Oh CANADA!

ZoSoDragon

well i used to only visit the -canada thread to thank molson golden beer, but now i have to thank jimmy buffets -landshark beer on this thread cause its just too weird from goin from cold country beer to island beer. also hey nic in halifax as i spray paint on this wall in my head.

well i used to only visit the -canada thread to thank molson golden beer, but now i have to thank jimmy buffets -landshark beer on this thread cause its just too weird from goin from cold country beer to island beer. also hey nic in halifax as i spray paint on this wall in my head.

I haven't tried Landshark, all the Buffett fans online keep referring to it as "parrot piss" so I've passed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The town of Goderich in Ontario was hit by a F3 tornado in August....The tornado destroyed many buildngs and most of the historic town square. This Saturday, October 8, a concert will be held to help raise funds for the victims...artists include Matthew Good, Serena Ryder, The Arkells, Downchild Blues Band, The Salads, Maestro Fresh Wes, Choclair to name a few...BRAVO TO ALL WHO HAVE ORGANIZED THIS EVENT...BRAVO

Here's the website with info http://www.outofthestorm.net/

Edited by Juliet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Set in suburban Toronto, the film tracks a young man struggling between traditional Indo-Canadian family expectations and his dreams of hockey stardom

"Chup kar ke roti cala" ... hahaha. Funny little film. I liked it.

OCCUPY EVENT

I do not understand this event. Since so much banking is done online now especially by the younger generation.. what is the point of camping outside a bricks and mortor bank?

Juliet, I doubt the Canadian protestors themselves comprehend what they are protesting. Our banking system has always beenmuch more regulated than the what was is/was in the US. Lending practices would make the sub-prime type debacles much less likely to happen here. If a point was made it is improving tax systems in both countries. Recently having to deal with the IRS and all 50 of the American states has proved what a bureacratic mess it is. But I digress ..

In Toronto there is only a handful of protestors. They're camped in a cushy park near a big church with the public amenities (a few block from my office). I do hope they enjoy the oncoming Canadian winter. #FAIL

Edited by JAG

Hello Jag:

I understand the difference between the Canadian aand American banking practices

I consider myself an advocate rather than an activist. I think it's important to take a stand against what one believes is wrong. I also think it's important to acknowledge and reinforce what is right and what is working.

I have serious health and safety concerns about some of the occupiers.I do not want anyone to get sick or hurt. Call me over-protective.

I have alot of things bothering me about the Ontario health care system.from the experience of watching my father become ill with dementia. I will never forgive or forget some of the things I saw and heard during his decline. Now I have an ill mother. I was upset so I asked alot of questions to help me cope with this crisis. I realize that I must keep healthy in order to be an effective advocate for change.More importantly I must stay positive and healthy in order to care for my mother.

Juliet

• 3 weeks later...

^ First, Juliet, I am sorry to hear that you too had such a hard time with the health system. Many of us have unfortunately had similar reality checks with respect to its decline with loved ones in it. I hope the experience with your mom is better. Sending good thoughts...

On another note, here is some food for thought about what's included in a prospective crime bill - BILL C-32. Egregious invasion of privacy, no questions asked, if this gets passed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnE2lOpYLQ8

And here's what you can do about it:

Sign the petition

http://stopspying.ca/

and write to your MP

http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compilations/HouseOfCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey there Juliet!!! Its been a loooooong time. How did the Leafs do last night? I could not resist. But I picked them to make the playoffs on another board before the season started. And I also said the Blues would possibly win the West. I say they will play Vancouver for the West. With Tampa completely falliing apart, who knows? Well, hi to all my friends to the North. I was at the Canada vs Russia game last year in Buffalo. Junior championships. Bitter result. I cant wait to actually have myself a real Canadian beer.