Oh CANADA!

ZoSoDragon

Yes it is, it's the Thanksgiving long weekend here.

Happy turkey day to you in the great white north. I'm going to celebrate Columbus Day by officiating your national game, Field Lacrosse. Go Canada and Happy Thanksgiving.

*sorry for the typo , there fixed. I wouldn't want to be denied future access to this great nation, based on a perceived insult.

Edited by Black Dawg

Never lived, but been to England and do love the place, it's the motherland afterall. Think of it this way:

England

130,410 square kilometres

Population 53,000,000

Province of Nova Scotia

55,000 square kilometres

Population 921,000 people

When you live the city of Halifax for example, you can leave the city and have miles and miles of geographical beauty without bumping into people every 15 minutes. India is a shithole, sorry to anyone who lives there, but it's a dump. You will find that like Nova Scotia, same thing applies in Newfoundland, New Brunwick, and Prince Edward Island. Northern New England is great as well, I love Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont.

Some parts of India are breathtaking. We spent a month up the Himalayas - Manali and Kulu Valley, North India. It was incredible. Of course Calcutta, Delhi, Bombay are overcrowded, dirty,smelly and hair raising. But there is a particular type of love and excitement, for me anyway, about these places.

I will post some pics of a few places that explain what I mean in the next couple of days. In fact my Avatar was taken in North India

Edited by chillumpuffer

The only part of India I know is Bombay, and I had the shits for a week - so that kind of skews ones perception of things...

Everyone I know has the shits in India for a few days. Me and Mrs CP got Gastro enteritis in Delhi the last time we were there and it was horendous but once it finishes you can get over it pretty quickly. Then you can enjoy the country to the full. It is a fantastic place to go for a few months. Utterly breathtaking,funny,scary and down right WEIRD

Here's hoping everyone can be with loved ones.

This will be a very difficult Thanksgiving for you but remember, your father will always be with you and he'll be with you today :)

• 1 month later...

When I heard Tim Horton's had the K cup finally I got excited and went straight there. But you need a special machine they have in Canada and I am pretty disappointed. I have a Keurig and its not compatable. I will have to wait until Tim Horton's comes around.

The coffee machine you need is called Tassimo

So thanks to Harper's hammer, the vast majority of Canadian waterways are no longer protected. I really REALLY hope people are paying attention to all the silent changes that are being made which will negatively affect Canadians if he isn't stopped in the next election. I hope he loses and takes Bozo Ford with him.

http://o.canada.com/2012/10/22/its-open-season-on-canadas-waterways-is-your-favourite-lake-or-stream-protected/

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2012/10/18/pol-navigable-waters-protection-budget-bill.html

So thanks to Harper's hammer, the vast majority of Canadian waterways are no longer protected. I really REALLY hope people are paying attention to all the silent changes that are being made which will negatively affect Canadians if he isn't stopped in the next election. I hope he loses and takes Bozo Ford with him.

http://o.canada.com/...ream-protected/

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...udget-bill.html

Looks like Harper is gonna stuff the Northern Gateway Project right down our throats :thumbdown:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enbridge_Northern_Gateway_Pipelines

Yeah. Open wide :thumbdown: It's ama zing how much he's getting away with by just quietly bulldozing things through with his majority. Democratic process be damned.

It feels like the whole country is alseep at the wheel. This country needs a viable and active opposition party and it needs it quick

I'm glad the Northern Gateway is happening, energy is important, and a minority of loud cranks should not prevent business from doing business

In favour or not, it's not just a bunch of loud cranks who are opposing the pipeline and marine terminal. The BC portion of the pipeline will travel thru some of the most pristine land in the country let alone the province and the company building it, Enbridge, hasn't exactly got a great record when it comes to pipeline spills. Even if one wants to ignore the enviromental damage that a spill on land would cause, the cost of the clean up would be astronomical. I think everyone will agree that a spill at sea would be even more devestating and costly. Given the area where the terminal will be built and the water channels involved getting into and out of it, I see the risks being far too high for me to ever find a way of supporting this project. Besides, there is no guarantee that the Chinese will continue to want our oil and with the Russians already in the process of building a direct oil pipeline to China, I have serious doubts as to whether there will be any sort of long term financial gain for Canada

Besides, there is no guarantee that the Chinese will continue to want our oil and with the Russians already in the process of building a direct oil pipeline to China, I have serious doubts as to whether there will be any sort of long term financial gain for Canada

Luckily you are not a business partner of mine. And yes, the Chinese and most of South Asia will continue to buy. Onwards and upwards, cheers mate!

Luckily you are not a business partner of mine. And yes, the Chinese and most of South Asia will continue to buy. Onwards and upwards, cheers mate!

Actually, I was initially in favour of the idea because of the revenue as well as the jobs that would be created. I should also say that traditionally, I'm not anti..making a good buck for the country. What swayed me first was the location of the pipeline. It's not as though it's going thru our desert areas where the only things that would be in danger were rattlesnakes and black widows. After that, the location of the marine terminal .I think one has to see the narrow water channels heading into Kitimat to fully appreciate why there's a hightened risk of catastrophe. Like I said, those concerns are not limited to the so called .. professional protester groups who tend to protest everything. Buisness leaders, politicians from various political persuasions as well as a huge chunk of the citizenry of British Columbia are expressing major concerns. This card that Harper has played with changing the existing protected water legislation is not going to go over well with those of us who feel he's just stuffing it down our throats but, unless our provincial government shows some moxy and stands up for the province it governs, I suspect in the end, the big players who invest money in the project, will all walk away happy

Edited by ally

It feels like the whole country is alseep at the wheel. This country needs a viable and active opposition party and it needs it quick

I agree. I couldn't believe it when Harper was elected. But then Ford was elected mayor of Toronto. I can't believe he's allowed to remain in office while he prepares his appeal. What a buffoon.