Presidential Debate

danelectro59

In regards to the media coverage of -bruce springsteen over the weekend and today. I saw a good segment of -bruce springsteen speaking over the weekend and he had a very articulate and soulful expression of thoughts.

Today on -cnn, wolf blitzer played some live -bruce springsteen and there was this road behind him with traffic of a bunch of cars and some school buses going by and it just was really a good media segment.

You have just commited the logical fallacy known as:

argumentum ad ignorantiam ("arguing from ignorance") -- A fallacy that occurs when someone argues that because we don't know something is true, it must be false, or because we lack proof that a statement is false, it must be true. Ignorance or lack of evidence doesn't necessarily mean a position or claim is true or false.

Don't be such a dumb bunny Lizzybeth.

klemperer.jpg

WoW! If you take that uniform and hat, and put it on Hank Paulson.......

I think they would be identical.... twins ! ! :lol:

You mean kind of like the way the media lets Biden off the hook every time he sticks his foot on his mouth?

The difference is that we all know Biden. He's been around and we've heard his little passions and gaffe's before. It's old hat. Palin on the other hand is new and untested. The media and the public want to know who this woman is and how the hell she got here. We know John McCain too, his temper, his gaffe's, his silly little songs. That's why he gets away with it too, he's been around doing that stuff for a while. Sarah Palin isn't out there like the average politician would be. She is in controlled environments. So when we get a glimpse of the elusive candidate everyone is ready to pounce on her. Maybe it's a big mistake by keeping her out of the loop and not letting the press/media near her. Maybe they have to because she's an idiot.

We are comfortable by knowing who Joe Biden is. We don't know Sarah Palin that well.

Face it, you are biased and can't stand Sarah just like the leftist major media.

Face it, if she actually answered questions presented to her, she might not be getting such a bad rap. All politicians will dodge certain questions from time to time. In her case, its nearly everytime. Why? If she hasn't been briefed and given 24hrs to wikipedia the answers, she hasn't a clue because she was covering eskimo football during the last election.

Edited to Add: And that's not liberal bias. Stop whining, it's almost over.

OK please can an american explain what the f**k is a joe six pack or whom?!!! ive been laughin at this for ages not to mention her hockey mom cries!

Joe Sixpack is just another way of saying "Joe Blow" or "Joe Q. Public." It's just representing your everyday person.

this election i havent followed much, Doesn't help in here in Canada but hey you guys have more interesting politics anyways. Just watching them might over the stop is enough to make me smile. and the questions they answer with questions are even more amazing.

Joe Sixpack is just another way of saying "Joe Blow" or "Joe Q. Public." It's just representing your everyday person.

Arr thankyou trying to appeal to your average joes. joe "six pack" must be a beer can reference homer Simpson comes to mind! :)

if this woman becomes VP she will make more gaffs than Bush

I'm actually surprised they say that out loud; to me it sounds really insulting; like average Americans sit around drinking beer all the time. I've never been so cognizant of a candidate trying to dumb themselves down before; Palin worse than McCain (needlessly). At least Obama and Biden speak as though we are intelligent.

McCain is sure looking at Obama tonight. I guess he is not racist. But Obama is sure looking in aww of McCain. Maybe he is gay. Who knows. If McCain can be racist based on one pic, than im sure Obama is gay. Not saying nothing is wrong with that. Just saying.

I am having a hard time staying tuned to this one :blink:

I agree. It is funny how many times Tom has tried to "moderate" these two, lol. He's a tough one! Lucky for Palin he wasn't the one who interviewed her over Charlie!

My take on this: McCain is a crazy old man :)

I agree. It is funny how many times Tom has tried to "moderate" these two, lol. He's a tough one! Lucky for Palin he wasn't the one who interviewed her over Charlie!

My take on this: McCain is a crazy old man :)

I did miss part of it in the middle, but nothing jumped out at me; just a lot of blah, blah, blah. :huh:

The VP debate was, IMO, much more interesting and informative.

Archived