Robert Plant - Official Statement

sam_webmaster

• Administrators

This is an official statement from Robert, which I've posted on his website.

-Sam

---

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss are currently touring the USA on the last leg of their 'Raising Sand' tour. They played a benefit concert in Oklahoma City for victims of Hurricane Ike last Friday; Austin,Texas last Saturday and tomorrow they play Portland, Oregon before finishing the tour in Saratoga, California on October 5th.

After those dates, Robert has no intention whatsoever of touring with anyone for at least the next two years. Contrary to a spate of recent reports, Robert Plant will not be touring or recording with Led Zeppelin. Anyone buying tickets online to any such event will be buying bogus tickets.

“It‘s both frustrating and ridiculous for this story to continue to

rear its head when all the musicians that surround the story are keen to get on with their individual projects and move forward,” Robert Plant said.

“I wish Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham nothing but success with any future projects,” he added.

Good to finally have something official. It's a shame, but on the other hand it may be a good decision. If Zeppelin never plays another gig, ever, they will have gone out leaving the O2 show as a very strong final gig. Robert has his reasons for not wanting to tour, obviously, and none of us can begrudge him that. The alternative would be for him to tour but put in half-hearted performances, which no-one wants to hear.

If Jimmy, JPJ & Jason continue on, they should not call themselves Led Zeppelin. I do believe they would do something spectacular though, particularly with new recordings.

Thank goodness for this! No more speculation. Although I'm sure there will still be people saying will they or won't they? :huh: I'm a bit disappointed Robert won't be touring next summer (I thought for sure he'd be back out with Alison), but hopefully the 3J's will be touring by then.

Thank you Sam, for posting and pinning this.

Thank goodness that's put an end to all the speculation. Although I'm disappointed that Robert isn't on board, I'm not exactly surprised.

Anyway, no point dwelling on what might have been, it's far more exciting to contemplate what will be! Bring it on, Js - we can't wait to see what you've got! :D

Oh well, onwards and upwards i say.........although this means there wont be any Led Zeppelin, there should be other things coming out in the pipeline, it would be very nice for Jimmy to come out with something now, instead of denying that they have been meeting and possibly recording new material....dont leave us in limbo, we dont deserve that, and if the O2 Arena was the last show............well at least i was there lol. :D

Sad but its about time we heard something official. Two years is a long time though not to be touring. But he has toured quite extensively over the past few years with SS and AK

Perhaps now Jimmy Jonesy and Jason can get on with what they want to do and bring us some music and some shows.

This is an official statement from Robert, which I've posted on his website.

-Sam

---

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss are currently touring the USA on the last leg of their 'Raising Sand' tour. They played a benefit concert in Oklahoma City for victims of Hurricane Ike last Friday; Austin,Texas last Saturday and tomorrow they play Portland, Oregon before finishing the tour in Saratoga, California on October 5th.

After those dates, Robert has no intention whatsoever of touring with anyone for at least the next two years. Contrary to a spate of recent reports, Robert Plant will not be touring or recording with Led Zeppelin. Anyone buying tickets online to any such event will be buying bogus tickets.

“It‘s both frustrating and ridiculous for this story to continue to

rear its head when all the musicians that surround the story are keen to get on with their individual projects and move forward,” Robert Plant said.

“I wish Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham nothing but success with any future projects,” he added.

WOW! This is the final nail in the coffin from the hammer of The Golden God. Too bad for fans, but no one should be forced to do anything in life if your heart isn't it-and Robert's heart isn't in it....Life goes on.

:( so it's over now :(:(

I didn't know what to think anymore and almost believed that Sun story :angry:

I quess I finally have to believe and accept that I won't see Led Zeppelin during my lifetime. :(

It's not easy to give up something you have been dreaming of for almost 30 years.

I'm glad Robert has had the consideration for all concerned, especially fans, to make a clear and definitive statement regarding his position. Sure, I'm disappointed like everyone else, but looking at it from 360 degrees it is the best decision for the band's legacy. Jason excepted, I doubt whether they could have "at their ages" sustained the power and intensity of that O2 show over the scope of a tour of several months.

A tour with another singer does take the heat of expectations and should make a tour an enjoyable, less pressurised crucible for all who will be involved, whether under the guise of Led Zeppelin or not.

The optimist in me does hope that the statement only applies to "touring" and "recording" and does not eliminate entirely the possibility of further one off shows with Robert, for "good causes."

I think one aspect of this statement that confers a heavy heart beyond the obvious, is that Robert will not be touring in any form for two years. He is at the top of his game vocally and furthermore it is a shame there will be no Strange Sensation jaunts of any extent during this period.

A glowing salutary reason for trying to imbibe and absorb everything one experiences in life at the time and not dissipate one's attention as it unfolds.

Indi.

thanks for posting Sam.

Robert, thaankyou for letting us know your plans.

im gutted.

i was really, really full of hope that i would get to see the 02 lineup someday soon.

having never seen the original zeppelin, it would have been a dream come true for me.

i guess i can still hope that my dream will become a reality one day, but i fear my hopes are fading fast.

i would love to see jimmy john paul and jason perform, and i guess there is still no denial on that one, so i will cling to that.

Robert i wish you nothing but the best. happiness , health and love for your future, wherever it takes you.

Thank goodness for that and good luck to Robert in whatever he does.

At least the future is clearer?

So now it's Jimmy, Jonesy, Jason and whoever's turn to pick up the ball and run with it.

Who is this mystery singer, does Axl Rose live in florida??

All we need now is an official statement from the 3 J's one way or another and all will be settled once and for all.

A new album from a new band in the new year would be just the tonic.

One thing, his statement never said never and two years isn't such a long time so anything could happen, maybe a guest appearance once in a while?

I think if they do tour and record without Robert there is no more Robert, i mean even for one off occasions.... you either draw a line completly under it or you dont....... what pisses me off really is that releasing material on vinyl like TSRTS and Mothership etc shouldnt be allowed, its not new material, but it will still rake in the coffers for Mr Plant to which he must have agreed to, but if hes happy playing to concert halls instead of stadiums is up to him, i mean, he must know that when he's toured in the past he gets the best reaction when he does Zeppelin songs in his set. I, like everyone else reading the statement is very fucking pissed off, a phenomenon like Led Zeppelin should not be put to bed when it has the ability to be let loose again to dominate Live music, and to give something back to the younger generation that didnt have the chance to see and appreciate it. :(

Thank you Sam, for posting and pinning this.

Thank goodness that's put an end to all the speculation. Although I'm disappointed that Robert isn't on board, I'm not exactly surprised.

Anyway, no point dwelling on what might have been, it's far more exciting to contemplate what will be! Bring it on, Js - we can't wait to see what you've got! :D

Spot on, Lilith! :)

Plant said so but then when appear on stage with Jimmy, John Paul and John he will say : "Surprise . I'm home. Yeah. Ooooooooooooooooh oooooooooohhhh T's been a looong time since I rock and rolled"

If I were on Plant plae ( in his shoes I mean) it would be a greath exciting mo for me to sing that it had been a long time since I rock  and rolled.

HUGE, mistake on Plants part to not participate. A two yr break for a vocalist at his age , is a death sentence!!! His voice will do nothing but dteriorate. I hope they fire that chick at the Sun now, because that was ridiculous!!! But as usual, he takes the Zep money and runs, and screws the fans. Attack me all ya want, but thats how i feel.

Archived