Kevin Shirley Concerned About New Singer Rumors

mstork

This is from the Caveman's blog:

_____________TuesdaySeptember23rd2008Malibu, CA

Weird things happen.

Heard a very troubling rumour - there is a singer from a Florida heavy metal band who is pretty close to becoming My-Fave-Band-Ever's singer. As the old one has a separate happening career. I have to admit to shock, shock, shock.

The weird thing is I hadn't heard about this until Journey's new singer, Arnel, called yesterday and told me.

I don't know what to think.

I still can't piece together who this person is but this does not sound encouraging. It bothers me not one bit when Jimmy does a one shot deal with a P Diddy, etc., it's all in fun. But I hope Jimmy, Jonesy, and Jason don't get in bed with someone blatantly cheesy, regardless of whether the band has a new name...

Caveman's Diary

I'm suggesting Huey Lewis but it may be too late. So long as they perform Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush, as they did in San Francisco 1969, I'm fine with their choice.

Actually if they get Billy Joel it would save Jonesy from pulling double duty on bass and keys! I can't wait to hear some theramin on "Uptown Girl"...

I'm suggesting Huey Lewis but it may be too late. So long as they perform Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush, as they did in San Francisco 1969, I'm fine with their choice.

Well Steve,you've got sources most of us only wish we had.This is the very first I've heard Huey Lewis mentioned.

But on another site,I did see something about the first encore having something to do with a bush.Though,I didn't take it to be the mulberry bush.

Huey Lewis...Not exactly Zeppelinesq...But the man has a unique voice IMO. They could do worse.

QUOTE _____________TuesdaySeptember23rd2008Malibu, CA

Weird things happen.

Heard a very troubling rumour - there is a singer from a Florida heavy metal band who is pretty close to becoming My-Fave-Band-Ever's singer. As the old one has a separate happening career. I have to admit to shock, shock, shock.

The weird thing is I hadn't heard about this until Journey's new singer, Arnel, called yesterday and told me.

Isn't Florida the death metal capital of the world? I hope this guy doesn't growl "Stairway To Heaven". :unsure:

I once started a rant on this topic long ago when rumors first began about the studio jams and the three musicians going into the studio. On another site albeit.

So, here's the rant , and it's only meant in the good spirit of discussion.

With all the fuss being made about so many other celebs all the time and the constant paparazzi following , how is it possible for members of Led Zeppelin to slide in and out of well known studios , with a new singer , in such obscurity.

How does that happen ??

New singer in LZ and not one picture , eye witness or story .

Something is missing here .

They ( media ) know the studios , they know where people travel from , they know more as well so how can no information get out.

I can't stand speculation. I'm factual . I refuse to come on lz.com and make jokes about my favorite band of all time. It amazes me that this gets taken so out of context.

If we have to know all the time where Britney Spears is , why can't we simply find out who's walking in and out of a studio with Zepp.

Oh My Jeesus .

I know of at least one eye witness who saw them at the studios in Putney.

Zeppelin really AREN'T followed byPaparazzi in the UK.

And as I said - people are loyal and keep their secrets.

That's fine and thanks for tackling my question. Cool.

BUT , if they're being seen then who are " they ".

With umpteen threads already related to this topic, and too many speculators, I would like to read some infromation that is real.

Sorry, but people being secretive is one thing , hiding a new singer for the biggest and most awaited reunion of all time is another.

Notice I never throw my opinion on this one too, I'm not into Rob this and Rob that .

Facts baby, facts.

Isn't Fred Durst from Florida? :D

Uh, I don't know if he is or not but Shirley mentions a heavy metal band. I don't think Lame Biscuit was metal. Then again I only heard one song, well the beginning of it anyway then I turned it off. Was "just one of those days".

Kids, it's Robert Plant. The J's are not going to pick up some cheap impersonator or cater to the young audience and go out and be a Led Zeppelin cover band. Get The Led Out has that covered already.

IF there is a new singer, there has to be new material for even JP and JPJ to be interested so there needs to be some writing going on. I think tapes/demos are being sent to Robert and he's writing during the Soggy Bottom Boys(and girl) tour hiatus and in between shows as time allows. Remember in '88 Plant was enjoying a gigantic "comeback" and wrote The Only One long distance with Jimmy sending tapes to him? I believe the same was true with Jimmy laying down Tracks for Heaven Knows and Tall Cool One. Both were quite busy but found the time to compose long distance. Nowdays it's even easier with today's technology. JP recorded the guitar track for P. Titty's "Come Wif Me" live while he was in England and Titty was in the US.

Knebby? Mr. Steve"two slacks" Jones? How far off the mark do you think I am here? A PM will be fine if "secrets" need to be kept.

Weird things happen.

Caveman's Diary

:rolleyes:

You know, somebody should inform Kevin Shirley to use the OFFICIAL LED ZEPPELIN FORUM to INFORM US on what's happening! We can be trusted, right? Maybe even give those dropping ambiguous hints a break. C'mon Kev, sign up today!

Weird things happen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why is he so troubled? Maybe Mr. Shirley will get more work from this upcoming project. Unless there's been some falling out between him and Jimmy. A shock to me would be for the Zeppelin guys not to pursue their own musical interests . Why can't they play the music they created and loved alongside new material they've composed. It would be far more than a tribute band. No one said that of the Page/Plant configuration.

The singer isn't in a metal band... He's in one of the most generic hard rock bands, I have ever heard. He replaced the most hated(esp. by Pearl Jam fans) lead singer of all time.

The guy has a pretty good range, and is easily the high point in his new band(the guitar player is devoid of taste), but the bluesier numbers by Zeppelin are gonna suffer a little, along with anything that requires a bit of subtlety, with this guy singin.

The singer isn't in a metal band... He's in one of the most generic hard rock bands, I have ever heard. He replaced the most hated(esp. by Pearl Jam fans) lead singer of all time.

The guy has a pretty good range, and is easily the high point in his new band(the guitar player is devoid of taste), but the bluesier numbers by Zeppelin are gonna suffer a little, along with anything that requires a bit of subtlety, with this guy singin.

So are you saying it's the guy from Creed who replaced Scott Stapp? I have never even heard or seen him...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPNnBisii1M

I join Mr. Shirley in his concern. However, Pagey is a musical genius - maybe he hears something in this feller that he can work with.

I hope Ann Wilson is waiting in the wings though, just in case she's needed. Or Logan Plant! That kid can sing his tail end off, and he looks great too.

So are you saying it's the guy from Creed who replaced Scott Stapp? I have never even heard or seen him...

Okay, I'm replying to my own thread becasue I didn't realize that Myles Kennedy "replaced" Scott Stapp. I didn't realize that Alter Bridge was an offshoot of Creed.

I'll have to give him a listen and report back...

Archived