Robert Plant - Official Statement

sam_webmaster

I dunno. I think Joe Perry is quite a fine guitarist, and does resemble Jimmy at times but, his style is a little different. Nothing wrong with that. Lots of bootlegs have Robert sounding like Elvis for a moment. Maybe in Roberts world, groups who borrow from Zep is ripping them off or aping them but sounding like Elvis is a homage. Bit of a double standard.

And taking a pop song and dressing it up? Not a great place to be coming from? Ahem,...Tall Cool One. If that isn't pure pop schlock dressed up I don't know what is. I would rather listen to Bon Jovi's Dead or Alive rather than Tall Cool One anyday of the week.

ahhhh, robert isn't saying anything false. it's true, joe doesn't hide his admiration, when this came out, aerosmith were recording and had been recording top 40 songs written by others.

joe perry friggin' smokes in my opinion, and i've seen him ripped to the gills and just out of the gym.

tall cool one? at least it has jimmy page on it (and bonzo).....

Tall Cool One sounds more like a rockabilly pastiche than pop schlock to me. (I like it, anyway!)

Btw, my comment earlier regarding the date of this interview (and the water under the bridge) had in mind, apart from the O2, the tone of Robert's comments about Jason Bonham--who, undoubtedly, isn't Bonzo, but his and Robert's relationship has improved a whole lot since then.

Tall Cool One sounds more like a rockabilly pastiche than pop schlock to me. (I like it, anyway!)

Btw, my comment earlier regarding the date of this interview (and the water under the bridge) had in mind, apart from the O2, the tone of Robert's comments about Jason Bonham--who, undoubtedly, isn't Bonzo, but his and Robert's relationship has improved a whole lot since then.

i agree, but what is telling about the statements (and the tone) is how much the band paradigm depended on revolving twosomes: robert and bonzo, page and jones, page and plant, jones and bonham, plant and jones (ITTOD). i also thought it was authentic his display of loyalty to bonzo-so long after he has passed.

As has Jason's drumming.

IMHO, Robert's statement effectively ends any possibility for a Led Zeppelin reunion.

This may actually help insofar as potential dvd releases which have been considered.

Post O2,was the possibility highly likely or still quite remote that the four would collaborate on new material and/or discuss touring?How long after the O2 did the situation unravel to what the reality is today?

Post O2,was the possibility highly likely or still quite remote that the four would collaborate on new material and/or discuss touring?How long after the O2 did the situation unravel to what the reality is today?

Robert has said all along that there'd be no tour. Unfortunately the rumours have persisted throughout this period culminating in his recent statement. I don't see the situation as having 'unraveled' - as far as I can see it's been very consistent; Jimmy wants to collaborate, Robert doesn't.

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/19774117.html

Robert Plant talks Zeppelin and stuff

Jill Martin of MSG TV interviewed LED ZEPPELIN singer Robert Plant on Friday (January 25, 2008) during the halftime break of the Knicks and Sixers game at New York City's Madison Square Garden. Plant spoke about his most memorable performance at Madison Square Garden, his upcoming tour with and bluegrass superstar Alison Krauss, and the possibility of playing again with with Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham. "You never know what is around the corner," was Robert's reply regarding the ZEPPELIN reunion tour rumors.

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/19774117.html

Robert Plant talks Zeppelin and stuff

Jill Martin of MSG TV interviewed LED ZEPPELIN singer Robert Plant on Friday (January 25, 2008) during the halftime break of the Knicks and Sixers game at New York City's Madison Square Garden. Plant spoke about his most memorable performance at Madison Square Garden, his upcoming tour with and bluegrass superstar Alison Krauss, and the possibility of playing again with with Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham. "You never know what is around the corner," was Robert's reply regarding the ZEPPELIN reunion tour rumors.

So you have read the answer to the question as "yes world tour winter 2008" Not Roberts fault its yours mate. Please get a life.

So you have read the answer to the question as "yes world tour winter 2008" Not Roberts fault its yours mate. Please get a life.

Got one thank you. Sorry, it does not involve making excuses for make believe friends.

Run that one by me again please

Please get a life.

Got one thank you.

So you have read the answer to the question as "yes world tour winter 2008" Not Roberts fault its yours mate

Sorry, it (my life) does not involve making excuses for make believe friends

Please get a life.

Got one thank you.

So you have read the answer to the question as "yes world tour winter 2008" Not Roberts fault its yours mate

Sorry, it (my life) does not involve making excuses for make believe friends

still lost on the last part.

So there you have it walters walk.

Stop living in a fake world with fake friends who play fake music in fake bands :blink:

So fake off ;):lol:

Anita Miller: FECK YOU!

Elaine Miller: HEY!

Anita Miller: This is a house of lies!

Elaine Miller: Well there it is, your sister used the "F" word.

Young William: I think she said "feck."

Elaine Miller: What's the difference?

Young William: The letter "u."

B)

Archived