Reviews from Raising Sand Fall Tour

Kentuckygirl

I just found this video on youtube from last nights gig:

Love the flash Robert does at .37 on this flick. I think they must have been having problems with the curtain behind them or something.

Looks like they both are having a good ole time on stage. They weren't this animated at the St. Louis, MO gig last week like this at all.

Robert was definitely having a good time that night. More so than even in Seattle. Maybe it was the beer :lol: It is quite potent!

There was a problem with the curtain. One part was stuck, and for some reason, Robert found it very amusing :D

Good beer I'm telling ya.... :burp:

Robert was definitely having a good time that night. More so than even in Seattle. Maybe it was the beer :lol: It is quite potent!

There was a problem with the curtain. One part was stuck, and for some reason, Robert found it very amusing :D

Good beer I'm telling ya.... :burp:

What kind ? :D

Are you perhaps missing the writer's sarcasm? Or am I missing your sarcasm?

I think you are giving the writer more credit than deserved. But an email will clear things up.

I may be. But it seems pretty clear that he's disgusted by RP's decision, by the use of the phrase "take a hike" with regard to RP's attitude to an LZ tour.

Ok, we have the answer. Now we can both be happy, kinda.

Shay Quillen says:

October 5th, 2008 at 10:25 am

MrZoSo — I wasn’t aiming to be sarcastic. Seems like Plant is really stimulated by working with these guys and learning new things and wants to keep pursuing it. And Miller is a fantastic guitarist who works really well with him. Have you seen the band live? You agree?

Well, you were correct, MrZoSo, and I retract my disparagement of your sarcasm-o-meter. :D Glad to hear Buddy Miller wasn't on the wrong end of a false comparison.

Quillen's not the best writer in the world if we understood him in such radically different ways, though. :lol: (<---- laugh, damn you, laugh!)

Well, you were correct, MrZoSo, and I retract my disparagement of your sarcasm-o-meter. :D Glad to hear Buddy Miller wasn't on the wrong end of a false comparison.

Quillen's not the best writer in the world if we understood him in such radically different ways, though. :lol: (<---- laugh, damn you, laugh!)

Aqua: I had the same interpretation you did and I was livid. Happy to have it clarified. Buddy is an outstanding musician and he and his wife are great people that are well-respected as human beings as well as musicians.

Archived