Time to move on...

nirvana

Let's face it good people, Robert, when or if offered an ultimatum of re-joining Zeppelin, will no doubt turn it down - whatever the offer, he's done.

It's over with , complete, as far as Robert is concerned. He had his time with the Band, loved and lived it, but new days and a new horizon is in sight for him.

The good ship is sailing and not with the old crew.

Wave goodbye and wish him the best. It's high time Jimmy and the boys did the same.

Let's face it good people, Robert, when or if offered an ultimatum of re-joining Zeppelin, will no doubt turn it down - whatever the offer, he's done.

It's over with , complete, as far as Robert is concerned. He had his time with the Band, loved and lived it, but new days and a new horizon is in sight for him.

Wave goodbye and wish him the best. It's high time Jimmy and the boys did the same.

I agree, time for Jimmy and the boys to move along without Plant -- he is not bigger than the band. Time to replace him and the other three get touring. Its long overdue.

Why say goodbye to Robert? He is still here. Just because he choose to go his own way why can't the "fans" of Zeppelin still support and appreciate the man. Personally, I think he deserves a huge amount of respect for staying true to himself. He has his own interests, and should do things he finds fun and exciting no matter what the masses think. Walk in his shoes before you judge how "selfish" he is.

BTW I can't wait to hear what Jimmy and JPJ come up with.

Haha typed up like it's a fact or coming out of the Lion's mouth ;)

When it comes to things like this I have this belief that there is only one 'being' that can come between all this and make the final call on when and if it happens and since time is still ticking away I'm pretty open to anything the "gentlemen" do and I'm sure going to be a fan that enjoys the ride where ever it leans and who ever takes the lead and for as long as it takes.

It's also interesting the wording many of the articles and online interviewers are using it's almost like the media is setting it up as a battle of them against him with nothing really being said by anyone involved...and what is said seems to be vague but then I have always learned not saying anything is ten times worse than saying something haha B)

^ Maybe back then they just paid everyone to be quiet haha ;)

Oh wait I just had a thought...back then half of the media was afraid of Led Zeppelin and the other half was probably going "Led Zeppelin who?" :D

^ Maybe back then they just paid everyone to be quiet haha ;)

Oh wait I just had a thought...back then half of the media was afraid of Led Zeppelin and the other half was probably going "Led Zeppelin who?" :D

Everything was so much word of mouth in those days that the media was sometimes left out of the loop.

Everything was so much word of mouth in those days that the media was sometimes left out of the loop.

That is very true...it's funny now thinking about it most of the bands I liked during that time were because of the people I was around...it really was word of mouth and almost underground in the way it traveled. It also seemed different parts of the states found out about different bands at different times. The radio stations seem to keep up only because of the djs and what nots haha

I think the few rock magazines helped but those rock t-shirts really seem to spread the words loudest haha but it is interesting to see how much a person can learn about a band now verses back then.

It kind of feels like the media is still out of the loop and just filling in the spaces when it comes to all the Led Zeppelin and Robert Plant moments.

Oh Zooma, it really is like having icing on a cake...but then I never think music dies its seems to have a life of its own even long after the makers have passed on to other things...

How about wishing Robert luck as his next string of shows with Alison begins tonight in KC? Who knows if he will say anything regarding a collaboration with the others in the days or weeks after the shows are complete. But those in the know on this sight have been hinting that he will have no involvement on any future recording or tour with the others.

How about wishing Robert luck as his next string of shows with Alison begins tonight in KC? Who knows if he will say anything regarding a collaboration with the others in the days or weeks after the shows are complete. But those in the know on this sight have been hinting that he will have no involvement on any future recording or tour with the others.

Their tour begins on the night of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFYgUHmfifcexecution date, September 23, according to their website. They should include http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTT2x4o4ulMin the setlist. There is still hope that the United States Supreme Court may grant a stay of execution.

ALthough i agree that Robert will probably not join the boy's on this alleged tour, i would still like to hear him categorically state through credible sources that he will, in no way, shape or form be part of any Zeppelin related endeavor...ever. This would ensure closure for me, nothing else.

That aside, Jimmy clearly wants to bring the music of Led Zeppelin back to the millions of people who still want it and he gets carte blanche from me to hire whomever he wishes to help him achieve that goal. I trust him to find the right vocalist and i believe that the performances will be lights out.

If anybody wishes not to partake, i'll gladly post my review here and y'all can read it and weep. This will not be some mundane nostalgic fluff tour, it will be a sonic shredding machine.

Can't wait to see "closest-thing-to-Zep" doing Led Zeppelin live.

ALthough i agree that Robert will probably not join the boy's on this alleged tour, i would still like to hear him categorically state through credible sources that he will, in no way, shape or form be part of any Zeppelin related endeavor...ever. This would ensure closure for me, nothing else.

That aside, Jimmy clearly wants to bring the music of Led Zeppelin back to the millions of people who still want it and he gets carte blanche from me to hire whomever he wishes to help him achieve that goal. I trust him to find the right vocalist and i believe that the performances will be lights out.

If anybody wishes not to partake, i'll gladly post my review here and y'all can read it and weep. This will not be some mundane nostalgic fluff tour, it will be a sonic shredding machine.

Can't wait to see "closest-thing-to-Zep" doing Led Zeppelin live.

Closure? :blink:

No offense but some people, particularly, but not entirely limited to the young ones, take all this too fucking serious! :o

I'm sure Jimmy is so relieved you trust his judgement and that he has your permission! :rolleyes:

I agree, time for Jimmy and the boys to move along without Plant -- he is not bigger than the band. Time to replace him and the other three get touring. Its long overdue.

There's a rumor that they've got someone from America;to do the vocal/singing side of the business .Why cant they keep it "British" ,surely they have got someone in England,Scotland or wales that could sing to there style and continue with the Celtic,Gaelic,viking theme etc folk songs/ mystical themes etc. :hippy: To be sure to be sure.

Closure? :blink:

No offense but some people, particularly, but not entirely limited to the young ones, take all this too fucking serious! :o

I'm sure Jimmy is so relieved you trust his judgement and that he has your permission! :rolleyes:

"Closure" is something victims of major trauma need, not victims of a non-Zeppelin tour.

Does anybody in here know how to get an audition for the job? I really, really want to give it a crack

www.myspace.com/philrowe

Robert has been looking at new horizons since 1980, it's no different now as it was then. As has been posted elsewhere, he's in no way preventing JP or JPJ from their careers, whatever direction they take (solo, duo). It'll be great to see the two of them working again, and I'll look forward to Robert's next project.

And who knows, maybe at some point in the future the stars will once again align and we'll see all three sharing a stage for a fleeting glimpse.

Why say goodbye to Robert? He is still here. Just because he choose to go his own way why can't the "fans" of Zeppelin still support and appreciate the man. Personally, I think he deserves a huge amount of respect for staying true to himself. He has his own interests, and should do things he finds fun and exciting no matter what the masses think. Walk in his shoes before you judge how "selfish" he is.

BTW I can't wait to hear what Jimmy and JPJ come up with.

Well said and I completely agree.

There's a rumor that they've got someone from America;to do the vocal/singing side of the business .Why cant they keep it "British" ,surely they have got someone in England,Scotland or wales that could sing to there style and continue with the Celtic,Gaelic,viking theme etc folk songs/ mystical themes etc. :hippy: To be sure to be sure.

What difference does it make if they're American or British? Maybe the person they connected with and felt was right for their project happened to be from America.

:rolleyes:

I really don't see that Robert needs to sign an oath in blood that he will never ever be involved in Zeppelin again, utter the word Zeppelin, think the word Zeppelin, go within 25 miles of Jimmy Page, etc. etc. Maybe if he doesn't do it now, he might change his mind in the future, and if the planets align, and the others are up for it, and the new guy's off doing his own project, Plant, Page, and Jones (and Bonham) might play together again. Why not? He has to swear off it (and presumably the rest of the band along with him) just so some fans can have some phony "closure"?

The time is NOW! Roberts voice will be doing nothing but deteriorating in his 60's, medical fact! If he doesnt want to EVER do it, he should just say no never, but he won't because he doesnt want to ruin his fan base who are 90% zep fans!!! I respect his feelings, but i think they are misguided. He can do new and fresh things and do just one Zep farewell tour. he sounded fabulous at the 02. i can see his reservations about the beuaracracy, but they are the greatest rock band ever, they can do it on THEIR terms, the way THEY want to do it, if he doesnt want to sign all that bull crap, than let Jimmy do it. Jimmy owns the name anyway. Just give us one 40th/farewell tour and i know that most REAl zep fans will be happy with that and he will never have to answer Zep reunion questions again( not that he really does anyway). But STOP HANGING EVERYONE ON and JUST SAY NO NEVER, because frankly thats the part that really annoys me, and is cowardly.

The time is NOW! Roberts voice will be doing nothing but deteriorating in his 60's, medical fact! If he doesnt want to EVER do it, he should just say no never, but he won't because he doesnt want to ruin his fan base who are 90% zep fans!!! I respect his feelings, but i think they are misguided. He can do new and fresh things and do just one Zep farewell tour. he sounded fabulous at the 02. i can see his reservations about the beuaracracy, but they are the greatest rock band ever, they can do it on THEIR terms, the way THEY want to do it, if he doesnt want to sign all that bull crap, than let Jimmy do it. Jimmy owns the name anyway. Just give us one 40th/farewell tour and i know that most REAl zep fans will be happy with that and he will never have to answer Zep reunion questions again( not that he really does anyway). But STOP HANGING EVERYONE ON and JUST SAY NO NEVER, because frankly thats the part that really annoys me, and is cowardly.

Jimmy IS doing it--Jimmy is moving ahead with a new musical project, for which I'm sure he's signing tons of paper. Stop whining about whether Robert's involved or not and let Jimmy get on with it!! You want to see him, yes? You don't want him to wait another decade for Robert, right? Then let him get on with whatever he's doing, and let Robert get on with what HE's doing, and be grateful for the results!! This "Give us one farewell tour and we'll be happy" is ridiculous--NO YOU WON'T, once they've done one you'll want two, and so on and so on. "They didn't play my home town last time!" What you're describing is just not the way it works--a guy can't decide to do a tour he really doesn't have his heart in ,with a bunch of guys he doesn't currently have his heart with, and produce anything worth listening to.

THEY KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING!! LET THEM GET ON WITH IT, WITHOUT DEMANDING THE IMPOSSIBLE!! AND DON'T DEMAND PHONY CLOSURES THAT NONE OF US HAVE ANY RIGHT TO!!

Sorry, y'all, but, well, it's Tuesday. :blush:

Archived