Robert Plant at 15 ! original photo

dogsbollocks

I checked ebay out again....sure is a bigger pic...

I didn't believe it the first time I counted from ebay's post so looked elsewhere.

I thought nah. That kid is way too young.

I'm a little skeptical but for that smile. Boy did he look like 12! With a nice smile :):)

He sure grew fast from 15 to 18!

Edited by Robert's Plant

Nice to see Robert at 15 but is this common practice to auction off school photos? Do people make money off this? :huh: If that's the case I have a lot of scanning to do.....and to think that all these years my pals & I have been exchanging them for free.

And no, I didn't go to school with Plant or Page. :D That opera singer who is winning America's Got Talent has put my hometown on the map though.

Nice to see Robert at 15 but is this common practice to auction off school photos? Do people make money off this? :huh: If that's the case I have a lot of scanning to do.....and to think that all these years my pals & I have been exchanging them for free.

And no, I didn't go to school with Plant or Page. :D That opera singer who is winning America's Got Talent has put my hometown on the map though.

The person selling it says they had no idea who was in the picture, and sometimes people are genuinely interested in history and sell/buy stuff like this. But given the circumstances involving Zeppelin right now, I'd say it's more than a coincedence.

The person selling it says they had no idea who was in the picture, and sometimes people are genuinely interested in history and sell/buy stuff like this. But given the circumstances involving Zeppelin right now, I'd say it's more than a coincedence.

Uh-huh, I know what you mean.

I think it works both ways. Person selling this pic is obviously not a big fan of Robert Plant or they'd have kept it. But someone out there must be a big fan enough to buy these things. So they just might make someone out there very happy. And likely rich give or take a few decades. Let's face it, Led Zep is going to be the the Beethovens, Cezannes of our time. Many many years from now.

I have a couple of these long, thin school photos of my own (although I don't think there's anyone famous on them!). I think mine are rolled up in the attic with an elastic band around them - I must dig them out some day. They were quite common as school photos in England during the '60s, '70s and possibly '80s as well.

Does anyone know if these photos were unique to England/Britain, or are they quite common elsewhere?

I have a couple of these long, thin school photos of my own (although I don't think there's anyone famous on them!). I think mine are rolled up in the attic with an elastic band around them - I must dig them out some day. They were quite common as school photos in England during the '60s, '70s and possibly '80s as well.

Does anyone know if these photos were unique to England/Britain, or are they quite common elsewhere?

I've got a bunch of those, too.

Do you remember how the camera took so long to pan from one side to the other that somebody would always run around the back so they could appear on both ends of the pic? :lol: (Who, me? <_< )

I've got a bunch of those, too.

Do you remember how the camera took so long to pan from one side to the other that somebody would always run around the back so they could appear on both ends of the pic? :lol: (Who, me? <_< )

Ha ha ha! Yes, I'd forgotten about that - we had some jokers who did that ... wow, this is bringing back memories! :D

We had them as well, in the '90's and '00's. I'm not sure whether you had the whole school done, but for us, it was just our year. I don't think we would've had had enough room for the entire school. Though, I remember my primary school did have the whole school picture taken.

Just a little bigger, a bit fuzzier.

2883yf9.jpg

What a cutie! I can imagine being in that school and walking into chem class and the teacher introduces you to your lab partner, "Robert Plant". Who could stay focused with the future Golden God in class? Probably a good thing that it was an all boys school.

• 1 month later...