Today's Sun: Led Yep, Robert's in for the reunion....

DanelectroGod

Hope it's true although I thought it was strange with this story coming out with Robert on tour with Alison til 5th October. He'll be besieged by the media over the next week if this happens to be true. I wouldn't think he'd want to deal with this kind of thing given the situation. Focuses his comments about his and Alison's project and not other things. No direct quotes from Robert or anyone else in the band yet. Just says a source close to the band. And the story did originate in The Sun who aren't exactly a reliable source of factual information.

I do remember those "sources close to the band", was how the original O2 show rumors started and eventually came to light. Having history repeat itself would be a beautiful thing in this case.

I wouldn't think he'd want to deal with this kind of thing given the situation. Focuses his comments about his and Alison's project and not other things. No direct quotes from Robert or anyone else in the band yet. Just says a source close to the band. And the story did originate in The Sun who aren't exactly a reliable source of factual information.

I do remember those "sources close to the band", was how the original O2 show rumors started and eventually came to light. Having history repeat itself would be a beautiful thing in this case.

Dave, I think that will be the best that could come out of this. If its rubbish, Robert will have to say so, just to stop the madness that will occur. Maybe a BS story will flush the real truth out.

I wouldn't think he'd want to deal with this kind of thing given the situation. Focuses his comments about his and Alison's project and not other things. No direct quotes from Robert or anyone else in the band yet. Just says a source close to the band. And the story did originate in The Sun who aren't exactly a reliable source of factual information.

Dave, I think that will be the best that could come out of this. If its rubbish, Robert will have to say so, just to stop the madness that will occur. Maybe a BS story will flush the real truth out.

Danelectrogod,

You have a valid point. Than he'd might say if he will be involved or not with the three J's on their project. Although, I don't think he'd make any comment about this until after their tour ends next week. Until than he'll just deflect those kind of questions which he does so eloquently.

Hope it's true although I thought it was strange with this story coming out with Robert on tour with Alison til 5th October. He'll be besieged by the media over the next week if this happens to be true. I wouldn't think he'd want to deal with this kind of thing given the situation. Focuses his comments about his and Alison's project and not other things. No direct quotes from Robert or anyone else in the band yet. Just says a source close to the band. And the story did originate in The Sun who aren't exactly a reliable source of factual information.

I know that if this story is true, Robert Plant did not authorize any leak or announcement. He is working with some of the best (and underappreciated) musicians that Nashville has to offer, and I realize that some on this board do not appreciate Americana/Bluegrass talent. And I have no issue with anyone's musical preferences. But I do think these musicians that have supported Robert and Alison deserve one more week of respect. If someone officially connected to the other three members leaked this story to the media, I am disappointed. It could have waited another week. The rumors were flying at the Americana afterparty(s) that plans for Raising Sand Part 2 had been placed on "hold", due to RP scheduling issues, however everyone had the decency to NOT ASK any of the musicians directly and focus on the present. I guess it is southern manners, but it never even entered my brain to ask RP about LZ. I hope the remaining dates of the RPAK tour are not too chaotic for the musicians involved.

Even if it's all BS and nothing happens, it has to be flattering that the demand is still so high after all these years. It would be great, but would also be a joke seeing all the media hype around it.

One thing for sure, the recording industry could really benefit if new material is forthcoming

I know that if this story is true, Robert Plant did not authorize any leak or announcement. He is working with some of the best (and underappreciated) musicians that Nashville has to offer, and I realize that some on this board do not appreciate Americana/Bluegrass talent. And I have no issue with anyone's musical preferences. But I do think these musicians that have supported Robert and Alison deserve one more week of respect. If someone officially connected to the other three members leaked this story to the media, I am disappointed. It could have waited another week. The rumors were flying at the Americana afterparty(s) that plans for Raising Sand Part 2 had been placed on "hold", due to RP scheduling issues, however everyone had the decency to NOT ASK any of the musicians directly and focus on the present. I guess it is southern manners, but it never even entered my brain to ask RP about LZ. I hope the remaining dates of the RPAK tour are not too chaotic for the musicians involved.

Well said and couldn't agree with you more. I too am a big fan of Raising Sand as well. I think possibly his best work outside of Led Zeppelin. A lot of people on this board are giving him a bad rap, because they're not into that type of music. Some also go as far as saying that Alison is Led Zeppelin's version of Yoko. Ridiculous!

Bob come back.... and Zeppelin go to new world tour.

ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø„¸ ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨

¨°º¤ø„¸ LED ZEPPELIN „ø¤º°¨

¸„ø¤º°¨ ROCKS!! `°º¤ø„¸

¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø

Well, we know that this board has eyes watching that are well connected to the Zeppelin camp. We'll know soon enough how valid this is. I'm not getting my hopes up too high until we hear more.

p.s. Having a hard time with the Robert "caving in" part. SOmebody tell me why this doesn't sound quite right.

Well, we know that this board has eyes watching that are well connected to the Zeppelin camp. We'll know soon enough how valid this is. I'm not getting my hopes up too high until we hear more.

p.s. Having a hard time with the Robert "caving in" part. SOmebody tell me why this doesn't sound quite right.

yeah, me too. if robert IS coming back, it will be because he wants to, not because he has "caved in ", IMHO.

Perhaps it's just wishful thinking, but I have a hard time believing that this is completely fabricated. There must be at least a kernel of truth in this somewhere.

Ok - it is wishful thinking. But what the hell - I'll not be cynical about a rumor for once.

If the Sun's fucking with us, I'm gonna do them in.

That made me LOL for real.

I think the LZ monkeys are fucking with us.

This roller coaster ride is making me sick.

I was beginning to think that the three J's were going to tour without RP. I was feeling bad for RP because his voice just doesn't suit LZ songs anymore (according to other RP fans) but was excited about the three J's and wondering who the mystery singer is...and now this?

Although its the sun they must have a source otherwise even they would not make such a bold statement. i think there is fuel in the fire

Interesting that The Sun UK and Daily Telegraph Oz are owned by Rupert Murdoch while

The Nine Network is owned by James Packer, arguably Australia' biggest two main media rivals.

Nine have had an eye on the DT's competition, Fairfax print media group for a long time.

So it seems strange that both of them would release similar statements of this without some amount of accuracy?

Well we know for a fact they have been jamming together and waiting for the krauss project to close. so they have been waiting on plant and like the o2 rehersals the story was leaked through so called tacky tabloids

I've said before in another thread that there was almost an eight week break between the previous RPAK shows and the current FINAL leg.

It is safe to say that the J's have been rehearsing for a fair whack of that time and it's also conceivable that "The Mystery Singer(s)" joining them could well've been the man himself.

Who's to say the beaurocracy and paperwork reference was actually something that he had just completed and speclation about what it would take to organise a tour was a red herring to continue the legendary Led Zeppelin mystique?

In the beginning only the band and Peter Grant knew exactly what was going on inside Zeppelin.

Now it's just the band, with a notable exception and with a competent reserve in their place.

Archived