Time to move on...

nirvana

Numerous great comments and perspectives by so many of you today. It is their decision and whatever direction they take is just fine with me. For Robert to be involved it would have to be a project that inspires him immensely musically. Just remember, that is the path he has carved out through his entire career. But if it's just the three J's than that will be great too. What a rollercoaster ride this has been through all the opinions, speculations and second guessing. No one has denied a thing so I feel it's all just beginning and can't wait to see how it turn out.

Oh and you complain when Plant is being sarcastic and your final comment is as cold as you seem to be at times. :blink: I bow to your sensitiviyty and empathy skills. (Hows wthat for sarcasm?)

Come on woman you are the biggest and most consistent Plant basher here on .com :angry:

Many of us were upset at Bonzos passing the break up of the band but have been able to get on with life without counselling or therapy. I remember all the pathetic crap that has occured when boy bands have broken up and counselling has been offerred to the fans. How on earth does that compare to personal tragedy and trauma?

I don't see too many people with broken bones coming for psychological therapy but it seems you think that we should be advocating therapy for people because aband broke up. People get over lots of extremely traumatic stuff without help, others seek help if they stub their toes.

I don't see Aqua telling people how they should feel, there's plenty around here that do though.

I felt sad about Karac and for Robert and his family but come on his loss was personal to him asmy losses have been to me, yours to you etc etc. people can feel empathy but not take on the trauma for petes sake. if we did that with everyone we kew or in Robert and th e bands case we didn't know then we would all forever be traumatised and definitely be in need of therapy.

But I would want a damn fine therapist. can't see you ever being one.

Oh by the way as you block knebbys posts here is what she said in reply to yours earlier

"Your biggest "personal misfortune" is your horrible online personna, but of course you won't be reading this so I'm sure I'm wasting my words there.

I totally undersood you Aqua, and whatsmore, agreed with you. Wonder what old ray-of-sunshine will put that down to, eh? "

Have a trauma free day Mrs Plant basher extraordinaire

My final comment was meant without the slightest irony. In fact my entire point is that Led Zeppelin mean a lot to me and to many others because their music has helped us and does help us through through hard times.

This however invokes nothing but the usual dismissive and frankly ugly sarcasm from you - why?

Again, Aquamarine has my sympathies for her terrible losses, of a nature I am personally acqauinted with. I hope that attending the O2 concert helped her with her grieving, as music often does.

Oh it never ends with you. You have an axe to grind with Aqua (why I have absolutely no idea) and you are choosing to read what she said as you see fit for an argument. Get over it. You completely missed her point. I know and agree with what she said as do others and it has nothing to do with your endless we all seem to think Robert is perfect rant (though you seem to think he's an ass not worthy of anything but I guess that's okay). And now you will go away and hide because people challenge you and wait until you find something else to go after her with.

Actually I went away and worked for a living. Pardon me, I'm sure.

What an adorable statement. Thank you and congrats on all the things you do so well from 9-5.

Actually ,yes it is. Your reply doesn't surprise me. I've heard it all too many times until of course I've gotten the chance to show people what I'm talking about and then well, silence and awe is really the only words I can think of. I mean no disrepsect to Jason in the least bit. He's under great scrutiny and pressure trying to carry on the name. I'm not. Everyone on this board including me has said he "did very well", did his Father proud", etc. But if we can cut out the sweeping violins for a moment, no one ever said he nailed it. My friend, I nail it. I never took lessons, I just have the same feel. There's much more to all this that would go well beyond the heads and egos of most on here, but let's make a super long story super short and say I woke one day not even knowing how to play the intro to Rock and Roll and maybe 6 months later with limited ability to practice living in an apartment, I knew how to play all the songs. I've watched Black Crowe's drummer, Michael Lee AND Jason try to play the time changes in In My Time Of Dying and they come close but they don't "get it". You may think I'm being cocky but put a band or THE band in front of me and you'll see.

Maybe you or someone can help instead being all too predictably cynical. I need to find a way to record drum tracks over the Zep stuff. I know they have programs with the guitar removed but can anyone find a way to remove the drum tracks?

Right now and over the years I primitively just record my self playing over the CD's which is actually ok. Just did Physical Graffiti last week.

I would appreciate any suggestions or PM me if you actually have a connection and I'll get you your tour the way you want to see and hear it.

Go away. Ignorant fuck... :rolleyes:

I appreciate what you're saying. But I don't agree.

The fact is, when someone suffers a series of very traumatic accidents/losses, etc, the thoughts of the fans go out the window. I for one wouldn't think twice about a fan who was left disappointed, unused ticket in hand, and certainly not if my son had died. I'm sorry, but you can't compare the loss of a child and close friend to the disappointment of a fan. And any decent fan wouldn't want to be compared as such.

And I'm gonna sound very cold now. But John's loss, as shocking and as sudden as it was, was not a real loss to me. Not really. He was a loss to Pat, Jason, Zoe, et all. He was a loss to Robert, John Paul, Jimmy, Peter, etc. He was a loss to his friends and family. He was a loss to the music world in general. But not to me. Not personally. Maybe it's because I was born five years after, maybe it's because, somehow, despite all the music, they've never seemed 'real' to me. I'm sure if I'd ever have had the pleasure of seeing them, they would seem real. But they don't. And until they get back out on the road (if they do), they won't, either. I regret that I missed them, and I regret that John died, but I'd feel like a royal shit if I went into counselling complaining of a rock star's death. All the while, never considering that his friends and family, either didn't go into counselling or, worse, actually had to because of it.

Thank you, I appreciate your reply. And I don't think you sound cold.

So you know - I hardly equate missing a concert with someone either being in a terrible car accident, or, god forbid, with someone losing their young child! My point is simply that as fans we were witness to these things, and so have non-trivial reasons for caring about the next chapter.

Just so you're aware, there are people here who, for some weird reason, keep trying to aggravate me into losing my cool. They apparently know through Knebby that I've had therapy in my life, and seem to have decided to play on that theme. They also apparently still think psychological therapy is a mysterious, dark and terrible thing, instead of being no different or shameful than seeking medical attention for a broken bone or other physical ailment. I don't grasp such thinking still going on in the 21st century, but, I also didn't express myself very well, and let myself in for it.

So you know, I have had therapy for genuine reasons I hope these good people will never have to fathom, but the death of John Bonham is not one of them. I'm sad that he passed so young, and that his friends and family lost him so tragically. On a personal level, I regret that music lost so much by his death.

As far as I know, this makes me no different than thousands of other people. All I've ever said is it would make me happy to see Page, Jones and Jason Bonham playing music together. I think it would be life affirming and wonderful, a healing and positive thing.

But apparently this is the wrong place to mention that you actually care about Led Zeppelin. :rolleyes:

It's the right place. It's also a good idea to limit the use of words like always or never unless they are used in a very positive sense.

Avoid lying and exaggerating as in “You always......” or “You never......” or “I’m the only one who ever......”. Statements such as these are useless untruths and do little to enhance problem solving.

http://www.wikihow.com/Fight-Fair-in-Relationships

Just so you're aware, there are people here who, for some weird reason, keep trying to aggravate me into losing my cool. They apparently know through Knebby that I've had therapy in my life, and seem to have decided to play on that theme. They also apparently still think psychological therapy is a mysterious, dark and terrible thing, instead of being no different or shameful than seeking medical attention for a broken bone or other physical ailment. I don't grasp such thinking still going on in the 21st century, but, I also didn't express myself very well, and let myself in for it.

Completely and utterly untrue accusation, based on no evidence whatsoever and entirely without merit, but of course I wouldn't expect you to retract it since you "don't read my posts".

Yet your fail-safe accusation every time is "It's Knebby's fault" or "Its Robert's fault".You should probably talk to someone about THAT.

I have NEVER spoken with anyone about you having "Therapy" ( I didn't even remember hearing that you had), and have NO prejudice against psychological therapy whatsoever - that is in fact totally laughable. In truth, NOBODY expressed a prejudice against therapy. Why don't you stop putting words into other people's mouths for a change?

You can't handle that more than one person disagrees with you because of your actual attitude, so you decide that they are all being "led" in a gang-up against you because they have archaic attitudes towards therapy - that probably most of them didn't even realise you had had???? You have ISSUES right there.

I don't know ANYONE who tries to provoke you - the simple truth is that every now and again you come back with another tirade against Robert and expect those who disagree with you to keep quiet. When they actually respond you start with the "clique" "Robert can do no wrong" bullshit, and now, unbelievably,

"You're all picking on me 'cos I had therapy!"

Pathetic.

I think he felt like he had to be commercially successful without Led Zeppelin to prove to himself that he could. Later, when he had proved it, it wasn't so important maybe.

I think his need for attention and "fame" has waxed and waned MULTIPLE times throughout the years. He tries to cover it up, but underneath it all I think he is a pretty insecure person. Maybe that's too strong a word, but at least "restless".

I think his need for attention and "fame" has waxed and waned MULTIPLE times throughout the years. He tries to cover it up, but underneath it all I think he is a pretty insecure person. Maybe that's too strong a word, but at least "restless".

He's certainly restless. He doesn't like "comfort". He likes to be challenged.

He's certainly restless. He doesn't like "comfort". He likes to be challenged.

Knebby, I guess that recently I (and may be I am not alone) try to figure out your sig :D Especially in the light of the recent The Sun's news.... (sorry about this, it has nothing to do with this particular topic.... )

Knebby, I guess that recently I (and may be I am not alone) try to figure out your sig :D Especially in the light of the recent The Sun's news.... (sorry about this, it has nothing to do with this particular topic.... )

:) well I don't blame ya since I was putting messages in for the benefit of a certain person who kept telling me I was full of s**t. But today's sig is just pretty much what we all think about Jimmy playing again. No hidden meanings here! :beer:

Let's face it good people, Robert, when or if offered an ultimatum of re-joining Zeppelin, will no doubt turn it down - whatever the offer, he's done.

It's over with , complete, as far as Robert is concerned. He had his time with the Band, loved and lived it, but new days and a new horizon is in sight for him.

The good ship is sailing and not with the old crew.

Wave goodbye and wish him the best. It's high time Jimmy and the boys did the same.

As if you know something.....

Your opinion is all it is.....

Excuse me while I go back to the facts.....

Robert has not agred to r-enter Zeppelin, as of, yesterday.....

But, there is always, to day, and tomorrow.

Now.... everyone else that wants to, can live in speculation land.....

Just for the Fun of it, or the HELL of it.

What an adorable statement. Thank you and congrats on all the things you do so well from 9-5.

Actually ,yes it is. Your reply doesn't surprise me. I've heard it all too many times until of course I've gotten the chance to show people what I'm talking about and then well, silence and awe is really the only words I can think of. I mean no disrepsect to Jason in the least bit. He's under great scrutiny and pressure trying to carry on the name. I'm not. Everyone on this board including me has said he "did very well", did his Father proud", etc. But if we can cut out the sweeping violins for a moment, no one ever said he nailed it. My friend, I nail it. I never took lessons, I just have the same feel. There's much more to all this that would go well beyond the heads and egos of most on here, but let's make a super long story super short and say I woke one day not even knowing how to play the intro to Rock and Roll and maybe 6 months later with limited ability to practice living in an apartment, I knew how to play all the songs. I've watched Black Crowe's drummer, Michael Lee AND Jason try to play the time changes in In My Time Of Dying and they come close but they don't "get it". You may think I'm being cocky but put a band or THE band in front of me and you'll see.

Maybe you or someone can help instead being all too predictably cynical. I need to find a way to record drum tracks over the Zep stuff. I know they have programs with the guitar removed but can anyone find a way to remove the drum tracks?

Right now and over the years I primitively just record my self playing over the CD's which is actually ok. Just did Physical Graffiti last week.

I would appreciate any suggestions or PM me if you actually have a connection and I'll get you your tour the way you want to see and hear it.

Sooooo, the message here is thus: You "get it" and Jason doesn't. In spite of Jimmy deeming Jason worthy of playing drums for Zep in one of their biggest gigs ever, YOU would have gotten that gig if you had the "connections".

Next.

I don't agree with the opinion that he felt he was a drug addict and needed to find himself in that respect. It was more along the lines that being a rock star didn't really matter in the scheme of real life.

I can't find the quote I am looking for which refers to Robert stalking round his farm with a shotgun, paranoid and convinced there are journalists round every corner, but here is one about how he felt about his drug use at the time of Karac's death, from rolling stone Aug 10, I think it was last year.

"Addiction to powders was the worst way to see yourself, a waste of your time and everyone's time, you make excuses to yourself why things aren't right or about what's happening to your potential. You lie to yourself first and rub your nose later. It was time to get out."

No arrogance from you the 'Mr Nail It' :blink:

Thank you, I appreciate your reply. And I don't think you sound cold.

So you know - I hardly equate missing a concert with someone either being in a terrible car accident, or, god forbid, with someone losing their young child! My point is simply that as fans we were witness to these things, and so have non-trivial reasons for caring about the next chapter.

So you know, I have had therapy for genuine reasons I hope these good people will never have to fathom, but the death of John Bonham is not one of them. I'm sad that he passed so young, and that his friends and family lost him so tragically. On a personal level, I regret that music lost so much by his death.

As far as I know, this makes me no different than thousands of other people. All I've ever said is it would make me happy to see Page, Jones and Jason Bonham playing music together. I think it would be life affirming and wonderful, a healing and positive thing.

But apparently this is the wrong place to mention that you actually care about Led Zeppelin. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry I can't let you get away with your accusation that somehow knebby told me or anyone else that you had therapy.

Here's your very own statement that you had therapy so you were the one who told everyone here that you had therapy.

"Do you want me to list the tragedies and difficulties in my personal life too in order to prove I have a clue? My personal misfortunes start at the age of four; trust me, that is a diffucult age to learn to cope with trauma, and yes my therapist helped me a lot with that sticky wicket, may god bless her. My parents have been dead for over 20 years now, my grandparents for over 40. You have my sympathy in your loss"

But true to form you play the poor victim. You shoot at others and then when they shoot back you play the victim. It's such a common theme with you. Like your Plant bashing its worn very thin and I am sure others can see through it.

I love the final comment you make above

But apparently this is the wrong place to mention that you actually care about Led Zeppelin. :rolleyes

Every person here cares about led zeppelin and their music its a led zeppelin site you fool thats why we are here. No ugly sarcasm in that statement, just fact. Everyone here wants some more led zeppelin, don't hog the limelight.

I have cared since 1969 for petes sake, you think you are the only one. Again its the victim in you coming out, it's so transparent.

You can blame others as much as you like but until you accept responsibility for you deliberate attempts to provoke, wind up and piss people off don't come the innocent when people much more able than you come back right at you.

Time to stop being the 4 year old child sunchild, grow up and become sunadult.

Just a suggestion.

Archived