Presidential Debate

danelectro59

Wow...what if said that to your daughter, you idiot!

My daughter was raised better. She is happy and living with her husband, struggling, but happy.

She doesn't feel the need to rant about things that she struggles with...she does something about it, instead!! I'm very proud of her! There would never be a reason for someone to say that about my daughter!

I feel bad for your family's financial troubles, but when you lash out at people, expect it to come back on you.

I really feel badly for your parents and sincerely hope that they will do better in the next few years. It's tough out there for a lot of us.

No, there's a difference between going after my opinion or what I say and insulting me or my family. One I tolerate the other I don't. And the people who end up on my ignore list are the people who do nothing but insult me. I don't need to nor should I have to put up with that crap, so I don't. There's a lot of people here whom I disagree with a lot, and I read every single one of their posts and respond to most of them.

My daughter was raised better. She is happy and living with her husband, struggling, but happy.

She doesn't feel the need to rant about things that she struggles with...she does something about it, instead!! I'm very proud of her! There would never be a reason for someone to say that about my daughter!

Wow. I guess you feel some need to judge other people then...cause youve done well. So why do you want to hurt someone else?

aside from derailing a -presidential thread on a -led zeppelin board....

Is it all about you??? i dont get it.

No, there's a difference between going after my opinion or what I say and insulting me or my family. One I tolerate the other I don't. And the people who end up on my ignore list are the people who do nothing but insult me. I don't need to nor should I have to put up with that crap, so I don't. There's a lot of people here whom I disagree with a lot, and I read every single one of their posts and respond to most of them.

So... you are saying that you don't insult or ignore those that disagree with you?

I can dig up some posts that would disprove your statement. You and I differ ideologically, but probably see a lot of things in the same way, nonetheless. Do what thou wilt.

Anyway, why don't we get this thread back on topic and talk about last night's debate. Did anyone who was previously on the fence feel that their minds were made up as a result of this debate? What about that candidate stood out more after this debate, as opposed to the last two?

Wow. I guess you feel some need to judge other people then...cause youve done well. So why do you want to hurt someone else?

aside from derailing a -presidential thread on a -led zeppelin board....

Is it all about you??? i dont get it.

No one is asking you to get it. Who are you? The wannabe moderator?

Anyway, why don't we get this thread back on topic and talk about last night's debate. Did anyone who was previously on the fence feel that their minds were made up as a result of this debate? What about that candidate stood out more after this debate, as opposed to the last two?

No. I'm still feeling like both candidates are clueless about the economy. I hope that we can get through this, but I see bad times ahead.

I have a problem with -mccain and palin continualy saying that -obama is going to raise taxes. Its like, within a week, this economic event didnt even happen. Obama has the same economic advisors that -clinton had. Economic advisors are saying that -mccain is just lying about alot of his economic views.

I have a problem with -mccain and palin continualy saying that -obama is going to raise taxes. Its like, within a week, this economic event didnt even happen. Obama has the same economic advisors that -clinton had. Economic advisors are saying that -mccain is just lying about alot of his economic views.

Clinton raised taxes.

I missed most of the debate; I saw a few minutes in the middle and then fell dead asleep on the couch. What I saw was more of the same blah blah blah. I did notice both of them making some really funny faces though; I bet SNL will have fun with that.

The first time McCain played the Autism/Downs card was barely acceptable. The second time towards the end was way out of place.

McCain was on the attack, and had Obama on defense several times, but he couldn't follow up or close the deal on any point or issue. His claim that Obama had a "radical" abortion view is downright hilarious. No matter your stance on the issue, one could hardly view legalized abortion as a radical view. It's been the law for over 30 years. I don't think he's going to get many independant females to vote for him by trying to exploit that position. Anyone who viewed that issue as any kind of game-changer, has already made up their mind anyway.

I thought Keith Oberman made the comment of the night.... "McCain took some heat for not looking or addressing Obama during the fist two debates. Watching McCain's facial expressions as Obama spoke tonight, let's us all know we were much better off during the first two." That raised eyebrow, bug-eyed look was not only unpresidential in my opinion, it was downright scary.

And you can't even "prepare' enough to move out of your Daddy's house.... shut up! My son has already been to Afghanistan and fought for his country while he defends your right to speak freely...and stupidly..... an education might do you some good. :blink:

I do believe that we would be able to speak freely regardless if we are fighting in Afghanistan or not. However due to the policies of the past 8 years, we are being monitored by the government - especially your son over there. That is according to the reports of monitoring phone calls from our troops to home. So don't try to fill us with your b.s..

And he also dramatically reduced spending on defense and intelligence. Same crap Obama wants to do.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of intelligence aorund here of late :blink:

Is this the same intelligence that took both the USA and UK into Iraq? :blink::blink:

Archived