Time to move on...

nirvana

She was referring to the fact that she and I had a misunderstanding about the sense in which she was using the word "closure," and had a debate on the subject--all sorted now, and friendly relations established--I hope!

Yes, friendly relations established...it was never an issue.

Oh, "she" is a "he", btw. At least he was the last time he...errr, looked. :D

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨

¨°º¤ø„¸ LED ZEPPELIN „ø¤º°¨

¸„ø¤º°¨ ROCKS!! ``°º¤ø„¸

¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø

B)

OK, this thread has run out of steam. Time to wait for more real news to surface on the matter.

I just want to say that any notions of Knebby telling anybody anything whatsoever about any member here whatsoever having had therapy are total b.s. (how would she know? why would she care? why would she tell anybody else?)--and the fact they imagine she would think there was anything wrong with having had therapy is even more b.s.

I was the one who raised this topic, and I raised it in the context that it's important to have a sense of proportion. I had been accused of undervaluing the feelings of others with regard to Zeppelin's failure to reunite--an accusation I resent as undervaluing my own feelings about the band, btw--and I was making the point that in the context of our lives as a whole, some things are necessarily more important than others. Somebody had earlier expressed a need to feel "closure" about the band, so picking up on this idea, I said that some things in life are serious enough to warrant having professional treatment, such as psychological therapy. Which I've had myself, when the stress of grad school and an abusive boyfriend proved too much. Some things in life, such as the activities of a rock band, and even the death of one of them (for whom we all felt great affection, but still a remote celebrity to most of us), do not merit such treatment, and anybody who thinks they do needs to get a grip, because such an outlook on life simply trivializes the other aspects of our lives. (This is not a reference to the person who mentioned "closure," because we established that we had misunderstood each other.)

That is what I was saying, and everybody who read it with an open mind read it as such. There are no attempts to goad or provoke anybody.

Please answer me one question - who said anything about seeking therapy in relation to Led Zeppelin?

Fact is, my first response to you was literally "Who said anything about therapy?"

You blew right past that, and there followed several rather personal and ugly posts (and one kind of sweet one) from people (not you) trying to explain why it's crazy for someone to seek therapy about something like the history of a rock band...

In this very post, you're still making out like people are taking things as seriously as a death in their own family or some other personal trauma, and perhaps looking for therapy to get over it. Where is that idea coming from? (<--- that is not a rhetorical question.)

Wishing closure and a happy ending for Zeppelin are not psychological aberrations, nor do such feelings call for therapy. (See, we actually agree.) But that does not mean art or music is as shallow as wallpaper, either.

Can't afford it; never could, in fact. I guess I hallucinated ledded1's posts as part of an acid flashback, huh?

(Paranoia is simply perfect awareness...)

No it was definitely a real post. :blink:

Perhaps you had too much acid in the past cos its certainly affected your clarity of thinking these days.

I notice you have avoided the issue that you were the one who said you'd had therapy and no one else had actually said so.

So follow the title of the the thread cos it's "Time to move on"

Your records still stuck <_<

Archived