Robert Plant - Official Statement

sam_webmaster

It wouldn't surprise me if Robert said he would not be a part of a Zeppelin tour as a rouse just to take the pressure off and have people pay attention to what he is doing now, without the bs.

He will tour with Zep again, when he is ready. The question if that happens is will he have missed the window of opportunity if the other band members start other projects.

Nah,...he's done. Never going to happen again.

:hysterical:

I think I said this before but maybe someone can confirm or deny (Knebby?? hint, hint?) I think everyone's over analyzing this.

From one of the local DJ's that spoke with Robert...he simply doesn't want to be a 'Rock Star' anymore! I don't think that's so hard to understand. Once you've reached the pinacle of success and then stepped back from the rock star role, why revisit it? He's just bopping around enjoying life! Maybe he likes the smaller, more intimate venues where he can be closer to the fans, maybe he likes the new fan base that don't expect him to be gyrating around the stage anymore, maybe he's just smelling the roses.

I'm as disappointed as any fan but I just don't understand why people can't relate to him feeling like that.

I think in so many cases it's just boiling down to the ages of some of the posters. No disrespect intended to any of them. Some have never really had a chance to experience the band and were so looking forward to doing so that it comes across as if they've been jilted. They should and eventually they will, understand how he feels PEACE :D

:hysterical:

I think I said this before but maybe someone can confirm or deny (Knebby?? hint, hint?) I think everyone's over analyzing this.

From one of the local DJ's that spoke with Robert...he simply doesn't want to be a 'Rock Star' anymore! I don't think that's so hard to understand. Once you've reached the pinacle of success and then stepped back from the rock star role, why revisit it? He's just bopping around enjoying life! Maybe he likes the smaller, more intimate venues where he can be closer to the fans, maybe he likes the new fan base that don't expect him to be gyrating around the stage anymore, maybe he's just smelling the roses.

I'm as disappointed as any fan but I just don't understand why people can't relate to him feeling like that.

I totally relate and accept his decision too. There's so many opportunities out there and my impression of Robert is if he's done something musically, he's more interested in doing something else rather than the same thing over and over. I think it's a great way to be. It's not meant as a negative on how he feels about Zep because I do believe he's very proud of what they did, but it ended in 1980 and for him, he's moved in different directions.

I think in so many cases it's just boiling down to the ages of some of the posters. No disrespect intended to any of them. Some have never really had a chance to experience the band and were so looking forward to doing so that it comes across as if they've been jilted. They should and eventually they will, understand how he feels PEACE :D

yeah, us younguns are taking it the hardest. :rolleyes::D

The 3 surviving members will have to answer to each other when the next one dies on why this Led Zeppelin get together couldn't go any further.

How could the dead one answer to anyone other than his maker? :rolleyes:

You mean you hope that Robert finds it. He is the one that is making it impossible.

no i mean i hope they find it. the TWO of them have ( apparently ) had a falling out, so the TWO of them need to find a middle ground. and oh god, i pray that they do.

The 3 surviving members will have to answer to each other when the next one dies on why this Led Zeppelin get together couldn't go any further.

There is a difference in resolving issues as friends and resolving issues as bandmates. Looking back on my 24 year (non-musical, boring) career, some of my best friends to this day are people that, for various personality issues, I could not stand working with. But now that we all have different jobs we love to get together and socialize. Back when we worked together, we wanted to get away from each other. Funny how life can turn out sometimes.

Archived