L.A. FORUM SHOWS FROM JUNE 1977

ZeppFanForever

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? There is a question that I would like to ask all of you that has been puzzling me for quite some time now. If ZEPPELIN's organization granted permission for the Seattle Kingdome show (17 July 1977) to be professionally video taped, why couldn't permission be granted to video tape all of the Forum shows from June 1977? I was present at the 23 June 1977 Forum show and it is just too bad that this show was not professionally video taped. It just doesn't make any sense. What do all of you think? ROCK ON!

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? There is a question that I would like to ask all of you that has been puzzling me for quite some time now. If ZEPPELIN's organization granted permission for the Seattle Kingdome show (17 July 1977) to be professionally video taped, why couldn't permission be granted to video tape all of the Forum shows from June 1977? I was present at the 23 June 1977 Forum show and it is just too bad that this show was not professionally video taped. It just doesn't make any sense. What do all of you think? ROCK ON!
because life sucks and I guess they were ready to put on a hell of a show at seattle and ended up a train wreck I guess.... :o

Well im finding out many of these recordings were just the closed circuit footage on the big screens at the shows. (Earls court?) seattle might have been that too?

Seems the only very professional recordings were TSRTS and Royal Albert hall, Knebworth almost feels like it was closed circuit too, but perhaps not.

But congrats on being present for one of the best shows ever and the best No Quarter ever (imo)

• 2 weeks later...

Best show for:

Sick Again (Best version ever)

NBFBM (Best version ever)

No Quarter (Best 1977 version and best jam ever)

ALS (Best 1977 version)

TYG (Best LA Forum version)

Over The Top (Best moment in history of rock drumming)

The other songs are played very good, with the exception of that Kashmir. But the concert, if compared song by song, is way better than LTTE, except for TSRTS and the energy.

You are correct that this is not a multi-cam pro-shot production such as TSRTS. The vision from Earls Court and the '77 shows are recordings of the feed which was displayed on the big screen behind the band.

Archived