Presidential Debate

danelectro59

What war experience does McCain have? He was in captivity for much of the the Vietnam war. He has a voting history, and thats about it.

what exp does obama have on economics. a 454 million campaign in which he is only ahead by a few points, in the same year Dems beat repubs by 15%.

Obama never ran a company.

Obama never balanced a budget.

What else are we going to say, McCain two plus decades of being senator is nothing, but Obamas 4 years is good enough.

If we are going to say McCain has no exp on military and foreign affairs and Palin is just a small town mayor, than obama, by those standards, has enough exp. to be the page in the senate for Biden.

I didn't watch all of the debate, I could only watch the first 20 minutes, but for me I have to confess that Obama, although he came across as intelligent and cautious, didn't come across as strong as McCain. McCain seemed to have a bit more conviction, or seemed more 'in charge'.

It seemed to me that he was more struggling to keep control by twisting the facts so Obama had to straighten them out. So those who don't know the issues (or the candidates) might have bought it. But then again you only saw the first 20 minutes. :lol:

It seemed to me that he was more struggling to keep control by twisting the facts so Obama had to straighten them out. So those who don't know the issues (or the candidates) might have bought it. But then again you only saw the first 20 minutes. :lol:

Yeah I only saw the first 20 minutes, and completely ignoring what they were actually saying, I was just going on their delivery and the style of their presentation.

I waited to see how this thread would shake out and, true to form, lines are clearly drawn. So here's my 2 cents worth. Like I said, I missed the first part, so anything on the financial issues, I didn't see, although everyone said they skirted the subject anyway. What I did hear was foreign policy and for the most part, i'm disappointed what was said and nervous of what's coming. Neither came across as particularly convincing to me. McCain, as expected, was touting his experience but didn't say anything new. Yea, we get it senator, you've been everywhere and done everything. He came across as being totally smug and as if he's following in the footsteps of the great Ronald Reagan. One thing McCain forgets is that he doesn't have 40 years of acting under his belt. I'm afraid if he's elected, we'll have another Richard Nixon on our hands. The guy is bitter as hell because he's been overlooked so many times.

Obama seemed confused and jumbled his words more than a few times. That makes me nervous as well. I like to see a presidential candidate that's strong in his beliefs and doesn't stumble and fish for words. More than a few times, McCain dropped his guard and left himself wide open and Obama failed to deliver the knockout punch. The whole subject about Russia nearly had me laughing. He needs to step away from the hunt for Bin Laden too. C'mon, the guy is probably already dead anyway, and if he's not, he's been cut off. Ending the war in Iraq is good, stopping the Taliban in Afghanistan as well, although i think the UN needs to be more involved there. We need to concentrate more on home issues than foreign ones anyway.

So, to me, no clear cut winner here. If i was judging a boxing match, it would be a draw.

Were you watching to the same debate as I was?

McCain's condescending attitude showed a lack of poise, and a clear plan. How many times did Obama have to correct McCain for manipulating the facts. Pretty much the clear Republican route.

Keep thinking McCain won smart guy.

I just heard an interview today with Henry Kissinger, and Kissinger pretty much made it clear that McCain IS CORRECT on the issue of not meeting face to face with the leader if Iran. And in fact, Kissinger made it clear that he himself never suggest that should ever be done,, despite Obama's repeated insistence that Kissinger had said that was warranted. OBAMA HAD IT WRONG! And when Obama said, "we'll see what Kissinger said" in response to McCains virtual slap down on the issue of sitting down face to face on a Presidential level with people like Ahmedenijad, Obama looked like a real rookie on foreign affairs.

But none of that will matter to stupid sappy liberals. They aren't looking for a leader capable of keeping this nation safe from terrorists and mad men. Liberals are looking for "warm fuzzies."

McCain won that one hands down.

But none of that will matter to stupid sappy liberals. They aren't looking for a leader capable of keeping this nation safe from terrorists and mad men. Liberals are looking for "warm fuzzies."

9/11 occurred under a Republican administration and moreover Americans are infinitely more likely to be murdered by their fellow americans than a terrorist.

Since I've been voting (1976) here's the score:

Democrat Presidents total years: 12

Republican total years: 20

Since 1952 (I was born in 1950)

Democrats: 20 years

Republicans: 36 years (I still like Ike)

I never realized how loony the Dems were until I bought my first handgun and Joe Biden has been a burr in my saddle ever since.

Go! GO! Go, Johnny go, go, go!!

B)

My immediate thought was, this is hearsay and that Couric is practicing biased journalism. Katie Couric is about as professional as a fifteen dollar hooker.

Aren't they all?

Last night one was gushing about how Obama was using his hands in the debate like a symphony conductor.

:lol:

9/11 occurred under a Republican administration

World War 2, Korea and Vietnam occured under Democrat administrations, so what's your point?

and moreover Americans are infinitely more likely to be murdered by their fellow americans than a terrorist.

And I am more likely to break my foot off in your ass for making such stupid remarks.

That's interseting and thanks for the information. When Katie Couric interviewed Sarah Palin on the news the other day, that same subject came up and Sarah's answer was the same as McCains. After they showed the interview, Couric said something like; "I asked Henry Kissinger after that interview and he said that he would talk to them without preconditions", or something to that effect.

My immediate thought was, this is hearsay and that Couric is practicing biased journalism. Katie Couric is about as professional as a fifteen dollar hooker.

Yeah, like I said I just heard Kissinger today in a telephone interview on Fox News with Megyn Kelly. Obviously Katie Couric and Barrack Obama have no clue about what they are talking about. Not that liberals are going to appreciate the facts of Kissinger's stated points.

BTW - Couric isn't worth 15 dollars. And does anybody even watch her anyway?

I just heard an interview today with Henry Kissinger, and Kissinger pretty much made it clear that McCain IS CORRECT on the issue of not meeting face to face with the leader if Iran. And in fact, Kissinger made it clear that he himself never suggest that should ever be done,, despite Obama's repeated insistence that Kissinger had said that was warranted. OBAMA HAD IT WRONG! And when Obama said, "we'll see what Kissinger said" in response to McCains virtual slap down on the issue of sitting down face to face on a Presidential level with people like Ahmedenijad, Obama looked like a real rookie on foreign affairs.

Show me the interview transcript or a link to it.

You are such a moron, that I'm boggled by your stupidity. "Warm Fuzzies"? "Stupid Sappy Liberals"?

How about "Cheating old Republicans" Or the fact that Repubilcans are "greedy swindlers"....

I love your ability to name call here, to people who have different views then you.

I got a name for you Del, "douche Bag". That pretty Much sums up you on a whole.

You are such a moron, that I'm boggled by your stupidity. "Warm Fuzzies"? "Stupid Sappy Liberals"?

How about "Cheating old Republicans" Or the fact that Repubilcans are "greedy swindlers"....

I love your ability to name call here, to people who have different views then you.

I got a name for you Del, "douche Bag". That pretty Much sums up you on a whole.

I try not to get my mouth into things, but: You just accused Del to of name calling, only to follow up by calling him a name. You are both adults, can you please fight like it? I'm not lying blame on either of you, but please.

I didn't see all of the debate last night, can someone please fill me in on why McCain was talking about Russians? That was the inly part I saw, and I didn't see all of it.

I'm afraid my take on McCain's disrespectful body langauge towards Obama isn't nearly as charitable as some here - to me it was indicative of McCain's strategy of appealing to right wing racists. A racist would read that body language very clearly - who grants a black man "equal" status by looking him in the eye?

It was ugly, whether McCain really is too racist to look an educated black person square in the face, or he was pandering to the lowest denominator, which seems to be his strategy.

For that reason alone, he lost the debate - huge.

what exp does obama have on economics. a 454 million campaign in which he is only ahead by a few points, in the same year Dems beat repubs by 15%.

Obama never ran a company.

Obama never balanced a budget.

What else are we going to say, McCain two plus decades of being senator is nothing, but Obamas 4 years is good enough.

If we are going to say McCain has no exp on military and foreign affairs and Palin is just a small town mayor, than obama, by those standards, has enough exp. to be the page in the senate for Biden.

So the fact that Obama has never run a company, incapacitates his knowledge about economics? You'd rather have tax breaks for the wealthy, and not tax cuts for people like you and I? Or do you make over 250,000/ year.

Because that's where were heading with a McCain victory. Obama has a clear plan to get our country out of recession. Obviously no republican can make the right choices.

He's a state senator for fuck sake. He's dealt with monetary issues before.

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/economy/

World War 2, Korea and Vietnam occured under Democrat administrations, so what's your point?

And I am more likely to break my foot off in your ass for making such stupid remarks.

Del why do you persist in name-calling, It just seems everytime someone brings out a point that you have difficulty responding to you seem to resort to vulgarity.

I try not to get my mouth into things, but: You just accused Del to of name calling, only to follow up by calling him a name. You are both adults, can you please fight like it? I'm not lying blame on either of you, but please.

I didn't see all of the debate last night, can someone please fill me in on why McCain was talking about Russians? That was the inly part I saw, and I didn't see all of it.

Of course I called Del that name. He is exactly that. I'm getting tired of his lack of respect to others around here or anyone who provides a clear opinion who differs from his.

Of course I called Del that name. He is exactly that. I'm getting tired of his lack of respect to others around here or anyone who provides a clear opinion who differs from his.

I don't think you quite understand, you were upset because Del is calling names. How did you respond? By calling Del names. That is a very childish way to fight. It is also a hypicritical thing to do. I'm not calling you a child, or a hypocrite. I think that it would just be in your best interest if you were upset by something to not repremand that person by doing the exact same that upet you. Quite honestly, it doesn't make you look any more mature.

Edited: And your above comment is very rude, and no better than Del's. You are doing anything but making yourself look any more intellegent.

Archived