R.I.P Bonzo

Reggie29

The drums will shake the castle wall

I just had a spooky moment. I have been reading all through the posts in this thread, whilst listening to Jason and Deborah's version of The Battle of Evermore and I got to yours bodhran just as Jason sang that line....wow...that was so freaky. :o

Can I also add while I'm here, in an earlier post in this thread I said that Pat, Jason and Zoe were in my thoughts. I'm embarrassed to say I failed to put "and the rest of the Bonham family" . I must of been distracted. It's too late to edit it so I want to make amends in this post. :blush:

I just had a spooky moment. I have been reading all through the posts in this thread, whilst listening to Jason and Deborah's version of The Battle of Evermore and I got to yours bodhran just as Jason sang that line....wow...that was so freaky. :o

I had a similar experience, was listening to a live version of -plant/enchanter and was reading this thread, not thinking of anything....and the end of the song with the section of -free....that got me.

God bless -john bonham, will listen to -bonzos montreux tonight.

John (Bonzo) Bonham, the greatest rock drummer who ever lived.

JPcloseupscanII.jpg

May 31, 1948 – September 25, 1980

The darkest day in rock….

Dear John,

Beyond the amazing music that you created, I have never forgotten how you made us laugh, the smiles you gave us, or the kindness you showed us. Thank you for everything Bonzo. I will remember you for the rest of my life. May you rest in peace and may God bless you and your beautiful family.

With deepest love and appreciation,

One of the "Jimmy's-side-of-the-stage girls" from "The Ocean"

Thank you so much for this picture MSG.

Peace to John and his family. No one was ever better.

Zoe_Zeppelin,that is a Rockin' tribute,well done !!.

Thanks! :) I also made this Bonzo anniversary avvie but the animations didn't want to work.

bonzo_rip-01.jpg

In tribute to John Bonham I spent today watching the Zep Live dvd & TSRTS, calling up all the rock radio stations out here requesting Bonzo's Montreux and TSRTS version of Moby Dick, and blasting Zeppelin in every room of the house. Zeptember RULES! Everyday is Zeptember at my house! LOL! :D

How has everyone else been remembering Bonzo today? :)

A sad day in history :(

Other notables who died on this day:

Miller Huggins (1929) former Yankees mgr

Ring Lardner (1933) sportswriter

Emily Post (1960) etiquette diva

Erich Maria Remarque (1970) author

Walter Pidgeon (1984) actor

Mary Astor (1987) actor

Billy Carter (1988) former First brother

Klaus Barbie (1991) Nazi punk & war criminal

George Plimpton (2003) writer and actor

Don Adams (2005) actor - "would you believe?"