I saw Jason singing last night

ledded1

I went to Kidderminster town hall for a Charity show in aid of spinal research which had an interestingline up including kevin Gammond of Band of Joy and Priory of Brion and Deborah Bonham

( Bonzo's sister)

Have to say i really struggled to get into the 2 KG songs he did, not what I expected, very psychedelic use of his guitar and the keyboard player. Still good to see him on stage.

I hadn't seen Deborah live before and was very impressed with her live show. I said to my mate that she reminded me of Maggie Bell crossed with Elkie Brookes in her Vinegar Joe days. Not a bad combination.

Well she was then joined by Robbie Blunt ( formely with Roberts first band post Zep) Great to see him again, I last saw him at the Honeydrippers show in 2007.

I saw Jason arrive when he walked right past me and he watched stage left. He was then invited on to the stage to sing with Deborah. And so there were two Bonhams on stage singing a duet. It was called "Hold on" ( I think)

And Jason can certainly carry a tune and it was a great double act. Jason then got behind the drum kit for a rousing "With a little help from my friends". :D

Just when we thought that was it they did Rock and Roll, full on in your face and it was just great. Two Bonhams and a Blunt playing Zep. B)

Deborah did say that her mum Pat was in the hall and she did give a wave.

I got to say a very quick HI to Jason as he came past me again, quick hand shake and he was gone but everyone knows every one in Kidderminster so he was talking to friends on his way out.

I spoke with Deborah, bought her new album Duchess and she signed it.

She said that she'd told Robert she would do the Zep tour as she had long wavy hair. I told her all she had to do was to grow a grey goatee and the gig should be hers she said she would try :D She was lovely to talk to. I didn't ask anything about Zep, didn't feel I should or need to, this was about her.

She looks so like Bonzo ( minus the facial hair of course)

My mate told her about the time he danced with Pat Bonham at the NEC in 1985 when Robert was appearing at a charity show and he asked if Pat would sign his DB cd and Deborah went off and got her mum to sign it. B) We didn't want to crowd Pat, lets not forget it would be a difficult week for her. But she was among friends in the town hall. She looked older than I expected but then I didn't know what to excpect but she was recognisable before we knew it really was her.

As I was at the bar I saw Maureen Plant walked in and stood near to me. She looked happy, seemed to know everyone and they all were having a good time.

I have never seen her before in the flesh so to speak. She too was easily recognisable.

As I was watching Ian Parker she came and stood next to me, nice. I didn't speak to her, I don't know her and it felt awkward to do so being a stranger to those parts :D

She spent the rest of the evening laughing and dancing with friends and at the end she followed us out of the hall.

Sadly I didn't take my camera :(

Anyway it was a damn fine evening, I heard Jason sing a duet with Deborah, we got Rock n Roll and saw Pat and Maureen.

All for £14 B)B)

I knew it!! I just knew he would turn up!!!

and he was singing.... OH GOD! I'm not a happy bunny

:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

I was going to go :'(

Glad you had a good night ledded...and the gig was a successful one.

oh miss h, im gutted for you. i know how i would feel if i were in your shoes and missed out on seeing jimmy or indeed, zep. you poor thing. ok guys, now you just HAVE tp play. for miss h!!!

oh miss h, im gutted for you. i know how i would feel if i were in your shoes and missed out on seeing jimmy or indeed, zep. you poor thing. ok guys, now you just HAVE tp play. for miss h!!!

Aww, thanks stz. The most devastating for me is that he sung. Hold On is a track from Deborah's Duchess album which she sings with Paul Rodgers. I just know Jason would of sounded fantastic...as indeed Paul stated in his post.

I just hope that something turns up on YouTube.

Anyway, don't want to distract or hijack Paul's thread...so I won't comment anymore. I'll just sit and sulk for the rest of the day ;)

I went to Kidderminster town hall for a Charity show in aid of spinal research which had an interestingline up including kevin Gammond of Band of Joy and Priory of Brion and Deborah Bonham

( Bonzo's sister)

~snip~

Anyway it was a damn fine evening, I heard Jason sing a duet with Deborah, we got Rock n Roll and saw Pat and Maureen.

All for £14 B)B)

what a damn fine post, ledded1! that's what i'm talking about! i could feel it as though i was there with you....very well written.

thank you!

Thanks for the review, ledded1, sounds like a great night, and well worth the price! I love those smaller gigs, too, and especially with this one being local, there must have been such a great atmosphere. It's great to hear that the Bonhams and Plants still hang out together after all this time. :)

I feel your pain, though, MissHD. :console: All I can say is that I'm sure there WILL be other times. It probably just wasn't meant to be.

All for £14 B)B)

Hey, so happy you got such a treat.

I bet you had a blast. These stories just make you have faith

that things are looking up, you know?

I've had to face too much darkness in my lifetime. This makes me feel happy, even though it's someone elses adventure. Thanks kindly for sharing.

All for £14 B)B)

OMG, things you guys get over there just for £14!!! :D AMAZING.... so many colourful descriptions of encounters from you guys lately, I feel like putting them all into a nice pretty book... THANK YOU.

It was a bigger thing for me in some ways I guess than the people of Kidderminster seeing Jason Deborah Pat and Maureen Robbie & Kevin etc as I am not local but they are and everyone seemed to know each other. It was a very nice atmosphere. B)

The two obvious outsiders weren't run out of town :D

Mind you there were plenty there older even than me and probably couldn't run that far :lol:

( Bonzo's sister)

Have to say i really struggled to get into the 2 KG songs he did, not what I expected, very psychedelic use of his guitar and the keyboard player. Still good to see him on stage.

I hadn't seen Deborah live before and was very impressed with her live show. I said to my mate that she reminded me of Maggie Bell crossed with Elkie Brookes in her Vinegar Joe days. Not a bad combination.

Well she was then joined by Robbie Blunt ( formely with Roberts first band post Zep) Great to see him again, I last saw him at the Honeydrippers show in 2007.

I saw Jason arrive when he walked right past me and he watched stage left. He was then invited on to the stage to sing with Deborah. And so there were two Bonhams on stage singing a duet. It was called "Hold on" ( I think)

And Jason can certainly carry a tune and it was a great double act. Jason then got behind the drum kit for a rousing "With a little help from my friends". :D

Just when we thought that was it they did Rock and Roll, full on in your face and it was just great. Two Bonhams and a Blunt playing Zep. B)

Deborah did say that her mum Pat was in the hall and she did give a wave.

I got to say a very quick HI to Jason as he came past me again, quick hand shake and he was gone but everyone knows every one in Kidderminster so he was talking to friends on his way out.

I spoke with Deborah, bought her new album Duchess and she signed it.

She said that she'd told Robert she would do the Zep tour as she had long wavy hair. I told her all she had to do was to grow a grey goatee and the gig should be hers she said she would try :D She was lovely to talk to. I didn't ask anything about Zep, didn't feel I should or need to, this was about her.

She looks so like Bonzo ( minus the facial hair of course)

My mate told her about the time he danced with Pat Bonham at the NEC in 1985 when Robert was appearing at a charity show and he asked if Pat would sign his DB cd and Deborah went off and got her mum to sign it. B) We didn't want to crowd Pat, lets not forget it would be a difficult week for her. But she was among friends in the town hall. She looked older than I expected but then I didn't know what to excpect but she was recognisable before we knew it really was her.As I was at the bar I saw Maureen Plant walked in and stood near to me. She looked happy, seemed to know everyone and they all were having a good time.

I have never seen her before in the flesh so to speak. She too was easily recognisable.

As I was watching Ian Parker she came and stood next to me, nice. I didn't speak to her, I don't know her and it felt awkward to do so being a stranger to those parts :D

She spent the rest of the evening laughing and dancing with friends and at the end she followed us out of the hall.

All for £14 B)B)

I'm a bit confused by your post Paul. Deborah is Bonzo's sister, her mum is Joan. Pat is her sister-in-law.

Thanks for the texts though and glad you had fun! ;)

I'm a bit confused by your post Paul. Deborah is Bonzo's sister, her mum is Joan. Pat is her sister-in-law.

I can't believe Paul's mix up didn't register with me!

I think I was too cut up about Jason..... ;):D

Got me bang to rights :o:) I knew that but I must have been thinking of Jason.

Where's my therapist???????? :blink::blink::blink:

For one cudo's for going to the charity show! How lucky are you, and very well behaved. It must have been truely hard not to ask about the boys, but like you said it was all about her. LUCKY!!

Archived