Presidential Debate

danelectro59

I'd consider myself an independent and I think it was a draw, none delivered a fatal blow to one another to come out on top. They both got out what they wanted to say but the race is still as it was which is close.

I totally agree with this assesment. The next two debates are going to be very important.

And of course the VP debates are just going to be damn fun! :D

Thanks for posting this. I think to most people it should be obvious that John McCain has some very prominent physical handicaps, especially when it comes to being able to move his arms and upper body. However, some liberals keep on trying to attack him on this, and make it into something that it is not. Even the Obama campaign was running an ad where they attacked McCain for not using a computer for sending e-mails. Trying to make the claim that he is stupid or lacking in technical skills.... yep, an approved Obama ad.

But they pulled that ad because some people pointed out just as you have just done. That McCain does not use a computer much because the physical action of typing alone is very uncomfortable to him with the injuries he sustained while ejecting from his airplane, and due to his later experiences as a wounded prisoner of war. Besides, how completely stupid the Obama campaign was to suggest that a fighter pilot was somehow lacking in technical experience. Most people aren't even qualified to pump fuel into a fighter jet much less know how to fly one.

Just more proof of how desperate and mean the attacks from liberals continue to be. One person here even suggested that McCain was a racist because he did not completely turn and face Obama during the debate. How they jumped to that conclusion can not even be answered from logic or the facts. Just another emotional reaction like most liberal responses tend to be.

To be fair, comparing the ability to fly a plane and the ability to communicate via modern technology is like comparing apples to oranges. In essence McCain is handicapped by his inability to type. I'm not sure exactly what the extent of his physical injuries are but the only thing I can really think of the prevents anyone from typing is carpal tunnel syndrome.

Anyhoooo, I'm surprised his advisers haven't played the 'handicapped' angle a little more. That would add a new level of heroism to be fall back on when all else fails. I'd really like to dissect that debate and add up the minutes that McCain discussed the real issues at hand vs. the minutes he spent regaling us with anecdotes about his experiences traveling and being in the military.

I can either debate or name call with the best of them. Show me something worth debating with you then great. Up till now all I have heard from you is dribble and sap.

Sappy-liberal-dribble :lol:

Speaking of sappy liberal dribble... where do you get this kind of crap? You just spout this stuff out of your pie hole from the complete void of reason that fills your head.

Ah... I seem to have struck a nerve.

Did you watch the debate? Do you think McCain treated Obama with respect? What possible reason would a grown up have for refusing to look another grown up in the eye, much less not even in the face?

Who do you think McCain's performance was meant for, the NAACP members in the audience? Or is he just that rude and crude? If he is, why on earth would you support such a person?

There you go - some relatively easy questions for your vastly superior intellect to deal with, preferably without the verbal abuse all such "intellects" on the right constantly resort to. I challenge you to demonstrate some self-restraint.

As for whether you're so much smarter than everyone, the bottom line is that anybody who thinks we need four more years of Republicans running the place is a fucking idiot.

That's because I save all my best stuff for liberal Europeans jumping into our political discussions.

If that is what you are 'euro'?

ROFLMAO... "euro trash" huh? Is that another example of your superior awareness and intellect, thinking that people from Europe are contemptible?

This is a smaller planet than you think it is, Einstein.

So do you have a lot of contact with republican penises?

By definition that would be difficult, since they are so tiny, you see.

QUOTE (euro @ Sep 27 2008, 03:33 PM)

and moreover Americans are infinitely more likely to be murdered by their fellow americans than a terrorist.

And I am more likely to break my foot off in your ass for making such stupid remarks.

u.s. murder total for 2007: 16,929

death toll for 9/11: 2752

look it up....

i'll break a foot off in your ass

.....dumbass.

edit to add: above murder total does not include deaths from 'friendly' fire.

610x.jpg

"If I don't look at him, maybe he'll disappear."

:lol:

Love how Barack actually grabbed him with both hands... a mark of warm fuzzies and respect for his elder, that made McCain look even more uncomfortable.

I'm half surprised he didn't try to wipe the cooties off on his pants after. B)

:hysterical:

THOSE debates will be better than the presidential ones I'm sure....the combined entertainment factor of Biden and Palin will be priceless!

:D Absolutely, I can't wait. Especially, I can't wait for the spin meisters on the right to start up with their eyewash right after... if not before. "But... she's such a MILF!"

I was thinking her Down syndrome child might mysteriously need Mommy right about then, but now they're hoist on their own petard, since McCain already tried pulling the "I have more important things to do than a presidential debate 6 weeks before an election" BS.

She's going to have to speak like an adult human being qualified to be next in line to United States President sooner or later, right? Right? :unsure:

Love how Barack actually grabbed him with both hands... a mark of warm fuzzies and respect for his elder, that made McCain look even more uncomfortable.

Gee, he really is handicapped. He can't even turn his eyes to the left! Yikes!

Thanks for posting this. I think to most people it should be obvious that John McCain has some very prominent physical handicaps, especially when it comes to being able to move his arms and upper body. However, some liberals keep on trying to attack him on this, and make it into something that it is not. Even the Obama campaign was running an ad where they attacked McCain for not using a computer for sending e-mails. Trying to make the claim that he is stupid or lacking in technical skills.... yep, an approved Obama ad.

But they pulled that ad because some people pointed out just as you have just done. That McCain does not use a computer much because the physical action of typing alone is very uncomfortable to him with the injuries he sustained while ejecting from his airplane, and due to his later experinces as a wounded prisoner of war. Besides, how completely stupid the Obama campaign was to suggest that a fighter pilot was somehow lacking in technical experience. Most people aren't even qualified to pump fuel into a fighter jet much less know how to fly one.

Just more proof of how desperate and mean the attacks from liberals continue to be. One person here even suggested that McCain was a racist because he did not completely turn and face Obama during the debate. How they jumped to that conclusion can not even be answered from logic or the facts. Just another emotional reaction like most liberal responses tend to be.

He NEVER ONCE looked Obama in the face or in the eye. It was a clear demonstration of absolute disrespect.

You realize McCain was able to look at Jim Lehrer, at the audience, and into the camera when he wanted to, don't you? Explain how he overcame his awful handicap when he needed to make a point in a direction away from Mr. Obama.

The occasion called for much better from such a "distinguished" older statesman. I think you're just upset that people picked up on McCain's body language, and read it for what it was: immature, disrespectful, and racist.

I'm sorry, but anyone trying to excuse McCain's contempt for Obama by bringing up his war injuries is just insulting everyone's intelligence. No one is denying that the effects of 5 1/2 years as a POW have resulted in long-lasting physical handicaps for him. NO ONE.

However, are you trying to tell me that rather than turn his head to look at Obama, if that was indeed physically difficult for him, he couldn't turn his whole body around? As in, plant his feet and turn everything to the left? Or at the end, when he was facing Obama physically......he couldn't turn his eyeballs in the man's direction? You're telling me he was unable to do that? What a crock of crap. Look at the photo. Obama is looking at him, grasping him with both hands and McCain is LOOKING THE OTHER DIRECTION. You can't explain that away with war injuries. That's just plain acting like a dick.

If you look, McCain is also using both hands.

What's your point?

However, are you trying to tell me that rather than turn his head to look at Obama, if that was indeed physically difficult for him, he couldn't turn his whole body around? As in, plant his feet and turn everything to the left? Or at the end, when he was facing Obama physically......he couldn't turn his eyeballs in the man's direction? You're telling me he was unable to do that? What a crock of crap. Look at the photo. Obama is looking at him, grasping him with both hands and McCain is LOOKING THE OTHER DIRECTION. You can't explain that away with war injuries. That's just plain acting like a dick.

Crap, I'm back.

Again, he would be turning his whole body away from the camera, the audience, and the host.

So what? By that one picture that captured a split second of their hand shake, means that he didn't make eye contact AT ALL with Obama?? Bullshit. There was a full eye contact at the end right as they shake hands.

This is the kind of shit we waste our time on? This is why this presidential election is turning out to be a joke, because THIS is what everyone gets worked up about!! This is why I have tried to lay off politics a bit lately, because it's lacking real conversation. I'm not very old, but this is the most embarrassing and immature election I have ever experienced, FROM BOTH PARTIES.

Why don't we focus on the issues instead of this nonsense.

Why do I bother?

If you look, McCain is also using both hands.

What's your point?

When someone is that close to me, grasping with both hands in such a warm greeting, why, personally, just me you know - well, and everyone else I know - we'd be directly meeting his eyes with our own.

Check it out next time you have occasion to shake someone's hands in that kind of grip.

Crap, I'm back.

Again, he would be turning his whole body away from the camera, the audience, and the host.

So what? By that one picture that captured a split second of their hand shake, means that he didn't make eye contact AT ALL with Obama?? Bullshit. There was a full eye contact at the end right as they shake hands.

This is the kind of shit we waste our time on? This is why this presidential election is turning out to be a joke, because THIS is what everyone gets worked up about!! This is why I have tried to lay off politics a bit lately, because it's lacking real conversation. I'm not very old, but this is the most embarrassing and immature election I have ever experienced, FROM BOTH PARTIES.

Why don't we focus on the issues instead of this nonsense.

Why do I bother?

All the major cable news outlets including the network news outlets commented on the fact that McCain didn't make eye contact with Obama during the debate. Are they all full of shit too? In fact in the forum thread where I was following the debate, when it was over, the first thing people talked about was how the body language was so off-putting. Furthermore, Jim Lehrer WANTED them to address each other. He told them both numerously to address their points to one another, not the camera. That is what the moderator wanted. Obama did that. McCain didn't. Why, I don't know.

BTW, that picture wasn't the only picture at the end where McCain isn't even looking at him. That was the best and clearest one I could find after a quick search.

All the major cable news outlets including the network news outlets commented on the fact that McCain didn't make eye contact with Obama during the debate. Are they all full of shit too?

Yes Liz they are because remember, every single news channel, including the national broadcast channels except for Fox News are all "biased liberal anti-American pro-gay illegal-immigrant child-aborting communists"

All the major cable news outlets including the network news outlets commented on the fact that McCain didn't make eye contact with Obama during the debate. Are they all full of shit too?

I went and watched the end where they shook hands, McCain looked straight at him before turning to Jim Lehrer.

Anyway, I'm so sick and tired of this bullshit election that I have decided to not vote for either, if I vote at all. I frankly don't give a shit who wins anymore, I just want it to be over.....now if only the fighting would stop after its over....haha, yea right!

That's it. Cut off your nose to spite your face. That's a good way to make sure things change around here. Do nothing! It's the American way!

I'm currently reading a book by Rick Shenkman that discusses just how fucked up Americans are when it comes to politics, civics, basic history and voter turnout. You'd be surprised to find out how many people share your "fuck it, I'll just stay home" view and just how dangerous a view it is.

I hope more people choose to get off their asses and vote rather than take your tack. This country has suffered enough because of it as it is.

That's it. Cut off your nose to spite your face. That's a good way to make sure things change around here. Do nothing! It's the American way!

I'm currently reading a book by Rick Shenkman that discusses just how fucked up Americans are when it comes to politics, civics, basic history and voter turnout. You'd be surprised to find out how many people share your "fuck it, I'll just stay home" view and just how dangerous a view it is.

I hope more people choose to get off their asses and vote rather than take your tack. This country has suffered enough because of it as it is.

Amen.

I went and watched the end where they shook hands, McCain looked straight at him before turning to Jim Lehrer.

Anyway, I'm so sick and tired of this bullshit election that I have decided to not vote for either, if I vote at all. I frankly don't give a shit who wins anymore, I just want it to be over.....now if only the fighting would stop after its over....haha, yea right!

Perhaps that was the exception that proves the rule

When someone is that close to me, grasping with both hands in such a warm greeting, why, personally, just me you know - well, and everyone else I know - we'd be directly meeting his eyes with our own.

Check it out next time you have occasion to shake someone's hands in that kind of grip.

You obviously missed my point.

You seemed so happy that Obama used both hands in that handshake...but you comepletely overlooked the fact that McCain did too.

You're obviously very biased. I'm just pointing that out to you

In my view (over here in the UK) It does'nt matter who wins this election. He'll be just another dummy having his strings pulled and being told what to say through an earpiece (just like dubbya has for the past 8 years) by the people who really call the shots.

In my view (over here in the UK) It does'nt matter who wins this election. He'll be just another dummy having his strings pulled and being told what to say through an earpiece (just like dubbya has for the past 8 years) by the people who really call the shots.

And who might those people be, pray tell?

Archived