Robert Plant - Official Statement

sam_webmaster

And to the many who don't want to hear any more about comments and opinions on roberts official statement then it's pretty easy. you should not open this forum. Isn't that why threads are titled so you know what's in there before you go. There are many other forums to choose from. I don't read the cartoon section because i don't like cartoons. If you don't want to hear opinions on robert's statement then don't read the thread that's enttitled Replying to Robert Plant Official Statement.

Sorry, but it seems a nobrainer.

Here's what seems a no brainer--what people are sick of is the fighting and insults, not the comments and opinions. The thread isn't called Smack Talk on Robert Plant's Official Statement.

I loved the Unledded project a lot too. I thought it was fantastic how they infused the middle eastern/north African sounds into the songs - worked incredibly well and equally great to see live! And I do love his solo work - I have a lot of respect for him not resting on his laurels and venturing into many diverse musical territories.

Robert did the coke commercial for the same reason according to an interview he gave with Kurt Loder in 1988 for MTV. Just a way for him to reach more fans.

Don't recall that one. If it works...

He does travel many roads. Makes me wonder where he'll go next. He's been on so many paths already. If he doesn't want to go back to zep maybe he has something new planned.

Here's what seems a no brainer--what people are sick of is the fighting and insults, not the comments and opinions. The thread isn't called Smack Talk on Robert Plant's Official Statement.

I guess everyone reads the words in their own way.

I guess everyone reads the words in their own way.

Some of the words used about Robert Plant, and the words posters have used about each other, don't leave room for a whole lot of ambiguity. :huh: If you've got the stomach for it, check back over the past 40 pages!

Happy to hear that as I've just not come across them in my readings!

There's actually a lovely interview that I picked up years ago on cd (I think it came with the reissue of The Press Reports) where Jimmy's talking about working with Robert versus Paul Rodgers and he says in no uncertain terms that Robert is the more enjoyable singer to work with because he's "a vocal gymnast." I think there are fewer moments like this though because Jimmy tends to give fewer interviews and to concentrate on techie sorts of things even in the few that he gives.

I loved the Unledded project a lot too. I thought it was fantastic how they infused the middle eastern/north African sounds into the songs - worked incredibly well and equally great to see live! And I do love his solo work - I have a lot of respect for him not resting on his laurels and venturing into many diverse musical territories.

Robert did the coke commercial for the same reason according to an interview he gave with Kurt Loder in 1988 for MTV. Just a way for him to reach more fans.

I to enjoyed this tour, although JPJ was sorely missed. Michael Lee was adequate, but Charlie Jones was horrible! The songs lacked that "bottom" end groove that Zeppelin was known for. Felt like I was listening to U2's rythum section; clean and weak. This wasn't the case at the 02 however, absolutely brilliant!! :D

I to enjoyed this tour, although JPJ was sorely missed. Michael Lee was adequate, but Charlie Jones was horrible! The songs lacked that "bottom" end groove that Zeppelin was known for. Felt like I was listening to U2's rythum section; clean and weak. This wasn't the case at the 02 however, absolutely brilliant!! :D

You've got that right. The bottom end was missing for sure

And They Both Sound Like Do-Do

Compaired to what? Them in the 60's 70's 80's???

I saw the Who last year and they rocked.... I have seen the stones 20+ times in the last 20 years and never been disappionted.

Everyone gets older, or they die. Those are our 2 choices.

The Stone and Who choose to hit the road and rock and roll. They are not some Oldies show as some suggest and the people who pay to see them seem to enjoy it.

If you think that the millions of fans who tried to go to O2 would'nt feel the same way seeing Led Zeppelin I KNOW YOUR WRONG.

And if you think that millions of fans wont't go see the J's (and love every minute of it) again I think your wrong.

There's actually a lovely interview that I picked up years ago on cd (I think it came with the reissue of The Press Reports) where Jimmy's talking about working with Robert versus Paul Rodgers and he says in no uncertain terms that Robert is the more enjoyable singer to work with because he's "a vocal gymnast." I think there are fewer moments like this though because Jimmy tends to give fewer interviews and to concentrate on techie sorts of things even in the few that he gives.

Oh I would love to find that. That's a good point Allison that I never thought of which is he doesn't give a lot of interviews and those he does tend to focus on the more technical/production angles.

The point of the show was to play the Zep songs in a completely different manner so it naturally wouldn't have the same "bottom" end you felt was missing. Will disagree that Charlie Jones was horrible - he's a great and accomplished musician.

No, according to the greeting on their 800 number, they are now backed by the strength and security of J.P. Morgan Chase.

I know,I was being silly.I applied for a WaMu card a couple of months ago and I never heard back from them....Poof,up in smoke! :o Robert probably banks with RBS anyway :lol:

Oh I would love to find that. That's a good point Allison that I never thought of which is he doesn't give a lot of interviews and those he does tend to focus on the more technical/production angles.

I'll try to find it and get back to you. I was also just thinking that journalists tend to ask Robert about Jimmy more than the reverse--rather odd!

I'll try to find it and get back to you. I was also just thinking that journalists tend to ask Robert about Jimmy more than the reverse--rather odd!

That'd be great thanks! It is a bit odd that more journalists ask Robert about Jimmy and not vice versa!

Strange Sensation did do a cover of If I were a carpenter :D

Now your talking .... that's a far better song for Robert to be singing on his solo career .then rearranging led zeppelin songs .awesome work ;glad to see your coming to your senses now.I knew you didn't really like the led zeppelin songs given the hill billy treatment. :thumbsup:

what is your problem?are you pissed that you weren't named with nine lives and ledded 1 ?Do like the hill billy style versions of led zeppelin songs too.Look the majority of people can see the issue here .Robert has been rearranging led zeppelin songs with the last 3or 4 bands he;s played with .Robert has constantly said no to led zeppelin reunions /gigs etc (except for the 02) He constantly claims to be moving in new musical direction;if that be the case for Christ sake move on; why play songs from a time when days of old and years of old and magic filled the air. How many more times /phases in his life do we watch him rearrange these songs to suit the vocal range that is slowly losing it's prime .How many versions /rearrangements of led zeppelin songs do the (Robert's solo career) fans want to hear ?These are the remaining years of his life that when in a public performance situation that he should be trying as many fresh ideas as possible. The Legacy of Robert will be his constant progression in musical direction ;That is his call and the majority of people are happy for him and that call. :cheer:

Have you ever heard a live Led Zeppelin performance of Communication Breakdown? How about Dazed and Confused? Or Whole Lotta Love, or How Many More Times, or No Quarter, or maybe even an acoustic Dancing Days? Part of the beauty of Led Zeppelin was there ability to rearrange songs and take them in different directions.

Have you heard the Page/Plant live Kashmir? Or their acoustic No Quarter? Oh, how about their acoustic Dazed and Confused? It was a one off performance. Jimmy apparently participated in the re-arrangement of these songs. Why no hate for him?

Why would it be strange for this activity to stop from any of them.

To answer your question, fans will tire of Plant's re-arrangement of songs when he shows up to do a concert and there is no one there.

Archived