Robert Plant - Official Statement

sam_webmaster

Blimey, people really aren't bothering to read the statement properly, are they?

I've just come from another band's forum where there are already "Ah that means they will tour in 2010!" type remarks. Unbelievable.

As others have said - disappointing for those of us that weren't fortunate to see O2 Zep or 68-80 Zep.

However, life goes on. Clearly Robert and the J's have plenty of music left in them, individually or collectively (the J's?). So, this is not the end of anything -it's a continuing and unfolding journey.

Whether it's new Plant/Krauss, Strange Sensation, new music (hopefully) from Page, Jones & Bonham, or previously unreleased shows turning up on bootleg, Led Zeppelin will live on.

Good on Robert for speaking out - my own view is that he's done the right thing.

Robert said it was a one off concert. He did make the "mistake" of saying you never know whats around the corner. Which for some meant yes, for some reason.

He is pretty clear here.

I too recall Robert saying that when the O2 concerts were announced-he made no commitments of anything in the immediate or near future other than his tour with Alison Krause. I don't see where he left fans twisting in the wind as to his future plans re: Led Zeppelin.

This is an official statement from Robert, which I've posted on his website.

-Sam

---

“It‘s both frustrating and ridiculous for this story to continue to

rear its head when all the musicians that surround the story are keen to get on with their individual projects and move forward,” Robert Plant said.

“I wish Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham nothing but success with any future projects,” he added.

........I am very proud of Robert for not "repeating" the Legendary Led Z...... on the road over and over again on tour. Robert Plant, of his Solo 80's career, has admitted to the press for redundancy (despite his success!). All of remaining LZ are definitely older and wiser, and we as fans should respect their collective/individual decisions.

Personally, it would make better sense if some other Solo Singer "invited" rest of the LZ to tour with him/her, as oppose to the other way around. In this way they can still play LZ music and other music. (I don't think LZ fans are prepared for separation in any way whatsoever)

...and I wouldn't be surprised if Robert Plant joined this newly formed group somewhere occasionally, ie. for charity

Of Course legally/culturally speaking the new group cannot be called L.Z. In Fact at most it should be addressed much like RP/All. K. collaboration.

[This is good closure, though I fear its only a matter of time before the conspiracy theorists start claiming that Robert was simply playing mind games with us in an effort to "trick" us into thinking that hes not re-joining the J's, just so when they do tour we'll all be extra suprised][ :angry: ]

This is an official statement from Robert, which I've posted on his website.

-Sam

---

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss are currently touring the USA on the last leg of their 'Raising Sand' tour. They played a benefit concert in Oklahoma City for victims of Hurricane Ike last Friday; Austin,Texas last Saturday and tomorrow they play Portland, Oregon before finishing the tour in Saratoga, California on October 5th.

After those dates, Robert has no intention whatsoever of touring with anyone for at least the next two years. Contrary to a spate of recent reports, Robert Plant will not be touring or recording with Led Zeppelin. Anyone buying tickets online to any such event will be buying bogus tickets.

“It‘s both frustrating and ridiculous for this story to continue to

rear its head when all the musicians that surround the story are keen to get on with their individual projects and move forward,” Robert Plant said.

“I wish Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham nothing but success with any future projects,” he added.

And I hope everyone has a really nice week. Saratoga should be lovely this time of year for those who will be going, and in Portland the leaves will be getting their color, so have fun. We got our first rain of the season in southern California this morning, so it is definitely autumn in California.

Well... that is the categorical denial I've been waiting for. I won't bring it up again.

:mellow: Thought that it was too good to be true.... ( obviously not too good to be true for Robert Plant as he doesn't want any of it!)...Actually, who can blame him. He's been there and now he is another place. He is such a legend that I think I just need to actually SEE him ( and I would rather see him happy than sad!)... so I will keep my eyes peeled .... and maybe take up puppy breeding. Bet he goes for a "cairn"... a "Norfolk" or a "lurcher!" Back to watching my Song Remans The Same video then!! :rolleyes:

ROBERT PLANT Shoots Down LED ZEPPELIN Reunion Rumors

Robert Plant has shot down reports that LED ZEPPELIN will reunite for a one-off memorial concert in honor of their late record company boss.

A report was published earlier in the week suggesting that Robert Plant, guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones will re-group alongside John Bonham's son Jason for a special concert in memory of Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun in London.

A source was quoted as saying, "Page, Plant and Jones spoke and agreed to do the memorial concert. They are waiting for a definite date.

"And no one can quite believe it, but during discussions about the concert they all gave the green light to a tour if it all does well and they don't all fall out."It has been hoped for and denied for years. But this is the closest they have ever come to a reunion tour. The feeling is that this is going to happen next year."

Speaking at a press conference for the upcoming Rockwave festival — which is scheduled to be held June 29, July 1 and July 3 in Athens, Greece — Plant insisted that he hadn't heard anything about the rumored ZEPPELIN reunion and jokingly added, "If there was one, then there wouldn't be enough doctors to support it!"

Ertegun died in December 2006 after seven weeks in a coma following a fall at a ROLLING STONES concert.

- June 28, 2007

Tell the truth, when you read the first line, you thought it was referring to the current situation

Well, it's safe to say that all did go well as far as the O2, and they did FALL OUT. At least one of them did! ;)

I think it's stupid how he says all the members of the group are focused and ready to move forward on their "own" "individual" projects when the fact is he is the only one not concerned about Led Zeppelin. But hey the fact is speculation won't end and it never will in regards to a Led Zeppelin reunion tour until another one of them is dead, when your as big as Led Zeppelin and only have one concert that so far has only legally been seen/heard by the 20,000 that went. Well this looks like we will have an o2 release.

I am thankful for the official statement as now I can officially stop wishing and hoping in vain for a reunion tour. I love JP, JPJ AND RP, whether together or separate, and I appreciate and cherish their past music and excitedly look forward to any music they give us (individually or in any combination) in the future!

Thank you Sam.

Thank you Robert. Now folks can move on.

The hints were certainly there. Now, in my mind throwing that mike at the end of the O2 DID say something! :P

Also he was saying "This would be a lovely place to retire," while touring with Krauss.

AND, he's "shopping for a dog." Sounds like he will be living happily at home, away from everyone.

I am sooo thankful that he made an official announcement.

GOOD FOR YOU Robert!!! :kiss::kiss:

Stay true to yourself, your heart, and your peace of mind.

:):beer:

And have a nice long rest, so well deserved.

Indeed! I was thinking the exact same thing. Also, during Kashmir when he sang the line "I will return again" he looked right at Jimmy and then whipped his head arround quickly as if to say don't think so! Check it out, it's pretty telling IMO.

It said it all.

I suppose you are one of the lucky ones that saw it thrown! I must read up and find out what people actually thought of the gig. I wonder if he looked pxxxxd off when he threw it.. or just relieved to have got it all out of the way..... "Only them what wus really there will know fer sher". :D

I suppose you are one of the lucky ones that saw it thrown! I must read up and find out what people actually thought of the gig. I wonder if he looked pxxxxd off when he threw it.. or just relieved to have got it all out of the way..... "Only them what wus really there will know fer sher". :D

Is this on a youtube clip? I think I've seen them all but I don't remember seeing this...

Utter bullshit. The other three have mouths and publicists too.

Your anti-Plant bias is the most childish and ridiculous I have seen on this forum, and that's really saying something.

Jimmy, John and Jason have have all said in various ways, dating back to January, that they are willing and able to perform as Zeppelin, but must wait for Robert. Jimmy said most recently, it takes four to be Zeppelin. We know the other three are working together; most people realize the fourth is Plant.

The timing of this announcement was clearly meant not to interfere with Plant's current solo project, which is just now drawing to a close. The drama of his silence up to now has stirred interest in his work this year, as well, just the sort of thing a man with a lifetime's experience in the music business would know perfectly well. Or are we to believe he's wet behind the ears?

Now, I've checked the forum guidelines, and they don't say I must see Plant in a certain glowing light or keep my opinion to myself. Calling people ridiculous and childish is a personal attack, and that is against the guidelines.

In future, if you can't answer a point of discussion directly, kindly keep your personal insults to yourself.

Bring on the Js! :cheer:

Jimmy, John and Jason have have all said in various ways, dating back to January, that they are willing and able to perform as Zeppelin, but must wait for Robert. Jimmy said most recently, it takes four to be Zeppelin. We know the other three are working together; most people realize the fourth is Plant.

The timing of this announcement was clearly meant not to interfere with Plant's current solo project, which is just now drawing to a close. The drama of his silence up to now has stirred interest in his work this year, as well, just the sort of thing a man with a lifetime's experience in the music business would know perfectly well. Or are we to believe he's wet behind the ears?

Now, I've checked the forum guidelines, and they don't say I must see Plant in a certain glowing light or keep my opinion to myself. Calling people ridiculous and childish is a personal attack, and that is against the guidelines.

In future, if you can't answer a point of discussion directly, kindly keep your personal insults to yourself.

Bring on the Js! :cheer:

He is "literally" the only person who could have cleared up that issue???

Look up the word "literally".

They all know that Robert is not involved. It is THEIR project. Why were they unable to say that? Oh Jeez let me think.....................

Oh and welcome back to my posts. :rolleyes:

Thanks, Robert, for a straight-up statement, and thanks, Sam, for pinning it.

It's unbelievable how so many people are managing to read it and see something that isn't there ("tour in 2010!"), and how many people are managing to slag Robert off for not doing something he never said he was going to do--but it's still good that he took the time to set the record straight, even if it gets twisted in transmission.

Two years, though? :boohoo:

Archived