Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
DanelectroGod

Today's Sun: Led Yep, Robert's in for the reunion....

i heard about this on a local rock station, the wolf out of peterborough, ontario, canada!! hope its true, gonna camp outside the ticketmaster if it is!! hahahha

.... and also the saying " Patience is bitter but its fruit is sweet", ;)

Oh yes and it is a virtue! :D

I just think if Robert ever wants to return to Zep, he should make a commitment to a summer tour now, as the rumors claim he's doing. That way he gets the press off his back and he can finish a new album with AK. When the partnership with AK fizzles off as it was sooner or later, he can waltz right back into Zep as the conquering hero. It's the best way to get people to listen to his stuff without feeling like they are endorsing his decision to stay away from Zep. Really, it's a win-win.

I understand where you are coming from, but I have to say that I have come around a bit in my thinking. I believe it was Knebby or one of the other frequent posters here who posted something along the lines of "why do they need to confirm or deny something that isn't true?" I used to think that the reunion rumor situation was unique to the times surrounding the O2 and that they should be addressed when they come up, but I have come to realize that the rumors WILL NEVER stop.

I guess the only time we can count on hearing something for sure is if something is actually happening... no matter what that "something" is (i.e. a solo project, a few members working together, full group, etc.)

FWIW, I don't think the press will ever get off his back.

I agree that some orchestration is going on, but someone is incredibly out of tune.

What do you mean?

I am a believer that it will happen at some point. But the price of tickets and the ability to get them will be a concern. That is why I would like someone here to start a ticket thread if it is announced officially at some point. All of us Zepp fans should stick together and I would propose that we help each other in getting tickets if possible. I have connections in NY. I would do my best. Obviously there will be a limit. I would love to see everyone here get to see them. They will go fast. Im sure some will be out for greed and try and take advantage, but I for one wont do that. I only want to see them and would help others if I could. I was offered $100 apiece in cash at the door in 1977 for my tickets, and was smart enough to turn down the money. It turned out to be one of the better decisions amoung many bad ones I've made in my life. So to all of you, if and when it becomes reality, we should see what the purchasing requirements and limits are? I sure hope they dont pull another stunt like they did in London.

Please! I think this is a terrific idea!!!

why do they need to confirm or deny something that isn't true?

I don't care how close you claim to be to the band, it's all secondhand knowledge at this point. That goes for the unnamed sources behind these news reports as well as Knebby and other self-proclaimed insiders.

FWIW, I don't think the press will ever get off his back.

Not as long as he sits on the fence, no.

i heard about this on a local rock station, the wolf out of peterborough, ontario, canada!! hope its true, gonna camp outside the ticketmaster if it is!! hahahha

i heard the same announcement this morning ont he way to work.

where r u located? i am just north of the wolf

I don't care how close you claim to be to the band, it's all secondhand knowledge at this point. That goes for the unnamed sources behind these news reports as well as Knebby and other self-proclaimed insiders.

Knebby has never -- not even once -- claimed to be an "insider." And I dare you to find me such an instance.

Edited by solar

Knebby has never -- not even once -- claimed to be an "insider." And I dare you to find me such an instance.

Solar, even though you aren't responding to me, I want to make sure that no one was under the impression that I said anyone was an "insider" either. I merely stated that she or someone else said something that makes a lot of sense to me now, but didn't a while back.

I remember when me being a Zeppelin fan (including Page/Plant/Jones or any combination thereof) used to be fun!!!

Solar, even though you aren't responding to me, I want to make sure that no one was under the impression that I said anyone was an "insider" either. I merely stated that she or someone else said something that makes a lot of sense to me now, but didn't a while back.

I remember when me being a Zeppelin fan (including Page/Plant/Jones or any combination thereof) used to be fun!!!

Understood. It was the words "self-proclaimed insider" that mos used which I think was a rather douchey thing to say of a very respected member of this board and fan community. Reputations have been built on this board for many reasons. People within the Zeppelin online community certainly know reputible vs. bullshit posters.

And it is still fun to be a Zep fan ... just tough to come onto message boards and try and understand some of the nonsense being spewed from certain people's fingers. ;) With some people, it seems like the more they post, the less they make sense!

Edited by solar

It will be interesting to see how it all works out, yet I miss the days when he was still nice.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:blahblah: :blahblah:

Everyone is different. Not everyone has the same ideas. It was more fun before and people seemed much nicer then, and maybe more tolerant and accepting of those who were different from them.

Edited by eternal light

This was apparently reported on the television news last night here in OZ. Didn't hear it myself, but my wife told me about it. Good to be discussing this for my first post. Hi all!

This was apparently reported on the television news last night here in OZ. Didn't hear it myself, but my wife told me about it. Good to be discussing this for my first post. Hi all!

She was right.

Welcome aboard mate.

Whereabouts in Oz?

Gidday Reggie29.

Live on outskirts of Sydney (Oakdale). Saw Zep at the showground in '72 and Page/Plant on their tour.

Edited by davekell1

This thread is hilarious.

When dates are announced through the very site that we are posting on then and only then will they be official.

Hanging on the coattails of some two-bit British rag is just too funny. :lol:

As you were.

When dates are announced through the very site that we are posting on then and only then will they be official.

As you were.

It's a bad source I agree. But I think a tour is happening one way or another.

As you were.

Wow you think? And here I thought we were in the queue for tickets. :rolleyes:

The thread is so hilarious that you didn't even take time to read that 90% of the posts are debating the validity of the story.

Gidday Reggie29.

Live on outskirts of Sydney (Oakdale). Saw Zep at the showground in '72 and Page/Plant on their tour.

The Wollondilly region is lovely. Too young to see Zep on my own, but I do recall them on the television and newspaper news of the time (drug raid in Perth, and rain cancellation in Adelaide) and also the GTK show on ABC. Went to both Sydney shows (24th & 25th) for Page/Plant in 1996 as well as Plant's Principle of Moments tour 1984.

Gidday Reggie29.

Picton, know it well.

Me too!

Just to show how situations are twisted, I got this this morning....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2...15875-20755279/

One glaring misktake is that Jason did not put his house up for sale "yesterday". The house has been on the market a while. Plus, it suggests that he is selling it because of a forthcoming world tour.

Although there is a strong possibilty that Jimmy, JPJ, Jason and ? will tour next year, I would imagine that this has nothing do with Jason selling his house. He and his family relocated to Florida 3 years ago. I would presume it's practical and logical to sell a home that is no longer your homebase and that you rarely stay in.