Robert/Alison St. Louis, MO Show 9/24/08

Led Zep Gurl

Well, the awaiting day is rolling around. I was pretty excited about this show back in June when it was originally scheduled only to find out 5 days before the show it was cancelled and rescheduled! I was pretty bummed out about that. I am excited for the show but not as much as I was earlier in the year for some strange reason. I am sure it will be a great show and I will enjoy it! Haven't decided if I will try to bring my camera in with me or not. I don't know what kind of pics I would get anyways from where my seats are at.

I am dreading the drive into St. Louis-I hate driving in St. Louis :o . Chicago-I don't mind at all but St. Louis drives me nuts!

Will post on Thursday how the show was.

Well, the awaiting day is rolling around. I was pretty excited about this show back in June when it was originally scheduled only to find out 5 days before the show it was cancelled and rescheduled! I was pretty bummed out about that. I am excited for the show but not as much as I was earlier in the year for some strange reason. I am sure it will be a great show and I will enjoy it! Haven't decided if I will try to bring my camera in with me or not. I don't know what kind of pics I would get anyways from where my seats are at.

I am dreading the drive into St. Louis-I hate driving in St. Louis :o . Chicago-I don't mind at all but St. Louis drives me nuts!

i can't make it, zep gurl, so have a great time and write a thorough review if you feel like it. where are you driving from?

Let us know if the arena is half full Gurl? Seems like this tour is about two to three months to long IMO. Played out? :blink:

Let us know if the arena is half full Gurl? Seems like this tour is about two to three months to long IMO. Played out? :blink:

Huh? :huh: I don't think so. I will say that I don't understand why they book them in these large venues though. I think this is more of a smaller audience type of show IMO. Anyways whomever is luck enough to go, enjoy the show and give us a review!

Huh? :huh: I don't think so. I will say that I don't understand why they book them in these large venues though. I think this is more of a smaller audience type of show IMO. Anyways whomever is luck enough to go, enjoy the show and give us a review!

this show is at the fabulous fox, one of the best venues in the midwest. 4500 seats-perfect for this show....

here's the lobby:pic_for_tours.jpg

Not a bad seat in the house You should of emailed me to get my number I 'll be goin I could get you maybe alittle closer or buy ya a drink lookin forward to the show it's a beautiful theater intimate and sound is good. Drop me a line girly if ya check your mail . by -the- way >><GoneFishing< female as well and not usually inclined to jump on the pink team :D

i can't make it, zep gurl, so have a great time and write a thorough review if you feel like it. where are you driving from?

I am driving from Central IL so it isn't that long of a drive about 1 1/2 hours or 95 miles but I just hate driving in St. Louis! I don't mind driving in Chicago but something about St. Louis drives me nuts! LOL!

Well there is construction on hwy 40 so be careful make sure you check detours ahead of time and yeah I agree not pretty drivin , Great river road is worth a look on way back if able Grafton Illinois has best view and feel in this area in this area just watch out for the Piasa lol Piasa BirdPiasa

Sharon Little is opening oooohhh weeee she rocks ;)

Whoever is going to the show tonight, or any other of the remaining shows between now and next Friday Oct 03, please listen carefully for the final comments from Plant and AK at the end of the show. And please let us know what they are.

If Plant says "thanks we'll see you again soon", that's it I am throwing in the towel on any chance he teams up with Pages, Jones and Jason next month. If he says "Thanks for coming, take care", then there is a God!

Either way, please let us know.

Cheers,

Whoever is going to the show tonight, or any other of the remaining shows between now and next Friday Oct 03, please listen carefully for the final comments from Plant and AK at the end of the show. And please let us know what they are.

If Plant says "thanks we'll see you again soon", that's it I am throwing in the towel on any chance he teams up with Pages, Jones and Jason next month. If he says "Thanks for coming, take care", then there is a God!

Either way, please let us know.

Cheers,

Robert has been saying "thanks we'll see you again soon" at the end of his concerts for years. I think it's just his parting words. Wouldn't read too into it.

If Plant says "thanks we'll see you again soon", that's it I am throwing in the towel on any chance he teams up with Pages, Jones and Jason next month.

Robert Plant told the audience at the Los Angeles Forum that he would be back soon. A few years later there he was, fulfilling his promise. His idea of soon is relative to all the interesting things that he finds to do along the way. Nothing new there. He was like that when he toured with Led Zeppelin.

Hello all,

I was there last night-my 3 friends and I were VERY lucky and ended up getting 5th row tickets. Before my "review" though, I have to share an experience that still has me shaking:)) We ended up going to the hotel the entourage was in. Post concert we went back for drinks and my all time dream came true, I met Robert! My girlfriends and I got a hug, and one girl got a photo with him(not me, darn it!) He was delightful and charming, and we also met T-Bone Burnett, who asked us what we thought of the concert. I thought I had died and gone to heaven! The most surreal part though was the following-Robert was telling us we should come to their next stop, which is in OK and is apparently a benefit for the hurricane victims in TX. I asked which day it was, and he said "what day is today" I replied "Weds, 9/24, but since it is 1am, I guess it is Thursday!:)) The next thing out of his mouth was "Today is the day John Bonham died." My friends and I said yes, we cannot believe it still that it happened, even 28 years after. I will remember Robert Plant saying those words for the rest of my life. I still cannot believe it happened and I will replay that moment, albeit such a sad subject, forever. What a poignant moment it was!!! I just had to share it-and I will never forget it!

Onto the concert, I really had mixed feelings-LOVED Robert, loved Allison's voice, but thought she was quite stiff and just did not have much of a stage presence. The music is quite incredible-I WOULD see them again but if there anything that would make the concert better it would be in my humble opinion a partner who moves, who has charisma, etc. who can mirror RP in that respect. The crowd was interesting-you could tell who was mainly there for RP and who was mainly there for AK. People around us were getting up and dancing and were being met with "sit down, don't talk, etc." even when the tempos were upbeat. Those were the old LZ/RP fans, many of whom had come from different places to see the concert!

Have to say my favorite part of the night was meeting the man-and darn wish it was me who got their photo taken with him and not my girlfriend!hahaha She would beg to differ-

Hi Melissa,

Glad you and your friends got to attend the concert last night and met Robert.

Can you see if you can get the photo of your friend with Robert? It'd be cool to see it (and I'm sure others wouldn't mind it either). ;)

Thanks for sharing your experience. :)

R B)

Ah Knebby! They seemed delightful!!! Everyone with him were so gracious and nice. We were absolutely tickled pink to have the opportunity to meet Robert and I felt like I was a high school kid again, I think my hands were shaking all the way out of the building! When he spoke of John I think I felt the earth move-it was just incredible.

It is quite difficult to work today, I cannot focus!:))

Archived