffs in ages. I say that streak ends this year. But I wish some of the Toronto fans would show up for the Bears game and cheer on the Bills.

I am a bit disappointed the Toronto fans are not showing up more in force for the NFL games. The Bills did win last night and finally gave them something to cheer about. 39.000 and change showed. 14 thousand under a sellout. I hope that they come out for the regular season game against Chicago. if not, forget ever having an NFL team. Vancouver could not keep an NBA team. Montreal could not keep the Expos. and there is alot of money in 'Canada. Lets get out there and support the Bills!!!! Come on!!! We are giving up a regular season game in Buffalo. If the Bills start winning maybe it will make a difference? I know many will cross the border but I would like to see some Canadiens go to the games. Well, I guess i dont have to worry much about the Bills being moved to Toronto. They only support the Leafs. A team that has not won in ages And has not even made the playoffs in ages. I say that streak ends this year. But I wish some of the Toronto fans would show up for the Bears game and cheer on the Bills.

Why would people go to preseason games that don't matter?

Ok. Good point. But lets see what kind of crowd shows up for the game that counts against the Chicago Bears?

The CFL Argonauts are off to a great start and by the looks of things, could be a real threat to win the Grey Cup. Money is tight everywhere so why go see the Bills lose . Canadians...go figure :P:lol:

80 bucks to watch stars play for 15 minutes and then a bunch of rookies who may never play a down in the NFL?

No thanks. The quote in bold is bang on, however.

The CFL Argonauts are off to a great start and by the looks of things, could be a real threat to win the Grey Cup. Money is tight everywhere so why go see the Bills lose . Canadians...go figure :P:lol:

The Bills third stringers would pummel the argonauts. Its not even close to the same product. The CFL has no shot against the NFL. Its a league of castaways that could not make the NFL. And to the poster below, the regular season game will be worth paying $80 for all day compared to paying $200 to see the Maple Laughs.

The Bills third stringers would pummel the argonauts. Its not even close to the same product. The CFL has no shot against the NFL. Its a league of castaways that could not make the NFL. And to the poster below, the regular season game will be worth paying $80 for all day compared to paying $200 to see the Maple Laughs.

Because the Bills are such an elite team.

The problem with the Bills in Toronto series is that is was doomed at the start...they over charged for tickets ...and gloated ...Ralph and Ted...the other problem is that due to the location of the games tailgating is not allowed...hardly an NFL experience...and in reality a lot of us went over to Orchard Park which helped just as much ...cash wise...at least in the case of the Leafs they have an option...the Sabres...basically Toronto is a win or else proposition....look at the Blue Jays attendance numbers this year...exciting team...but lousy attendance.....bottom line is if you suck and your team is not the Leafs...you got issues...

The problem with the Bills in Toronto series is that is was doomed at the start...they over charged for tickets ...and gloated ...Ralph and Ted...the other problem is that due to the location of the games tailgating is not allowed...hardly an NFL experience...and in reality a lot of us went over to Orchard Park which helped just as much ...cash wise...at least in the case of the Leafs they have an option...the Sabres...basically Toronto is a win or else proposition....look at the Blue Jays attendance numbers this year...exciting team...but lousy attendance.....bottom line is if you suck and your team is not the Leafs...you got issues...

I dont know if you can say overcharged when you compare it to NBA and NHL and baseball. No higher than those sports. In fact, probably not as much. Will see how the Chicago game sells. If the Bills are playing to some degree of respectability,. Which is a big if Im sure, but possible.

Now listen my fellow Canadien friends. Get out there and buy some tickets for the Bills game against Chicago when they come up there and play! Cheer them on! come on!!!! If you do, I might, now I mean just might, let your leafs win one against my boys I(Sabres). hahaha. :o Its almost Miller time. GO BILLS AND GO SABRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...