Oh CANADA!

ZoSoDragon

Hello:

I'm sending thoughts and prayers to fellow Canadians in Slave Lake Alberta. Many have lost their homes and belongings. Even the town is destroyed by the recent wildfires. I also send the same concern to flood victims in Manitoba and Quebec. It won't be a very good Victoria Day weekend for you....I share your pain as I am also dealing with a family situation where things are beyond my control...

May we deal with what life has dealt us with patience, faith and by supporting each other.....We are Canadian. We will learn and be stronger...

Juliet xoxo

Ah, I thought there might be a thread like this. I too am Canadian, Actually I'm native. EH! I'm just chillin scrilling, a'findin time to be a'killin. You know what it is, I know what it is nooow you knOow it.

41M4T14XTWL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Ashley MacIsaac

On June 14th 2011 Ashley MacIsaac will release Crossover, an album that is Ashley at his best.

Being the result of over 3 years, 6 different studios, countless international concerts and the combined efforts of Ashley

and musical friends such as Quinn Bachand and Mary Jane Lamond, Crossover is Ashley’s first album of this style in ten years!

Hear "She's A Rare One" from Crossover streaming now

I know the CBC is the big channel up there. But can you guys get any major US channels like ESPN or ABC or CBS? I would guess maybe with A dish or cable? Do you have the same ongoing war between large companies like Direct TV vs Time Warner there?

Yes, we have cable and dish and depending on which coast you're on will determine your US network affiliates. I live in BC so my ABC etc are out of Seattle, LA and some from Detroit. I also get the east coast feeds for some major networks. I just don't get some cable channels like BET or VH1.

Yes, we have cable and dish and depending on which coast you're on will determine your US network affiliates. I live in BC so my ABC etc are out of Seattle, LA and some from Detroit. I also get the east coast feeds for some major networks. I just don't get some cable channels like BET or VH1.

Thanks for the info Angel

I read somewhere much of Canada is not that enthused with Vancouver having a great chance to win the Cup and bring it back to Canada? Because it isn't Montreal or Toronto? I guess. I say the Leafs will be in position to win one before the other teams excluding Vancouver. Leafs heading in the right direction. Montreal I believe is in for a long year. Edmonton rebuilding but have a good young group. Calgary are good, but probably don't have the money to get the needed help to go farther? I know what that is like. Oh, and now there is Winnipeg. Where in the devil is that again? Which province? How far from Calgary and Edmonton is it? Is it a bigger city than those others? Any canadiens want to enlighten me?

I read somewhere much of Canada is not that enthused with Vancouver having a great chance to win the Cup and bring it back to Canada? Because it isn't Montreal or Toronto? I guess. I say the Leafs will be in position to win one before the other teams excluding Vancouver. Leafs heading in the right direction. Montreal I believe is in for a long year. Edmonton rebuilding but have a good young group. Calgary are good, but probably don't have the money to get the needed help to go farther? I know what that is like. Oh, and now there is Winnipeg. Where in the devil is that again? Which province? How far from Calgary and Edmonton is it? Is it a bigger city than those others? Any canadiens want to enlighten me?

Manitoba, which is a ways away from Calgary/Edmonton. Google says 1,325 km.

Two time zones east of Vancouver :lol:

Ever been there Ally? Babs? Do they have that confounded accent like in Ontario? My cousin's up there always saying "eh". What the fuck is eh? Is it short for "you know?" It is most irritating. I hope they sing the anthem in French tomorrow. Like in Montreal.

Ever been there Ally? Babs? Do they have that confounded accent like in Ontario? My cousin's up there always saying "eh". What the fuck is eh? Is it short for "you know?" It is most irritating. I hope they sing the anthem in French tomorrow. Like in Montreal.

Pretty much. The American equivalent seems to be 'huh'.

• 2 weeks later...

Why would the city of Winnipeg's hockey team be nicknamed the Jets? The New York Jets I believe were actually named for the gang in West Side Story? But I am not 100 percent sure but pretty sure. Why would they be the Winnipeg Jets? Of course they may be renamed this time. They were just given a new franchise in the NHL in case you did not hear. The Atlanta Thrashers are moving there and the resurrection of hockey in Winnipeg has gone over big. Over 13,000 season tickets sold first day. That is very impressive. So why Jets????