Oh CANADA!

ZoSoDragon

• 3 weeks later...

Hello to Canadian and South American Zep fans:

There was a terrible accident this week north of Stratford, Ontario. Eleven farm workers from Peru were killed on a country road on their way back to Kitchener. Three remain in hospital. The driver of the van went through a stop sign. The van was hit by a truck. The truck driver was from London on his way home to celebrate his anniversary..

I am trying to find the link so you can read more in The London Free Press..I know that the van driver did not have the correct licence to drive a 15 seat van.

Juliet

PS here is the link... http://www.lfpress.com/perthtragedy

Edited by Juliet

Hi Led:

Yes that is good news about the Leafs and Wings.....I've heard people on London radio station talking about...

Now we have to get all the workers from EMD and Ford Talbotville etc etc etc back to work and I'll be happy...I'd head west if I was one of them..Calgary seems to be the hot spot for jobs..

Hi Led:

Yes that is good news about the Leafs and Wings.....I've heard people on London radio station talking about...

Now we have to get all the workers from EMD and Ford Talbotville etc etc etc back to work and I'll be happy...I'd head west if I was one of them..Calgary seems to be the hot spot for jobs..

By all means Juliet you can call me Rick. I am the same guy that had the Silver name. You know, that Sabres fan. Good to see the Leafs are going to get in. At least they should. Wilson has performed miracles IMO because outside of Kessel they are not really that deep.

Hello to Canadian and South American Zep fans:

There was a terrible accident this week north of Stratford, Ontario. Eleven farm workers from Peru were killed on a country road on their way back to Kitchener. Three remain in hospital. The driver of the van went through a stop sign. The van was hit by a truck. The truck driver was from London on his way home to celebrate his anniversary..

I am trying to find the link so you can read more in The London Free Press..I know that the van driver did not have the correct licence to drive a 15 seat van.

Juliet

PS here is the link... http://www.lfpress.com/perthtragedy

I made a slight error...there were 10 workers killed....the eleventh victim was the truck driver from London....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So sad, that is too young. Spent many hours with friends in T.O. looking through his store.

The founder and owner of Steve's Music Store has passed away at 65. He had stores in Montreal, Toronto and Ottawa

Myles Goodwyn of APRIL WINE paid tribute to him on AW's homepage http://www.aprilwine.ca/

The tribute is on the lower part of the homepage ...scroll down the page and you will see it....

Hi mini:

Did you like The Juno Awards? Both Bieber and Buble won for their Christmas CD's....I enjoyed Feist's performance the most...

Hey Juliet,

For me, anything music related I'm going to like. It's cool that you mentioned liking Feist's performance...it was the one part of the show I rewound to watch again!

The ECMA's are here in Moncton next week so I hope to get my fill with live performances. AND...we have some local talent on "Canada's Got Talent" too! Something else to watch.

Video not available in my country. :(

I went up there in 1990 as part of a 3 week holiday though, good times. I've got relatives who live over there. When we got off the plane, the first thing that was pointed out to me was the CN Tower in the distance.

^ LOL funny 'cause it's true. Of course we're just kidding :smileyquote::D

On to other news. So Leonard Cohen's former manager, Kelley Lynch, has been convicted of stalking him, his family and his associates with increasing threats and bizarre rants for YEARS. Included here are some quotes from the victim impact statement:

http://www.thewrap.c...-yourself-37091

Lynch has been sentenced to 18 months in prison. Considering she's been at it since like 2004, it seems a bit low:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-17783138

Some background info: Kelley Lynch was his manager for years and for a brief part of that time they were lovers. It was consentual, but not what you'd call romantic or leading somewhere. Cohen commented wryly that he never spent the night. Ouch.

So at some point they parted ways privately, but not professionally. Then Cohen decided to shift life gears, so he climbed up a mountain, and studied Buddhism for five years. During that time, Lynch proceeded to pilfer his life savings. He was down to $150K by the time the truth came out. Of course, the bittersweet irony is that Cohen came out of semiretirement to have a very successful world tour (with another one in the works!). Anyway, she was tried and convicted, and that's when the harrassments began.

If you scroll down to the comments of this link, you'll get an idea of her ramblings. These are very tame compared to the sometimes 50-page emails and death threats Cohen got, but it coveys a picture of a projecting, batshit loco mind:

http://www.hecklersp...se/20079855.php

Given that people with her tendencies only escalate with what they perceive to be instigations (restraining orders, convictions, etc.) you have to wonder what gear she'll be in after stewing in jail over these "injustices". Scary.

Edited by Patrycja