Robert/Alison St. Louis, MO Show 9/24/08

Led Zep Gurl

I don't know about the tension, but I did read in the comments a poster left saying that someone yelled some obscenities at Alison to get off the stage in St Louis. :thumbdown:

Yes, I read that too. That was from the St. Louis Post review in the comments.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/entertain...C7?OpenDocument

I don't recall hearing that but if they did that was horrible. The audience seemed to enjoy all the songs be it Alison singing or Robert singing, at least where I was sitting I really couldn't tell if people were more there for Robert or Alison or both. At one point it was so quiet you could hear a pin drop I thought! Everyone stayed seated during the show in my section except during calling for an encore. I was surprised more people didn't realize in advance when they were starting to do Black Dog or In the Mood or some others they had reworked. I could tell right away when they were going into one of those songs. Maybe I have watched too many Youtube videos of them so that is how I knew! :D

:lol: (Have you noticed the smilie stopped laughing? :( Who can blame him?)

Maybe he needs a poke in the ribs! Or maybe it's not that funny!

I bet we can laugh for him though :D

Edited to add:

Cool pics and great review beatbo.

The pics are reminiscent of our trip to Asheville. B)

I don't know about the tension, but I did read in the comments a poster left saying that someone yelled some obscenities at Alison to get off the stage in St Louis. :thumbdown:

Alison is much more relaxed onstage with Union Station, as she has been playing with that group for years. And she is the clear cut "leader" in stage presence and persona with Union Station. It was fun to watch her become more comfortable performing with Robert and TBone as the tour progressed. There was a huge difference in her onstage demeanor from opening night in Louisville to the final show of the summer dates in Nashville. Of course she needed time to adjust to the Zeppelin fans screaming out requests for Stairway, she sort of froze when that happened in Louisville. (Plant laughed it off). If I were Alison I would have sang Stairway unaccompanied by instruments (like Down to the River to Pray) just to stun the crowd. Because believe me, if Alison decided to sing Stairway she could. I do not think there is anything out there, opera or anything else, that she would not be able to sing. Not to take anything away from Robert, but Alison is as highly respected as a vocalist in her genre as he is in his genre.

Edited to add:

I think i have a pic of you guys in the front row from the paper in Ashe. I'll try to find it.

Alison is much more relaxed onstage with Union Station, as she has been playing with that group for years. And she is the clear cut "leader" in stage presence and persona with Union Station. It was fun to watch her become more comfortable performing with Robert and TBone as the tour progressed. There was a huge difference in her onstage demeanor from opening night in Louisville to the final show of the summer dates in Nashville. Of course she needed time to adjust to the Zeppelin fans screaming out requests for Stairway, she sort of froze when that happened in Louisville. (Plant laughed it off). If I were Alison I would have sang Stairway unaccompanied by instruments (like Down to the River to Pray) just to stun the crowd. Because believe me, if Alison decided to sing Stairway she could. I do not think there is anything out there, opera or anything else, that she would not be able to sing. Not to take anything away from Robert, but Alison is as highly respected as a vocalist in her genre as he is in his genre.

Agreed 100%!! She can sing the phonebook and make it sound exquisite! B)

Edited to add:

2pzjhup.jpg

Is this you like fifth from the right?

I recall the chick on the end from a Buddy Guy show I saw at the Peel there.

• 2 weeks later...
2pzjhup.jpg

Is this you like fifth from the right?

I recall the chick on the end from a Buddy Guy show I saw at the Peel there.

No it's not me but I remember that chick.

We were in the second row probably where the pic was taken.We could see her very well.We were on the end closest to center stage!!I believe we made some comments about her.Not bad,just catty B)

Archived