Robert Plant - Official Statement

sam_webmaster

It doesn't really end anything. In fact it does say that Jimmy, John Paul, and Jason are doing a project together. Which is confirmed for the first time. All it says is that he doesn't want to talk about it right now. Which is completely expected.

Didn't Jimmy say they weren't?

Did anyone really believe him?

Well even Robert's statement says...

their individual projects...

who knows... I just hope he goes wickedly eclectic

I listen to his Boleskine recording often

I'd prefer a solo, no singing (unless he was singing)

his solos within songs are incredible. I want more.

Think I'm a little biased? lol

You have to give Robert credit for addressing this instead of letting his fans twist in the wind. Not what most wanted to hear ok, but at least now we know.

:wacko:

It's nearly a year since the O2. The man has left Zeppelin fans twisting for ten months, literally through hurricanes.

"It's frustrating and ridiculous..." No shit, Sherlock... :rolleyes: 'Bout time he stepped in and stopped it; since he's literally the only one who could.

Anyway the clarification is certainly welcome, and I wish him happy trails in the future.

Bring on the Js! :cheer:

There could be plenty of reasonable explainations as to why he doesn't to be involved. Not all of them artistic. Health, being one reasonable one. Just thinking out loud

I was also thinking this as well.

Maybe he wants to rest, maybe it's his health, maybe he's doing some recording for some solo stuff or whatever the reason. I am sadden there will be no Led Zeppelin, but I respect his decision. I look forward to whatever Page, Jones and Jason are doing.

Maybe someday there maybe another one-off LedZep show, but for now I'll just enjoy life as is and maybe there'll be a DVD release of the O2 or some other live LedZep stuff for me to enjoy (just not greatest hits stuff - there's too much of that already).

B)

Well, once again my hopes have been dashed.

I am glad (i guess) that Robert has released an official statement (although, I have to admit that all the speculation is fun.) Thanks, sam, for posting it so promptly on here.

I can't help but be dissapointed, as I think most here propably are. I had the bad luck of being born slightly too late to see LZ perform. I was really hoping that i would be able to fulfill this life-long dream, but alas, I'm getting the feeling that it's not meant to be.

I can't help bust shake the feeling that the rest of my musical heros are going to pass on before I ever get to watch them weave their magic live. The all-too-soon recent death of Richard Wright (R.I.P.) has really put that in focus. I pray that all the LZ boys are in terrific health and stay that way. But no one knows what life has in store for these men. Sorry to be such a downer, a little morbid, maybe. But I feel I am mourning the loss of one of my biggest dreams.

The 3 J's will hopefully do something now. They seem to have Robert's blessing. I will anxiously await what they put out!

One more thing I think it's time they released the O2 gig officially now there'll be no new music involving Plant & the other 3 guy's.

Graham

I agree here, I would LOVE to be able to see this!!! and with all of the remasters that they've been releasing i think it's about time for something new.

"It's frustrating and ridiculous..." No shit, Sherlock... :rolleyes: 'Bout time he stepped in and stopped it; since he's literally the only one who could.

Utter bullshit. The other three have mouths and publicists too.

Your anti-Plant bias is the most childish and ridiculous I have seen on this forum, and that's really saying something.

It doesn't really end anything. In fact it does say that Jimmy, John Paul, and Jason are doing a project together. Which is confirmed for the first time.

Where?

No it doesn't. I find it absolutely amazing how people can read statements that are as clear as day like this one and make them seem ambiguous and saying something they aren't.

He wishes them well with any future projects - he DOES NOT say that those projects involve them working together.

That is down to THEM to announce. Is everyone gonna start clamouring for that now?

All it says is that he doesn't want to talk about it right now. Which is completely expected.

It absolutely DOESN'T say that. Jeez do you need him to SPELL it out for you?

Thanks Sam for posting Robert's official statement. This said it all for me:

It‘s both frustrating and ridiculous for this story to continue to

rear its head when all the musicians that surround the story are keen to get on with their individual projects and move forward,” Robert Plant said."

Unlike some, I'm not disappointed or upset about something that was not going to happen in the first place. The only thing I'm disappointed in is that we may not see or hear from Robert, the solo artist, for another two years. However, I'm excited about what Jimmy, Jonesy and Jason have planned whether it be together or separate projects.

The future is not bleak!!!! B)

releasing material on vinyl like TSRTS and Mothership etc shouldnt be allowed

That is a ridiculous statement.

but it will still rake in the coffers for Mr Plant

Actually, no.

a phenomenon like Led Zeppelin should not be put to bed when it has the ability to be let loose again to dominate Live music, and to give something back to the younger generation that didnt have the chance to see and appreciate it.

I never saw Elvis, should he be forced to un-die to give me that special concert I always wanted?? Listen, if you were the best burger flipper in the history of McDonalds, should you be forced to continue with that job even though you may want to move on to the drive in window?

Sure, it would be great if Led Zeppelin re-formed. But, they apparently aren't. Being pissed off and thinking they owe something to the younger generation is exactly what it wrong with the younger generation and their gimme gimme attitude. There are more than enough Led Zeppelin bootlegs in circulation for you to have more than you will ever listen to.

Edit: typo

I was careful not to get my hopes up after reading the Sun article and when I saw the name of this thread, I knew what was inside. :( On one hand I'm disappointed, but I'm also glad the legacy of Led Zeppelin won't come into question. As far as Page, Jones, and Jason, who knows, but the last official thing I saw was Page's statement in Toronto denying any recording. :( I'll admit to being pessimistic, but we've seen no official word from the three J's since then. I'd like to at least see an O2 DVD and or CD if nothing else and I don't see why that can't and should not happen. The O2 was billed as a one off gig and we got that, but it's real easy for us, myself included, to then hope for more.

I never saw Elvis, should he be forced to un-die to give me that special concert I always wanted?? Listen, if you were the best burger flipper in the history of McDonalds, should you be forced to continue with that job even though you may want to move on to the drive in window?

This one was my favorite. :D

All politics.

When was the last time that Robert Plant went for a 2 year stretch without doing some string of dates somewhere?

Is he saying that if next month he woke up from a dream, and had ideas for 10 great new songs, and a four piece band showed up at his door that really motivated his desire to perform that he wouldn't record with them and tour.

The facts:

Robert Plant's date book is open for the next two years and/or he has not committed to anything in that time frame.

The Speculation:

Robert plant has two years set aside for something. It would take two years to complete something of the magnitude of a Led Zeppelin Reunion. No other single event in Robert's career could be sustained for that length. Very few acts going today could.

Even if our previous hopes had come true, that the 3 J's were working on material and that Plant would join them after his current project to see how it went, that would mean that any talk of an album or tour would be seriously premature.

In that case if a tabloid made these announcements, then it would be the responsible thing to do for Robert to make a statement saying that there are no plans for a tour SO PLEASE TO ALL MY DEAR FANS, DON'T GET RIPPED OFF BUYING COUNTERFEIT TICKETS. See Robert does care.

The Bottom Line:

Robert Plant has always strongly denied any potential project until that project was confirmed. Look at the O2.A

Robert Plant has not even finished his project with AK, and has therefore not even had a chance to hook up with the 3 j's to see how it would work out.

so that leaves us in the same old place. "maybe he will, maybe won't"

To the naysayers... It's Robert Plant, you never know until it happens.

Great. :( Time for some lithium. :(

Sure you don't mean catnip?

It is good to have an official word from the Lion's mouth and does keep the wolves at bay which I never even thought there would be bogus tickets going on sale for an event that hasn't even hatched. It's still odd to me that those articles and things come out like that and interesting that corrections can be found on here quicker than in the media but I'm still hopeful as always...more so since in the statement did say the next two years or so and since the other camps haven't chimed in and since all this news comes during mercury in retro... and because I'm a good little patient fan that doesn't give up the ghost til the bittersweet end.

But I'm just enjoying the ride and open to whatever twist and turns and directions it leads...pretty much like we all secretly are.

Gosh sure do adore Robert Plant no matter what he does or doesn't do... B)

The nails may seem to be in the coffin for now, but maybe Robert wants to see if the others are serious about touring and possibly putting out worthy material? Robert has toured and recorded the most in the last 28 years. He has carved himself a decent niche on his own. The others need to prove themselves that they can do this in a serious manner. Do I think they can? I most certainly do! But they must not let a full year go by before it comes to fruition. Strike in the Spring!

I still feel that they will win "event of the year" at the Classic Rock Mag Awards in November....WOW what tension will be seen if Page, Jones, Bonham, and Plant go up and receive the award together, following todays statement. This stuff is great....it keeps the blood boiling and the heart hoping....Never Boring!

All politics.

When was the last time that Robert Plant went for a 2 year stretch without doing some string of dates somewhere?

Is he saying that if next month he woke up from a dream, and had ideas for 10 great new songs, and a four piece band showed up at his door that really motivated his desire to perform that he wouldn't record with them and tour.

The facts:

Robert Plant's date book is open for the next two years and/or he has not committed to anything in that time frame.

The Speculation:

Robert plant has two years set aside for something. It would take two years to complete something of the magnitude of a Led Zeppelin Reunion. No other single event in Robert's career could be sustained for that length. Very few acts going today could.

Even if our previous hopes had come true, that the 3 J's were working on material and that Plant would join them after his current project to see how it went, that would mean that any talk of an album or tour would be seriously premature.

In that case if a tabloid made these announcements, then it would be the responsible thing to do for Robert to make a statement saying that there are no plans for a tour SO PLEASE TO ALL MY DEAR FANS, DON'T GET RIPPED OFF BUYING COUNTERFEIT TICKETS. See Robert does care.

The Bottom Line:

Robert Plant has always strongly denied any potential project until that project was confirmed. Look at the O2.A

Robert Plant has not even finished his project with AK, and has therefore not even had a chance to hook up with the 3 j's to see how it would work out.

so that leaves us in the same old place. "maybe he will, maybe won't"

To the naysayers... It's Robert Plant, you never know until it happens.

What part of "Its frustrating and ridiculous" did you not understand? :huh:

Archived