Oh CANADA!

ZoSoDragon

Winnipeg here, now everyone sound off on how much you hate Toronto and the Leafs :P :P :P

Other than Hockey Toronto bashing is our favorite passtime :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Regina = :chickeddance: Inbred, Banjo pickin Canadian Hillbillies :hysterical: :hysterical:

RjK

Winnipeg here, now everyone sound off on how much you hate Toronto and the Leafs :P :P :P

Other than Hockey Toronto bashing is our favorite passtime :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Regina = :chickeddance: Inbred, Banjo pickin Canadian Hillbillies :hysterical: :hysterical:

RjK

I thought all Canadians were hillbillies with snowshoes!....They don't even know what banjos' do,do they? :D

Hey

I sure do know what a banjo is fer...ya use it to spread manure over the garden before plantin' yer tomatoes, beans and peppers....than on Saturday night..ya clean it off and play it at the local jamboree...then when it snows ya use it as a toboggan fer yer youngin'...

Oooops..I spelt "for" wrong..it should be "fer"

Edited by Juliet

I thought all Canadians were hillbillies with snowshoes!....They don't even know what banjos' do,do they? :D

Really, my American husband....???

You moved me to a place where the first thing that people do when they buy their houses is take off the wheels.... :rolleyes:

Hillbilly :P

Saskatchewan forever!!! :yay:

I have been listening to the tributes to Oscar Peterson on CTV News Net and CBC networks..

He led an interesting life and inspired many;i.e. Diana Krall..

His music can often be heard on the parliamentary channel. The channel carries provincial parliament business when in session. During the other times, there is a variety of instrumental music played

RIP OSCAR PETERSON...

I have been listening to the tributes to Oscar Peterson on CTV News Net and CBC networks..

He led an interesting life and inspired many;i.e. Diana Krall..

His music can often be heard on the parliamentary channel. The channel carries provincial parliament business when in session. During the other times, there is a variety of instrumental music played

RIP OSCAR PETERSON...

RE; The station is not cpac..it's the one in Ontario that has The Ontario legislature business..

Oscar's dad was a porter on the train...I remember those gentlemen. When I was a child and took the train alot..they were wonderful..

Edited by Juliet

Winnipeg here, now everyone sound off on how much you hate Toronto and the Leafs :P

Other than Hockey Toronto bashing is our favorite passtime :hysterical:

Regina = :chickeddance: Inbred, Banjo pickin Canadian Hillbillies :hysterical:

RjK

Okay, here goes ...

I HATE TORONTO ...

Toronto_skyline_edit.jpg

750px-Toronto_Downtown_Core_at_Night.jpg

THE TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS SUCK ...

125px-TorontoMapleLeafsLogo.png

and WINNEPEG JETS ARE THE BEST!

125px-WinnipegJets.png

1981-82 Second-place finishers in the NHL Norris Division!

Woo-hoo! Actually made it past the first round of the playoff!

:rolleyes:

... But, unfortunately that is as far they got before going defunct in 1996.

:(

... Quite sad knowing that Winnipeg is the biggest large city in Canada

that can't even come support to have an NHL team.

... A 'Peggers frustration leading to Toronto envy is then quite understandable.

:P

... stones and glass houses.

p.s. ...

:lol:

Really, my American husband....???

You moved me to a place where the first thing that people do when they buy their houses is take off the wheels.... :rolleyes:

Hillbilly :P

Saskatchewan forever!!! :yay:

:lol::lol::lol:

You keep on learnin' 'em, ZD!

RE; The station is not cpac..it's the one in Ontario that has The Ontario legislature business..

Oscar's dad was a porter on the train...I remember those gentlemen whne I was a child and took the train alot..they were wonderful..

I remember those Coffe-Mate commercials he did.

RjK

I am with you Winnipegers. Toronto is lame. And i live in the damn city. :D

Long-time Led Zeppelin fan Grant Burgess, a Canadien, organized a ZepFest Convention in Cleveland in July 1998. The night prior, several of us boarded a bus at the hotel in Cleveland for the Civic Arena in Pittsburgh to catch the Page/Plant concert. I was seated at the very front of the bus on the left-hand side and dressed in black. Two Canadien gents sat directly across from me and gave me a bottle of Canadien beer to drink on the bus before we got there. Are you guys here by chance?

Edited by SteveAJones

In Canada Hockey is "The Beautiful Game" its all most a religion !!!!

20 games undefeated at the World Juniors and counting ...........

3 straight World Junior Championships and soon to be 4

Canada Rules the Sport, nuff said !!!!

RjK

In Canada Hockey is "The Beautiful Game" its all most a religion !!!!

20 games undefeated at the World Juniors and counting ...........

3 straight World Junior Championships and soon to be 4

Canada Rules the Sport, nuff said !!!!

RjK

We got hockey here in Carolina,ya hear boy?...Brindamour ,Staal,Commodore,Cam Ward,Ray Whitney,wait a sec they're all Canadian ;) I could keep going too!

We got hockey here in Carolina,ya hear boy?...Brindamour ,Staal,Commodore,Cam Ward,Ray Whitney,wait a sec they're all Canadian ;) I could keep going too!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't hurt the guy's feelings, Rorer. Winnipeg doesn't have a team.

I am with you Winnipegers. Toronto is lame. And i live in the damn city. :D

I've seriously doubted that for a while. ;)

Edited by JAG

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't hurt the guy's feelings, Rorer. Winnipeg doesn't have a team.

Yeah,hockey must not be too much of a religion in Winnipeg,eh?

Hockey in Carolina? Who'd a thunk it?

I grew up in New England and I was a huge Bruins fan.I was even in the Bobby Orr fan club when I was a kid :D

Kyna and I are going to try to get to the Carolina/Edmonton game in Jan.WooHoo!!!

Edited by Rorer714

Yeah,hockey must not be too much of a religion in Winnipeg,eh?

Hockey in Carolina? Who'd a thunk it?

I grew up in New England and I was a huge Bruins fan.I was even in the Bobby Orr fan club when I was a kid :D

Kyna and I are going to try to get to the Carolina/Edmonton game in Jan.WooHoo!!!

Aw, the good ole rough-tough Bruins ...

Remember others like O'Reilly, Park, Bourque, Orr, Cheevers, McNabb (I still have my tattered hockey cards kicking around somewhere), etc.

Hockey art ...

cheev.jpg

Great interaction with the fans ...

Now that's the type of hockey I loved!

Funny bit about your Carolina Hurricanes. Seems they've been following you around the country (or, v.v.). Just a decade ago they were the Hartford/New England Whalers. I know you knew that already.

As an old time Islanders fan, I continue to despise the Oiler with passion. What joy it was to see them beat Edmonton in the finals last year. I will be again cheering for your 'Canes. My apologies to your missus.

Just a gentle reminder...THIS IS HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA...

As if we need a reminder, eh?

Juliet

PS Don't mind me...I'm in a silly mood today!!!!

Thanks, Juliet.

Ever notice how lame NBC is. It can't even come up with an original name for its Sunday night NFL broadcast ...

CBC - since 1931

200px-HNIC-currentlogo.jpg

NBC - since 2006

250px-Fnia.JPG

"Proud as peacock," my arse. :rolleyes:

Aw, the good ole rough-tough Bruins ...

Remember others like O'Reilly, Park, Bourque, Orr, Cheevers, McNabb (I still have my tattered hockey cards kicking around somewhere), etc.

Hockey art ...

cheev.jpg

Great interaction with the fans ...

Now that's the type of hockey I loved!

Funny bit about your Carolina Hurricanes. Seems they've been following you around the country (or, v.v.). Just a decade ago they were the Hartford/New England Whalers. I know you knew that already.

As an old time Islanders fan, I continue to despise the Oiler with passion. What joy it was to see them beat Edmonton in the finals last year. I will be again cheering for your 'Canes. My apologies to your missus.

Thanks, Juliet.

Ever notice how lame NBC is. It can't even come up with an original name for its Sunday night NFL broadcast ...

CBC - since 1931

200px-HNIC-currentlogo.jpg

NBC - since 2006

250px-Fnia.JPG

"Proud as peacock," my arse. :rolleyes:

I remember Phil on the Bruins.I don't have any of my old hockey,baseball,football or basketball cards at all.I know that I had some gems :rolleyes:

I also remember the Whalers first coming to New England very well.I think they are following me!...Yeah,ZD is still a bit sore over that loss.We thought it would be cool if they played each other and we knew that the only way that was going to happen was in the finals.Let me reassure you,It Wasn't COOL At All :o (You'll have to apologize to her yourself,Bro)

Canes and Blue Jackets tonight on "Hockey Night in Carolina" Go Canes :thumbsup: