LED ZEP TOUR IS ON!

When it comes to Zep, fact-checking in journalism no longer matters. This has been going on literally for decades. When I was a teenager there was a reunion rumor seemingly every few months. There is apparently a cottage industry of people who have a vested interest in keeping the rumors flying. The promoters and the press kind fo dance around eachother hand in hand. Meanwhile we are all emotionally raped.

The thing that struck me about it is magazines and newspapers are one thing, we're used to bullshit from them, but it's a bit odd for my 6pm local news to be saying it. They're fairly cut and dry. They're not really gossipy

Yeah, when do we ever hear untrue stories on the 6 o'clock news :blink:

The thing that struck me about it is magazines and newspapers are one thing, we're used to bullshit from them, but it's a bit odd for my 6pm local news to be saying it. They're fairly cut and dry. They're not really gossipy

I get what you're saying - but did they read an official statement from the band or their management? What I meant is - it must be a quiet news day to warrant the inclusion of a story that hasn't even come from an official source.

I get what you're saying - but did they read an official statement from the band or their management? What I meant is - it must be a quiet news day to warrant the inclusion of a story that hasn't even come from an official source.

I don't know, that's the thing, they didn't say where the info came from which makes it sound very uncertain.

I just know my local news rarely ever does speculative news articles, so you must be right, it must've been a slow news day and they needed something to fill a gap.

Well, for me it doesn't really matter. I mean it'd be nice to see them on tour, but it wouldn't be what they were, simply because of Bonzo

They could never be what they were, true enough.But the O2 proved to me that I'd be happy to see any of those guys together again, anytime -it was a night of magic. So any combination would suit me. :)

They could never be what they were, true enough.But the O2 proved to me that I'd be happy to see any of those guys together again, anytime -it was a night of magic. So any combination would suit me. :)

You of all people needed proof of that? ;)

Too true. The O2 certainly proved that the chemistry still remains intact. For me a dream come true. My thoughts then the same as now were that I hoped that more people could be given the opportunity to have there dreams come true. Heres hoping for an official announcement soon.

Cheers B)

The thing is the report only lasted about ten seconds with the short statement and footage of O2.

About as long as the announcement of the O 2 concert.

Short and sweet.

Knebby's right all will be revealed, very soon I think.

Obviously there are people on here who are close to the band (perhaps members of the band's staff), and the guys surely know how to use the internet so they both watch and monitor reaction to all the information asseminated on the forum.

That said, it is conceiveable that even "close sources" of the band may not've known exactly or have not been privy to the final plan.

Whether that includes them all reuniting or a combination of the members playing was just another smokescreen to muddy the waters and created the situation we have now of rumour and speculation, unconfirmed news reports and so on.

Isn't it great!?

The juices are flowing with anticipation similar to how I felt last time Led Zeppelin was rumoured for an Australian tour, it was about this time of year in 1971 and then the next thing I know I've scored myself a ticket!

Things, situations and choices can literally change overnight.

So who knows?

At least there are no reports or rumours of them not wanting to tour in one form or another.

Keep the faith, Brothers and Sisters!

I'm calling bullshit on these articles because of their lack of grammar:

They even rehearsed with stand-in singers - and one American was so impressive they were confident they could hit the road next year without Plant.

"was so impressive" just isn't right.

besides, who cares about only one American?

Keep in mind that rumors are never true or false. Even if it turns out that the guys are indeed touring next year, the article is bullshit because no sources are cited. I don't care if Robert Plant himself is the so-called "source close to the group". If someone isn't named, it's not credible--even if it turns out to be true!

Why? Because we can't evaluate this rumor in the future because what we have to go on right now is nothing substantial.

You see, when you say "a source close to the band", no one gets in trouble for leaking anything. This means that if the rumor is true and there is a source, that source doesn't get in trouble with the band.

The other route the writer could have taken is to say something like "Jimmy Page said..." and fabricate an answer. But when you start naming names and telling lies about them, that's when lawyers get involved and the writer is in deep shit.

So if you want to make up something, then you just say reference some random source, because the person who would be upset about the lie doesn't exist.

I'll believe it when I see a direct quote from a band member or an announcement on this website.

When it comes to Zep, fact-checking in journalism no longer matters. This has been going on literally for decades. When I was a teenager there was a reunion rumor seemingly every few months. There is apparently a cottage industry of people who have a vested interest in keeping the rumors flying. The promoters and the press kind fo dance around eachother hand in hand. Meanwhile we are all emotionally raped.

Yeah. Not everyone in the world peruses the various Led Zeppelin websites to read the daily rumors of potential tours and the insanity it produces.

Those outside the loop need to be prodded every now and then. B)

I was just watching my 6 o'clock evening news, Channel 9, and they said Led Zep will be touring next year. Robert has apparently agreed to it

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0...5003421,00.html

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/stor...5012327,00.html

Understand what all we are saying but...I THINK THIS TIME IS IT - ZEPPELIN's FINAL WORLD TOUR!

God bless Robert Plant for granting the final legacy for the next 100 years!

Archived