If New Material Is Being Made........

DanelectroGod

I think it would be completely different - a new sound. If you listen to Page/Plant from 1998, there is nothing in there which you could easily compare to anything Zeppelin did. The O2 show, with the down-tuned guitars, had a much darker edge to it than before, I think that's the direction they would head.

I would hope to see a return to awesome riffs, Page was the best writer of riffs, eg LZ IV.

I think it would be completely different - a new sound. If you listen to Page/Plant from 1998, there is nothing in there which you could easily compare to anything Zeppelin did. The O2 show, with the down-tuned guitars, had a much darker edge to it than before, I think that's the direction they would head.

I would hope to see a return to awesome riffs, Page was the best writer of riffs, eg LZ IV.

I agree

It's gonna be Led Zeppelin(?) 2008.

We'll have to wait and see.

Regardless of whatever is released we're all gonna buy it, aren't we?

I'm tipping it'll go number one on the album charts around March 2009 as I don't think it would be released before that, I could be wrong.

In the past the only delays were caused by those damn album cover designers!

BTW kick arse riffs aren't restricted to just IV, listen to ALL their albums!

Also, the songs were keyed down for O2 for reasons too obvious for me to state here.

I was just using IV as an example of a riff-album but of course there were other great riffs later too...

While I know the de-tuning was for the sake of a certain someone, I think it gave the songs an interesting new feel, regardless.

Let me start with a disclaimer: If I know "Led Zeppelin", they simply will not make material that sounds anything like any of the albums they've done already... but for the sake of conversation:

I hope it's a cross-mutation between Led Zeppelin III and Presence... something that sounds really ///anxious/// and strung-o u t... anyone else get that feeling from those two albums?

I don't think they will quite be able to pull of the dark or raw elements of Led Zeppelin I or II because Plant's voice circa 1969 was absolutely crucial to that style... and Houses of the Holy and In Through The Out Door were a little too "pop" for my tastes... and they simply won't, nay - cannot - re-create Led Zeppelin IV...

So if they actually ever would want to sound like some of their other albums (chances are high that they won't sound like any of the previous albums, but for the sake of conversation), in my opinion that just leaves Led Zeppelin III and Presence to play with... I think a mutation of those two would be sweet...

Archived