Oh CANADA!

ZoSoDragon

Yes it is. Oct 31..... I'm dressing up....are you :lol:

Maybe in my Sabres jersey if they are playing. Or maybe in my Trent Edwards jersey. What an embarassment. I will be handing out the candy. My wife refuses. It will be our first Halloween in our new house. I have heard it will be a bit busy. Lots of kids around. When I run out of candy Ill turn out the lights and blow out the pumpkin.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Mangani:

Here's some trivia...Paul Gross, who plays the Mounite character, has also performed at the Stratford Festival. I believe he once played HAMLET....

Did he?

I haven't seen him in too much apart from Due South. I saw him in a t.v remake of 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea. He sings a bit too.

• 1 month later...

Front page of the hockey news says "Is hockey dying in Canada?". Very disturbing to read this and I do not buy it. Supposedly not as many kids playing. But I say hogwash. What say ye Canucks? I hope its always big. Maybe the fact that a Canadien team has not won in a while? I expect that to change quickly as I am picking the Vancouver Cancucks to win the Cup. If there are no major injuries they have the weapons to do it and they will do it.

Front page of the hockey news says "Is hockey dying in Canada?". Very disturbing to read this and I do not buy it. Supposedly not as many kids playing. But I say hogwash. What say ye Canucks? I hope its always big. Maybe the fact that a Canadien team has not won in a while? I expect that to change quickly as I am picking the Vancouver Cancucks to win the Cup. If there are no major injuries they have the weapons to do it and they will do it.

The games not dying but it's very expensive to get a kid all decked out with the necessary gear. If you've got a couple of kids playing...wow !

I can't speak for everywhere but where I live, getting a sheet of ice to play on can be a problem too. People do it but I think it's a little outrageous to expect young kids to be at the rink at 5am on a school day.

Add it all up and I think many parents are starting to wonder if it's all worth it.

The games not dying but it's very expensive to get a kid all decked out with the necessary gear. If you've got a couple of kids playing...wow !

I can't speak for everywhere but where I live, getting a sheet of ice to play on can be a problem too. People do it but I think it's a little outrageous to expect young kids to be at the rink at 5am on a school day.

Add it all up and I think many parents are starting to wonder if it's all worth it.

Word.

Rep hockey is just outrageous. Hours, cost, culture...and for what?

Word.

Rep hockey is just outrageous. Hours, cost, culture...and for what?

Culture..you got that right my friend ! After the experience we had 18 yrs ago with my oldest son, I pulled him out and wouldn't let my younger son anywhere near it. The parents ( their kid was gonna be the next Bobby Orr ) attitudes were bad enough but what really got me was the coaching. Not just my sons coach but all of the coaches in the organization. Telling 7yr old kids to lay the lumber on another 7 yr old kid and teaching them how to do it just didn't go over well with me. Coaches tearing the kids a new one if they didn't do it ..was a step too far . IMHO, not only are the young kids being over coached but they are being poorly coached and when you add that up with the costs and hours involved.... toxic.

BTW, both my sons went on to play football and rugby where they learned how to hit and take a hit without any coach teaching them how or telling them to deliberately take out an opponent. The parents were pretty cool too !

Edited by ally