Paul Newman Dies

longdistancewinner

Link

Movie legend Paul Newman dies, 83

Hollywood legend Paul Newman has died at the age of 83, his spokeswoman has confirmed.

Marni Tomljanovic said the blue-eyed star of films like Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid died on Friday of cancer. She gave no further details.

Newman was nominated for an Oscar 10 times, winning a best actor trophy in 1987 for The Color Of Money.

In May 2007, he said he was giving up acting because he could no longer perform to the best of his ability.

"I'm not able to work anymore... at the level that I would want to," he told US broadcaster ABC.

Earlier this year, he pulled out of directing a stage production of John Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men in Connecticut because of unspecified health problems.

:(

So sad. My thoughts are with his family.

How's it going all? Paul Newman was one of my father's as well as one of my most favorite actors of all time. I just played "The Rain Song" as a tribute to Paul Newman's memory and will now play the movie entitled "The Color Of Money" starring the late great Paul Newman, Tom Cruise and Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio. ROCK ON!

one of the greatest film actors ever.

since most will focus on the biggest hits, here is my homage to the others:

SLAPSHOT!

SLAPSHOT

somebody up there likes me

the verdict

the summation

HUD

they don't have to agree to nuthin' they're the LAW!

the hudsucker proxy

with charles durning

fort apache, the bronx

absence of malice

trailer

blaze

the politics

buffalo bill and the indians

^^Those last 2 movies are quite good and very underrated.

One of my favorite memories of Paul was his bit on Letterman... "Where the hell are the singing cats?" Never failed to make me smile.

A great man.

i am very upset and saddened that this world has lost such a great man. he was not only one of the best actors of all time, but his work setting up and running his charities was just so selfless. it must have pained him deeply to lose a son the way he did, but instead of letting it ruin his life , he did something positive instead. i also admire his commitment to joanne woodward, ( and hers to him ) he was imo THE most handsome and charismatic of men in his heyday, and could have had any woman or young starlet that he wanted. but he stayed loyal to joanne for 50 years. he was just a GREAT MAN and i will miss him dearly. i didnt know he was dying, and i coincidently just rewatched butch cassidy and the sundance kid a few days ago. man, he was so perfect in that role. if you can, get a hold of it on DVD, there is a nice interview with him on it.

R.I.P. Paul Newman.

It's very sad when someone who has made such a mark on the world leaves us but the memories live on...Paul Newman just seem to do it all right and look so smooth doing it.

Heaven is so full of angels to watch over us and keep us safe...

He had raised 200 million dollars for charity with his food products, thats amazing. on one of the news shows they had a photo of keith richards and paul newman at some event from a few yrs ago and richards is play punching him on the chin. it was a series of photos, was entertaining to see and nice to hear that richards had admired him and such.

Del, how appropriate. Wonderful clip from one of my favourite movies.

RIP Paul Newman. One of the best.

Yeah, that clip pretty much says it all doesn't it. No need for accalades or editorial. Just a glimpse of a man (the actor of course) sitting alone and contemplating his life.

For us fans those images are all we have left.

Here it is once again. Paul Newman singing Plastic Jesus from the film Cool Hand Luke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYqwYrbwHeM

It's very sad when someone who has made such a mark on the world leaves us but the memories live on...Paul Newman just seem to do it all right and look so smooth doing it.

Heaven is so full of angels to watch over us and keep us safe...

Holy shit, I haven't you in forever Memphis!

That being said, RIP Cool Hand Luke

Archived