Time to move on...

nirvana

Connections.....I'm sure that's what's holding you down.

u17981527.jpg

What an adorable statement. Thank you and congrats on all the things you do so well from 9-5.

Actually ,yes it is. Your reply doesn't surprise me. I've heard it all too many times until of course I've gotten the chance to show people what I'm talking about and then well, silence and awe is really the only words I can think of. I mean no disrepsect to Jason in the least bit. He's under great scrutiny and pressure trying to carry on the name. I'm not. Everyone on this board including me has said he "did very well", did his Father proud", etc. But if we can cut out the sweeping violins for a moment, no one ever said he nailed it. My friend, I nail it. I never took lessons, I just have the same feel. There's much more to all this that would go well beyond the heads and egos of most on here, but let's make a super long story super short and say I woke one day not even knowing how to play the intro to Rock and Roll and maybe 6 months later with limited ability to practice living in an apartment, I knew how to play all the songs. I've watched Black Crowe's drummer, Michael Lee AND Jason try to play the time changes in In My Time Of Dying and they come close but they don't "get it". You may think I'm being cocky but put a band or THE band in front of me and you'll see.

Maybe you or someone can help instead being all too predictably cynical. I need to find a way to record drum tracks over the Zep stuff. I know they have programs with the guitar removed but can anyone find a way to remove the drum tracks?

Right now and over the years I primitively just record my self playing over the CD's which is actually ok. Just did Physical Graffiti last week.

I would appreciate any suggestions or PM me if you actually have a connection and I'll get you your tour the way you want to see and hear it.

Taking this backward... anything remotely negative mentioned in the same breath as Plant is "bashing" to you. If you only want to see hearts and flowers, perhaps you are on the wrong website? There are several Plant only places you can go to have your POV validated by the like-minded.

This is a discussion board. If you have a problem with me wanting to respond in a give-and-take discussion, again, perhaps you are in the wrong place?

Yes, I honestly think you don't fucking know that... because you keep telling people how they are supposed to feel, what feelings are acceptable and what aren't. Apparently you didn't appreciate why this is important to people.

No one's asking for therapy. I would like to see the living band members playing the music I love. Looks like most of them are up for that. Why is that upsetting to you?

BTW, interesting perspective you have on psychological therapy. Do you also think people with broken bones shouldn't go to therapy? People with a bad flu shouldn't seek therapy? Lots of people who need psychiatric help are too arrogant, shallow or maybe ashamed to seek it, which is sad. There's no need to suffer when help is available.

Anyway, therapy isn't everything. Music may be the best thing to help people deal with tragedies in their personal lives - and happy times, too. When was the last funeral or wedding you went to where there was no music?

Musicians and artists who are willing to put their hearts and souls out there find special places in peoples' hearts. I'm really sorry if for some odd reason you can't let others care about artists even if they've never met them in the flesh. But that doesn't change how I feel, or how other people feel.

Do you want me to list the tragedies and difficulties in my personal life too in order to prove I have a clue? My personal misfortunes start at the age of four; trust me, that is a diffucult age to learn to cope with trauma, and yes my therapist helped me a lot with that sticky wicket, may god bless her. My parents have been dead for over 20 years now, my grandparents for over 40. You have my sympathy in your loss.

You told me I had to get perspective, so I gave you my perspective. It's not just mine, of course, the story of Zeppelin is very compelling to many people. I'm not ashamed to be one of them.

Congratulations on your luck in having someone give you a ticket. I hope attending the concert helped you cope with your terrible loss.

Oh and you complain when Plant is being sarcastic and your final comment is as cold as you seem to be at times. :blink: I bow to your sensitiviyty and empathy skills. (Hows wthat for sarcasm?)

Come on woman you are the biggest and most consistent Plant basher here on .com :angry:

Many of us were upset at Bonzos passing the break up of the band but have been able to get on with life without counselling or therapy. I remember all the pathetic crap that has occured when boy bands have broken up and counselling has been offerred to the fans. How on earth does that compare to personal tragedy and trauma?

I don't see too many people with broken bones coming for psychological therapy but it seems you think that we should be advocating therapy for people because aband broke up. People get over lots of extremely traumatic stuff without help, others seek help if they stub their toes.

I don't see Aqua telling people how they should feel, there's plenty around here that do though.

I felt sad about Karac and for Robert and his family but come on his loss was personal to him asmy losses have been to me, yours to you etc etc. people can feel empathy but not take on the trauma for petes sake. if we did that with everyone we kew or in Robert and th e bands case we didn't know then we would all forever be traumatised and definitely be in need of therapy.

But I would want a damn fine therapist. can't see you ever being one.

Oh by the way as you block knebbys posts here is what she said in reply to yours earlier

"Your biggest "personal misfortune" is your horrible online personna, but of course you won't be reading this so I'm sure I'm wasting my words there.

I totally undersood you Aqua, and whatsmore, agreed with you. Wonder what old ray-of-sunshine will put that down to, eh? "

Have a trauma free day Mrs Plant basher extraordinaire

Wow can anyone be more humble? Geez!! (this means you drummer girl) I had a buddy who had "The Feel" we used to call him Bonzo JR, he even looked like and acted like him! Alas he had the same fatal flaw and died at the age of 33, from drugs/alcohol. What a waste. He would never speak as highly of himself, get some ethics!!!

Here's some perspective:

Maureen Plant nearly died, Robert Plant badly injured, Plant and Page children luckily and thankfully not badly physically injured in a car accident. Fans all over the world left holding tickets and worrying (me among them).

Karac Plant died tragically young. Fans all over the world horrified and saddened, left wondering and praying for two years.

John Bonham, father of two, a drummer who was living proof of the saying "without music, life would be a mistake," died unnecessarily at age 32 in sad circumstances. Zeppelin disbands. Fans shocked, stunned, in mourning. This was a real loss to people, you know.

Meanwhile, Plant can't answer a simple question without being sarcastic, or else, he won't answer because it might impact his current tour. We are all regularly schooled in interviews and even in songs about what is cabaret, what music is "old" and worthless and what music is old but important, why it sucks for people to continue to play music they wrote in the 60s and 70s, but it's great for him to play music they wrote in the 60s and 70s. And so on.

Perhaps a little perspective the other way is called for?

I appreciate what you're saying. But I don't agree.

The fact is, when someone suffers a series of very traumatic accidents/losses, etc, the thoughts of the fans go out the window. I for one wouldn't think twice about a fan who was left disappointed, unused ticket in hand, and certainly not if my son had died. I'm sorry, but you can't compare the loss of a child and close friend to the disappointment of a fan. And any decent fan wouldn't want to be compared as such.

And I'm gonna sound very cold now. But John's loss, as shocking and as sudden as it was, was not a real loss to me. Not really. He was a loss to Pat, Jason, Zoe, et all. He was a loss to Robert, John Paul, Jimmy, Peter, etc. He was a loss to his friends and family. He was a loss to the music world in general. But not to me. Not personally. Maybe it's because I was born five years after, maybe it's because, somehow, despite all the music, they've never seemed 'real' to me. I'm sure if I'd ever have had the pleasure of seeing them, they would seem real. But they don't. And until they get back out on the road (if they do), they won't, either. I regret that I missed them, and I regret that John died, but I'd feel like a royal shit if I went into counselling complaining of a rock star's death. All the while, never considering that his friends and family, either didn't go into counselling or, worse, actually had to because of it.

Wow can anyone be more humble? Geez!! (this means you drummer girl) I had a buddy who had "The Feel" we used to call him Bonzo JR, he even looked like and acted like him! Alas he had the same fatal flaw and died at the age of 33, from drugs/alcohol. What a waste. He would never speak as highly of himself, get some ethics!!!

KidLed,

Correction #1- I'm not a girl

Correction#2. In my 26 years of playing I have been very humble and sometimes very self critical of my playing. When people ask me to sign stuff after show I laugh and tell them I'm nobody and they insist.

I took issue with someone saying that just because someone was American, they couldn't play Led Zeppelin well. I'm only stating facts and if you wanna take it as cocky or unethical, that's certainly your right. I don't know if you've been in the business at all but you don't get anywhere being meek. You have to sell yourself and make things happen. I have not had much luck in that category due to living in a pea sized state and matters beyond control keep me from being able to move at the moment. I was by no means saying that I was the one and only person that could nail Zeppelin. I said I've yet to meet or hear the person.

I'm very sorry about the passing of your friend. I had a guitarist who sounded incredidly like Page and we would bootleg versions of Dazed out at clubs and blow people minds. It was alot of fun. Unfortunately he passed away from Hodgkins disease at the age of 21. I was also given the nickname of Bonzo in high school for playing Moby Dick at my Homecoming dance. It is now also my state vanity tag..

Maybe you misunderstood my post or maybe I came across different than I intended to. I'm sure, judging by some of posts I've read, it wouldn't be the first time there's been a misunderstanding.

Sorry you took it the way you did. I need ethics because you compare me to the way someone else would or wouldn't have behaved? I respectfully question your judgement in saying that. I live up to my own standards, not to someone I've never met or known.

Indeed it seems that to Jason, Jimmy and Jonesy it's time to move on now - if hardly under the name Led Zeppelin, since Robert is not involved in their current band project. And of course it's up to the people involved in the project to make announcements about it, not Robert. There is not a shadow of a doubt as to the fact that they wanted to have Robert there, and to reunite the band; but as he's not interested they try somebody else. And that will make it a different band.

Now, for some reason I have a feeling that this project will be one of the most ambitious, if not the most ambitious, of all post-Zep projects, and I assume they have given a lot of thought to the singer question. One of the things any singer would have to be able to do is to sing the old LZ songs live, aside from that it would have to be somebody who has a real creative input. This already narrows it down considerably.

But there's more. Led Zeppelin possessed something very unusual in rock music: sheer greatness. The music carries a sense of real artistic accomplishment, and it has retained a freshness through the years that is nothing short of astonishing. I wonder why? Well, I have a theory that it's to do with something that, for want of a better term, you might call immediacy of expression. I want to try to break that down into some of the components.

In a lot of later rock music there is a widespread sense of a certain formulaic quality, a sense that you only have this much room to move in, musically speaking. Led Zeppelin predated the hard rock formulas, and were never interested in them as such. They invented some of them as they went, but as simple byproducts of the artistic journey. So, in a word: no formulas hamper their modes of musical expression.

Another interesting thing about LZ was that many of the bands contemporaneous with them went on to experiment with sources of inspiration outside popular music, broadly conceived, e.g. they looked to classical and modern music for inspiration in their attempts to create something new and valuable within the framework of rock music. That was what the progressive rock bands did, and within hard rock you can detect a similar tendency in Deep Purple. I like many of these bands, but it's just a different aspiration, and Led Zeppelin based themselves almost exclusively to various different influences within popular music. This also means that their roots are very visible in their music, and there is a resulting sense of directness.

A lot of later rock music carries a sense of cynicism, hence implying a sense of distance from what they are actually saying and doing. In other bands you hear so-called "angst", an "attitude" that just ends up being ridiculous: So, are you guys about being angry all the fucking time? Know what I mean? Well, Led Zeppelin are totally different. They weren't always bloody serious, but they were sincere almost to the point of being childish. They meant it, and they didn't abstract an attitude from the complexity of lived experience. And it's just so refreshing to hear that, still is, after all these years.

Some of the best singers in rock have a distinct ability to act through their music; Roger Daltrey comes to mind (Behind Blue Eyes, for example), as does Mick Jagger (Faraway Eyes being one of the more obvious examples), and of later rock singers Eddie Vedder has that quality in abundance. While I love those singers, Robert was about something else: just singing your heart out every fucking time they performed, changing things around as needed (and doing so while of course taking close notice of what his bandmates were doing), and again, and above all: just expressing himself. Immediately.

In short, there is no replacing Robert Plant. Led Zeppelin was a band where every member always gave everything they had, and that's what Robert Plant did - unforgettably. That also means that if his heart isn't in it, he simply can't rejoin the others. It wouldn't even sound right. But I am glad the others have found a way to express themselves in a new framework; and I hope the new singer is somebody who can at least approach some of the magic Robert had.

Gee been away one day and there are pages and pages to read here !! It must of been really hard for Aqua to loose her parents at the time of getting tickets etc. That puts everything in perspective ! There was I trying to get a ticket and didn't even know that happened at the time it did, due to being to hung up getting a ticket. Only when I lost Dad in June did I find out, thanks for the kind words Aqua :).

The fact that Jimmy as Ninelives said has said its the four of them or no Zep, makes me think, that in 1980they said that too, that changed in 85 (although they were not billed as Zep I think), 1988 and Atlantic and properly last year for the full gig, so it is possible for Jimmy to get another singer in and call it Zeppelin ?? Lets face it , it was his band and who are we to say if Jimmy and JPJ shouldn't call it Zep, if they do I for one will go and see them, if not and its the Hot Potato band(like this topic <_< ) then cool too, so maybe we should get off our high horses and stop saying they shouldn't without Robert, in that case they shldn't without Bonzo..

Exciting times what ever the outcome :)

Taking this backward... anything remotely negative mentioned in the same breath as Plant is "bashing" to you. If you only want to see hearts and flowers, perhaps you are on the wrong website? There are several Plant only places you can go to have your POV validated by the like-minded.

This is a discussion board. If you have a problem with me wanting to respond in a give-and-take discussion, again, perhaps you are in the wrong place?

Yes, I honestly think you don't fucking know that... because you keep telling people how they are supposed to feel, what feelings are acceptable and what aren't. Apparently you didn't appreciate why this is important to people.

No one's asking for therapy. I would like to see the living band members playing the music I love. Looks like most of them are up for that. Why is that upsetting to you?

BTW, interesting perspective you have on psychological therapy. Do you also think people with broken bones shouldn't go to therapy? People with a bad flu shouldn't seek therapy? Lots of people who need psychiatric help are too arrogant, shallow or maybe ashamed to seek it, which is sad. There's no need to suffer when help is available.

Anyway, therapy isn't everything. Music may be the best thing to help people deal with tragedies in their personal lives - and happy times, too. When was the last funeral or wedding you went to where there was no music?

Musicians and artists who are willing to put their hearts and souls out there find special places in peoples' hearts. I'm really sorry if for some odd reason you can't let others care about artists even if they've never met them in the flesh. But that doesn't change how I feel, or how other people feel.

Do you want me to list the tragedies and difficulties in my personal life too in order to prove I have a clue? My personal misfortunes start at the age of four; trust me, that is a diffucult age to learn to cope with trauma, and yes my therapist helped me a lot with that sticky wicket, may god bless her. My parents have been dead for over 20 years now, my grandparents for over 40. You have my sympathy in your loss.

You told me I had to get perspective, so I gave you my perspective. It's not just mine, of course, the story of Zeppelin is very compelling to many people. I'm not ashamed to be one of them.

Congratulations on your luck in having someone give you a ticket. I hope attending the concert helped you cope with your terrible loss.

Oh it never ends with you. You have an axe to grind with Aqua (why I have absolutely no idea) and you are choosing to read what she said as you see fit for an argument. Get over it. You completely missed her point. I know and agree with what she said as do others and it has nothing to do with your endless we all seem to think Robert is perfect rant (though you seem to think he's an ass not worthy of anything but I guess that's okay). And now you will go away and hide because people challenge you and wait until you find something else to go after her with.

Lets face it , it was his band and who are we to say if Jimmy and JPJ shouldn't call it Zep,

It is interesting to hear this point of view that it is Jimmy's band, or was Jimmy's band, though I have heard it a lot. I have never that I can recall read anything or heard anything that quotes Jimmy referring to it as such, apart from at the very beginning when he formed it. I doubt that Jimmy would have said Bonzo was in HIS band, it was equal and each member brought something unique to it., it was THEIR band. Jimmy comes across as a very humble guy regarding these issues, I do not think he believes he is any more entitled to the band than Robert is. Whether or not Jimmy, John Paul and Jason choose to call this new project Led Zeppelin is another question, although I suspect that since nothing Jimmy has said has suggested that without Robert there can be any form of Led Zeppelin, the answer is no.

As for the question of why Robert would rather sing duets with Alison than be the face of Led Zeppelin, someone earlier in the thread mentioned perspective and the terrible events that Robert has lived through, losing his son, losing his best friend, car crashes, drug addiction, having to keep forming and reforming bands, etc and I think that, from various interviews, what this has taught Robert is that there is no time to sit around, there is no time to sit back and there is no time to do anything other than what he absolutely wants to do. If his heart is not in it, after realizing how suddenly life can be taken from him, why should he want to commit himself to spending the next few precious years being someone he doesn't want to be? For the fans? Would anyone here spend their autumn years when they could be doing something that really excites them, doing something they don't want to do for someone they don't even know?

Some of the best singers in rock have a distinct ability to act through their music; Roger Daltrey comes to mind (Behind Blue Eyes, for example), as does Mick Jagger (Faraway Eyes being one of the more obvious examples), and of later rock singers Eddie Vedder has that quality in abundance. While I love those singers, Robert was about something else: just singing your heart out every fucking time they performed, changing things around as needed (and doing so while of course taking close notice of what his bandmates were doing), and again, and above all: just expressing himself. Immediately.

In short, there is no replacing Robert Plant. Led Zeppelin was a band where every member always gave everything they had, and that's what Robert Plant did - unforgettably. That also means that if his heart isn't in it, he simply can't rejoin the others. It wouldn't even sound right. But I am glad the others have found a way to express themselves in a new framework; and I hope the new singer is somebody who can at least approach some of the magic Robert had.

I agree with you Otto, especially your last paragraph. I would like a singer who can do justice to the great music without being a clone and who can contribute songs, groove, feel and inspiration to Jimmy Jonesy and Jason and not just be a jobbing adddition.

No one can replace Robert for what he gave to the the band, music, the shows, the fun etc but lets just have the others out there playing B) And good luck to whoever gets the gig. Hell of an act to follow.

But lets hear it cos its what we all want it :D

It is interesting to hear this point of view that it is Jimmy's band, or was Jimmy's band, though I have heard it a lot. I have never that I can recall read anything or heard anything that quotes Jimmy referring to it as such, apart from at the very beginning when he formed it. I doubt that Jimmy would have said Bonzo was in HIS band, it was equal and each member brought something unique to it., it was THEIR band. Jimmy comes across as a very humble guy regarding these issues, I do not think he believes he is any more entitled to the band than Robert is. Whether or not Jimmy, John Paul and Jason choose to call this new project Led Zeppelin is another question, although I suspect that since nothing Jimmy has said has suggested that without Robert there can be any form of Led Zeppelin, the answer is no.

As for the question of why Robert would rather sing duets with Alison than be the face of Led Zeppelin, someone earlier in the thread mentioned perspective and the terrible events that Robert has lived through, losing his son, losing his best friend, drug addiction, having to keep forming and reforming bands, etc and I think that, from various interviews, what this has taught Robert is that there is no time to sit around, there is no time to sit back and there is no time to do anything other than what he absolutely wants to do. If his heart is not in it, after realizing how suddenly life can be taken from him, why should he want to commit himself to spending the next few precious years being someone he doesn't want to be? For the fans? Would anyone here spend their autumn years when they could be doing something that really excites them, doing something they don't want to do for someone they don't even know?

In the beginning it was Jimmy's band. He had the vision to put it together, and it worked. I'm sure beyond his comprehension, when all was said and done. But have no doubt that Led Zeppelin was Jimmy's creation and he was the one driving it through his songwriting, playing, producing. In time Plant, Jones and Bonham got their due by what they brought to Jimmy's original idea. Jimmy came to recognize pretty early on that this was a band of equals and was grateful to be in the company of such.

I also don't think that Robert was ever a drug addict and that it was his his decision to keep changing the lineup and direction of his solo career, not something that was ever thrust on him. Hopefully his autumn years are not yet here, and he should spend them surrounded by his family as a very old wise man, not in the public arena for us to feel sorry for and speculate about who might take his spot, when his spot can never be taken. What was then was then. What is now is now. If Jimmy and Jonesy have something going on it should not have to include Robert for it to have merit, Just as Robert does not have to include Jimmy and Jonesy in his plans.

Jimmy Page - cant you see that Roberts had enough , but Don't call your new band Led Zeppelin (I Know you wont ). For years you have been saying, your going to do new stuff and you never do .Now is the time ,and with John paul Jones .I know its going to be great !!!

Jimmy Page - cant you see that Roberts had enough , but Don't call your new band Led Zeppelin (I Know you wont ). For years you have been saying, your going to do new stuff and you never do .Now is the time ,and with John paul Jones .I know its going to be great !!!

I think that the only thing that Robert has enough of is BS. he still loves music and performing.

Otto,

That was an extraordinary post. You've described the indescribable.

What Robert added was a playfulness and sexiness that does not exist in our modern "tribalized" man. There ain't no one who can pull it off today.

Roberts lyrics were sincere, his delivery meant business whether to entice, urge or passionately call to the ocean. There was a joy that came through in the music that just comes from a different age/era.

Any attempt today to play these cards just become parody in such a cynical market. We ALL crave the REAL and even in our cynicism are drawn to it when we encounter it, but it's rare. How you find that puzzle piece is beyond me. I think it's un-do-able!

Who ever gets the call will take the music in a different direction than if Robert was part of it. It's just a reality of co-operative creation. I don't think the J's would want a "stand-in". I think that they are gonna make music for the love of it. Not one of them is cash poor.

I believe that the J's have got some great music in them and the "new" guy has got to have the stones to play with giants and sincerely love the musical exploration that comes from working in that cauldron. He's also gotta be veteran enough to deal with the media/fan/market circus that's gonn follow this thing.

It's gonna be a GREAT RIDE!

Jimmy came to recognize pretty early on that this was a band of equals and was grateful to be in the company of such.

Thats what I think, right. He has said as much several times.

I also don't think that Robert was ever a drug addict

I am referring to what he said once about himself following his son's death. He stopped taking everything after Karac died, he said it put everything into perspective and he no longer wanted substances to rule his life, or words to that effect. He said he saw himself for what he was suddenly, he was paranoid at the time and convinced he was being stalked by reporters and he didn't like what he saw, so he went back to his family and threw away the drugs and has never looked back. :)

and that it was his his decision to keep changing the lineup and direction of his solo career, not something that was ever thrust on him.

I think it was thrust upon him in a way because he suffered more or less success with certain bands and they weren't always pleased with the avenues he took so he had to start again with someone else. He has said that his third album didn't do so well and he was away several years trying to decide what to do about it before his next one came out with a different group of musicians. I am not saying he didn't have fun along the way, he has said he most certainly did, but he had to work at it and work hard at it and sometimes it was harder than at others.

If Jimmy and Jonesy have something going on it should not have to include Robert for it to have merit, Just as Robert does not have to include Jimmy and Jonesy in his plans.

I absolutely agree. :D

Otto,

That was an extraordinary post. You've described the indescribable.

What Robert added was a playfulness and sexiness that does not exist in our modern "tribalized" man. There ain't no one who can pull it off today.

Roberts lyrics were sincere, his delivery meant business whether to entice, urge or passionately call to the ocean. There was a joy that came through in the music that just comes from a different age/era.

Any attempt today to play these cards just become parody in such a cynical market. We ALL crave the REAL and even in our cynicism are drawn to it when we encounter it, but it's rare. How you find that puzzle piece is beyond me. I think it's un-do-able!

Who ever gets the call will take the music in a different direction than if Robert was part of it. It's just a reality of co-operative creation. I don't think the J's would want a "stand-in". I think that they are gonna make music for the love of it. Not one of them is cash poor.

I believe that the J's have got some great music in them and the "new" guy has got to have the stones to play with giants and sincerely love the musical exploration that comes from working in that cauldron. He's also gotta be veteran enough to deal with the media/fan/market circus that's gonn follow this thing.

It's gonna be a GREAT RIDE!

Amen to that

What an adorable statement. Thank you and congrats on all the things you do so well from 9-5.

Actually ,yes it is. Your reply doesn't surprise me. I've heard it all too many times until of course I've gotten the chance to show people what I'm talking about and then well, silence and awe is really the only words I can think of. I mean no disrepsect to Jason in the least bit. He's under great scrutiny and pressure trying to carry on the name. I'm not. Everyone on this board including me has said he "did very well", did his Father proud", etc. But if we can cut out the sweeping violins for a moment, no one ever said he nailed it. My friend, I nail it. I never took lessons, I just have the same feel. There's much more to all this that would go well beyond the heads and egos of most on here, but let's make a super long story super short and say I woke one day not even knowing how to play the intro to Rock and Roll and maybe 6 months later with limited ability to practice living in an apartment, I knew how to play all the songs. I've watched Black Crowe's drummer, Michael Lee AND Jason try to play the time changes in In My Time Of Dying and they come close but they don't "get it". You may think I'm being cocky but put a band or THE band in front of me and you'll see.

Maybe you or someone can help instead being all too predictably cynical. I need to find a way to record drum tracks over the Zep stuff. I know they have programs with the guitar removed but can anyone find a way to remove the drum tracks?

Right now and over the years I primitively just record my self playing over the CD's which is actually ok. Just did Physical Graffiti last week.

I would appreciate any suggestions or PM me if you actually have a connection and I'll get you your tour the way you want to see and hear it.

pic_06a.jpg

Ultimate Play Along - Guitar Zeus

Jam with 7 Rockin' Carmine Appice Charts! This play-along package includes full notation, comments from Carmine and CD containing tracks with and without drums so you can play along!

PRICE - $22.00

There ya go, you're ticket to stardom. I'll bet those vanity plates go over well in Mayberry.

Thats what I think, right.

I am using what he said once about himself following his son's death. He stopped taking everything after Karac died, he said it put everything into perspective and he no longer wanted substances to rule his life, or words to that effect. He said he saw himself for what he was suddenly, he was paranoid at the time and convinced he was being stalked by reporters and he didn't like what he saw, so he went back to his family and threw away the drugs and has never looked back.

I think it was thrust upon him in a way because he suffered more or less success with certain bands and they weren't always pleased with the avenues he took so he had to start again with someone else. He has said that his third album didn't do so well and he was away several years trying to decide what to do about it before his next one came out with a different group of musicians. I am not saying he didn't have fun along the way, he has said he most certainly did, but he had to work at it and work hard at it and sometimes it was harder than at others.

I know that. I think you are agreeing with me? :D

I am in many ways, just adding my own two cents. I do think that Shaken and Stirred was totally Robert and that he loves it to this day. I'm not sure that commercial appeal matters much to him then or now. I don't agree with the opinion that he felt he was a drug addict and needed to find himself in that respect. It was more along the lines that being a rock star didn't really matter in the scheme of real life.

As for the question of why Robert would rather sing duets with Alison than be the face of Led Zeppelin, someone earlier in the thread mentioned perspective and the terrible events that Robert has lived through, losing his son, losing his best friend, car crashes, drug addiction, having to keep forming and reforming bands, etc and I think that, from various interviews, what this has taught Robert is that there is no time to sit around, there is no time to sit back and there is no time to do anything other than what he absolutely wants to do. If his heart is not in it, after realizing how suddenly life can be taken from him, why should he want to commit himself to spending the next few precious years being someone he doesn't want to be? For the fans? Would anyone here spend their autumn years when they could be doing something that really excites them, doing something they don't want to do for someone they don't even know?

Robert has spoken often over the last few years about how at this time in his life and career, whatever he's doing musicaly, it has to mean something to him, challenge and move him or there's no point (his words).

I am in many ways, just adding my own two cents. I do think that Shaken and Stirred was totally Robert and that he loves it to this day.

He does, I read an interview fairly recently where he said just that. :) I love it too, but his musicians apparently didn't.

I'm not sure that commercial appeal matters much to him then or now.

I think that has been mostly true for the latter part of his life, but at first he did things like the coke commercial, he started talking to the press, I think he felt like he had to be commercially successful without Led Zeppelin to prove to himself that he could. Later, when he had proved it, it wasn't so important maybe.

I don't agree with the opinion that he felt he was a drug addict and needed to find himself in that respect. It was more along the lines that being a rock star didn't really matter in the scheme of real life.

It was him that said it, not me. :D I will see if I can find the interview for you, though I probably can't, I'm never too good at finding the sources. ;)

Archived