Kevin Shirley Concerned About New Singer Rumors

mstork

Myles Kennedy...saw him sing "Rock and Roll" on youtube. Hits the notes effortlessly but he's kinda bland in terms of his vocals...i.e. not much character. Reminds me of the singer that Jason Bonham brought to his band when he did the all Zep cover album "In the Name of the Father" - Bonham's singer was just screaming all over the place. No feel. The best Zep cover singer was Jack Russell from Great White. He's pushing 50 but he's the only singer I've heard that can mimic Plant's different album periods...check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhcAS2-tBb8

Robert's decision was an absolute "no-brainer" on his part. He is an artist with integrity, one of the very few left amongst us.

We are the ones with the "Zep issues" - not Robert. Never has been.

To the "Sun" rag newspaper - "You're dispicable and a disgrace. So many hopes were raised on your miserable existance as a rag....lying for money grabbing headlines. Lie with sewer rats now you bastards."

Hello ??? you guys are living under a rock.. The American singer is "Steven Tyler" & that is who they have been rehearsing w/over the last week & that is who they are set to take out with them if Robert doesn't commit..

N-N-N-Nobody's Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga Gow Gow GAGAGAGAGAGA GOW fault but mine.

Jimmy Page, lead guitar

Joe Perry, rhythm guitar, six string bass

Steven Tyler, lead vocal

John Paul Jones, bass, keyboards

Jason Bonham, drums, backing vocals

Can you feel it?

that would be a Supergroup.

What would you call it? Savage Animal? :D

... Led Aeroplane???

... or the Boston Tea Party???

R B)

^That would be awesome, but I expect we'd have a better chance of Robert's working with the guys than EC!

Me, I'm for Steve Tyler (and yes, I know this is just a goofy joke rumor). He's def. got the funky thang down and at the very least I wouldn't have to cringe over the singer (not Myles, Jimmy, pleeeeeaasse!!!!!!!!!!).

• 3 weeks later...
Randy Jackson can sing the whole Zep catalouge no problem, and rips on the guitar and plays keys also. Very talented dude. He would be my first choice. B)

I have seen Zebra play quite a few times. I was always impressed with Randy Jackson's ability to do the Zep stuff. For me, though, I really want someone who can bring something to the guys that isn't just a rehasing of the old material. I'm not saying that Randy can't do this, but maybe Myles might be better in that regard.

I think this whole discussion, while thought-provoking, is relatively useless as it appears that reliable sources have named Myles as the singer who was rehearsing with the guys. Now, if anything else comes from that... I suppose that decision will be revealed in the form of an official announcement at some point in the (hopefully not so distant) future.

I can just see Steven Tyler swinging around the mic stand and dancing around like he did at the RRHOF. :lol:

It wont be him though. Aerosmith is working on a new album and will be touring the states around April. So I've heard.

Randy Jackson can sing the whole Zep catalouge no problem, and rips on the guitar and plays keys also. Very talented dude. He would be my first choice. B)

Do we really want someone to sound exactly or extremely close to Robert? I don't. I want someone who can jel with Jimmy, Jonesy and Jason and has his own identity, but who can also handle the Zeppelin songs as well. :D

Archived