Cell Phones Usage can cause cancerous tumors ? ? ?

The Rover

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you Believe that cell phone usage causes cancer ?

• I believe cell phone usage causes cancer.
    • I do --not-- believe cell phone usage causes cancer
    • I do not know if cell phone usage causes cancer

Since I've never had a cell phone and never plan on having one, I don't worry about the direct effects. I only think about the "second-hand effects". I make sure I duck when I'm in the middle of a conversation and the microwave tower. I don't think it's cool to impose one's cellphone usage and possible detrimental consequences on others.

Of course the masses who do embrace usage will do it anyway, skeptics be damned.

It's the same way with smokers. <_<

Since I've never had a cell phone and never plan on having one, I don't worry about the direct effects. I only think about the "second-hand effects". I make sure I duck when I'm in the middle of a conversation and the microwave tower. I don't think it's cool to impose one's cellphone usage and possible detrimental consequences on others.

Of course the masses who do embrace usage will do it anyway, skeptics be damned.

you won't get cancer from being around a smoker once every couple of weeks. You will not get brain cancer from being around people who talk on cell phones. You will not get cancer from standing in front of the microwave.

Don't believe me? Then stay in your house and don't leave. Welcome to the big bad world

Mobile phone subscriptions to reach

4 billion by year-end

The number of mobile phone subscriptions in the world will reach four billion by the end of the year driven by growth in developing economies, the ITU, the International Telecommunications Union said Friday.

"Since the turn of the century, the growth of mobile cellular subscribers has been impressive," the ITU said in a statement.

The ITU stressed however that its estimate does not mean that four billion individuals each have their own mobile phone, as many people in developed countries have more than one.

Earlier this year the ITU said that the number of mobile phone subscriptions topped 3.3 billion by the end of 2007.

Continued progress in 2008 is chiefly due to the growth in major developing markets such as Brazil, Russia, India and China.

"These economies alone are expected to account for over 1.3 billion mobile subscribers by the end of 2008," the ITU said.

China surpassed the 600 million mark by mid-2008, becoming the world's biggest mobile phone market, while India had around 296 million subscribers by the end of July.

"Market liberalisation has played a key role in spreading mobile telephony by driving competition and bringing down prices," the ITU noted.

If anyones gonna get it, it would be my roomate... he cant even go into another room in the house unless he has his phone on his person. I make fun of him at least twice a day about his ridiculous usage... about 20 calls and at least 30 text messages a day.

Shit, I don't even use that many calls in a month, and I simply refuse to text message - never have, never will - I absolutely refuse to become a 14 year old highschool chick.

You're such a d-bag about it.

It's people like you that make me want to blow smoke directly into non-smokers' faces

You're such a d-bag about it.

It's people like you that make me want to blow smoke directly into non-smokers' faces

I knew the child psychology would get some smoker's goat. Looks like it was you.

Of course I'm jesting when I talk about ducking out of the microwaves, but at the same time, the sentiment is even if it is harmful, users won't give a damn about those around them. My analogy is just.

Say don't, YOU do. Don't jump, YOU leap.

:lol:

I knew the child psychology would get some smoker's goat. Looks like it was you.

Of course I'm jesting when I talk about ducking out of the microwaves, but at the same time, the sentiment is even if it is harmful, users won't give a damn about those around them. My analogy is just.

Say don't, YOU do. Don't jump, YOU leap.

:lol:

[not_quite_._._,_i_never_said_i_would_,_just_that_you_make_me_want_to]

[don_'_t_peddle_your_anti_-_smoking_and_i_won_'_t_peddle_my_pro_-_smoking_,_simple_as_that]

[edited_to_add_:_colorful_formatting]

So docron,

If it IS proven that the microwaves from cells cause harm AND that they could affect others around you, (assuming you use a cellphone), would you continue to use it around others, innocent's be damned?

The analogy would seem to me to hold true, as you appear to want to blow smoke in non-smokers faces.

Just one on one, I'm not talking about the fact that they are ubiquitous and already ingrained in peoples psyche. But just the bare question, what is you stance?

Should people with bad breath stop talking, noses be damned?

If you were close enough to me and I was so repulsed by your offensive breath, I'd move if I had approached you. If you had approached me, I'd ask YOU to move. If you didn't I'd sock you IN THE NOSE, and you'd not have the change to smell my breath.

If you were close enough to me and I was so repulsed by your offensive breath, I'd move if I had approached you. If you had approached me, I'd ask YOU to move. If you didn't I'd sock you IN THE NOSE, and you'd not have the change to smell my breath.

That's horrible. You need a thread like spats.

We can help you.

So docron,

If it IS proven that the microwaves from cells cause harm AND that they could affect others around you, (assuming you use a cellphone), would you continue to use it around others, innocent's be damned?

The analogy would seem to me to hold true, as you appear to want to blow smoke in non-smokers faces.

Just one on one, I'm not talking about the fact that they are ubiquitous and already ingrained in peoples psyche. But just the bare question, what is you stance?

[i only use my cellphone about 5 minutes per week, but assumming I used it daily, I suppose I would keep using it never-the-less]|[Today's world is just too fast-paced to go hunting around for a land-line]

[As an aside, I'm a polite smoker]|[in a public setting in close proximity to others, I don't smoke]|[i only said those things because to stereotype all smokers as being oblivious to non-smokers in their surroundings is wrong]

Archived