Robert Plant - Official Statement

sam_webmaster

The English prof in me can't help pointing out that

APOLOGIST=

NOUN:

A person who argues in defense or justification of something, such as a doctrine, policy, or institution.

Not somebody who apologizes for something or somebody. Subtle distinction.

All right, carry on.

Bitter-sweet news, an official statement by Robert Plant was a great thing to put closure into the rumours. We can still look forward to having Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham making new material. Robert Plant is still an awesome guy whom had his reasons for not touring with Zeppelin now. He gave his best wishes to the other band members and their future plans and I too am looking forward to seeing and hearing new material from them.

“It‘s both frustrating and ridiculous for this story to continue to

rear its head when all the musicians that surround the story are keen to get on with their individual projects and move forward,” Robert Plant said.

“I wish Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham nothing but success with any future projects,” he added.

I'm glad RP said something.

I'm ready for whatever the Three J's have up their sleeves.

Bring it.

Yeah, I've heard some of the new Queen and you're right. It is not Queen.

You're also right... Plant is not my cup of tea. Never was. In fact, the best thing he's done, IMO, post-zep, was No Quarter (Page/Plant Unledded) and Walking into Clarksdale, which was subpar on its own.

I've never been a Plant fan, and even less so for his constant remarks about Led Zeppelin pre-O2. Leading up to O2, during O2, and immediately after O2, it seemed that Plant had changed his mind.

Now he's back to being the David Gilmour of Led Zeppelin... all well.. screw him.

So open up a bottle

Take it down the hatch

No more Led Zeppelin

It's high-time we cracked

I take it nathan that with your seeming intense dislike of Robert that if he had decided to reform with Jimmy and Jonesy you wouldn't have gone to see the band live as his very presence ( no pun intended) would have been upsetting to you.

Or would I be wrong in calling it hipocrytical of you if you had?

Just checking.

Are you sure you arent the brother of someone else here on the board?

Look at it his(Robert's) way....If you were divorced for years from the love of your life (11 years worth married to Led Zeppelin) and then years later(in December 2007) had a quick fling (the O2 arena). The fling was great, a one night stand, that brought back for a fleeting few moments old memories and old times revisited. BUT, the reality is you have grown past that relationship, you have matured. It doesn't really exist anymore, except in memory. Your tastes have changed, mellowed with age. You don't see things the same as you did. You may not have anything in common with your old love. It's history-past-passe-gone- bye bye-done moved on. I, see Robert's point, and the selfish part of me wants the old days back-when Led Zeppelin ruled the world, BUT-it is over, and those of you who have seen them in person-be grateful. Those of us who could've many times, but did not-Oh well. Shit happens in life. Enjoy your albums, CD's and MP3's and say....Auld Lang Zyne.

Thanks to Robert for confirming his non-involvement in any Zeppelin -related recording and touring. While I am extremely disappointed that it's not going to happen, I wish Robert all the best in his professional & personal life.

My sentiments exactly. I'm pretty crushed by RB's statement, but I'm still looking forward to the 3 J's new projects.

what do we all think of knebbys new sig??????

I've got it!

Stephen Stills is the mystery singer!

The clues are there, he is old enough to retire to Florida, has connections with Page in the past, they both record with the same record co. albeit on different labels.

Look at it his(Robert's) way....If you were divorced for years from the love of your life (11 years worth married to Led Zeppelin) and then years later(in December 2007) had a quick fling (the O2 arena). The fling was great, a one night stand, that brought back for a fleeting few moments old memories and old times revisited. BUT, the reality is you have grown past that relationship, you have matured. It doesn't really exist anymore, except in memory. Your tastes have changed, mellowed with age. You don't see things the same as you did. You may not have anything in common with your old love. It's history-past-passe-gone- bye bye-done moved on. I, see Robert's point, and the selfish part of me wants the old days back-when Led Zeppelin ruled the world, BUT-it is over, and those of you who have seen them in person-be grateful. Those of us who could've many times, but did not-Oh well. Shit happens in life. Enjoy your albums, CD's and MP3's and say....Auld Lang Zyne.

Thats a good analogy.

I can't very imagine having a one night stand with my ex wife though :blink::D

Look at it his(Robert's) way....If you were divorced for years from the love of your life (11 years worth married to Led Zeppelin) and then years later(in December 2007) had a quick fling (the O2 arena). The fling was great, a one night stand, that brought back for a fleeting few moments old memories and old times revisited. BUT, the reality is you have grown past that relationship, you have matured. It doesn't really exist anymore, except in memory. Your tastes have changed, mellowed with age. You don't see things the same as you did. You may not have anything in common with your old love. It's history-past-passe-gone- bye bye-done moved on.

He can keep his personal life to himself. It's none of our business.

I've got it!

Stephen Stills is the mystery singer!

The clues are there, he is old enough to retire to Florida, has connections with Page in the past, they both record with the same record co. albeit on different labels.

reggie, i was thinking the same thing. wiki says ( i know its not reliable sometimes, but..... ) he spent his youth in florida, went to uni there, and was in politics there recently. it also says that he was diagnosed with prostate cancer. do you know how he is doing with that? have you heard him sing recently at all?

Like many, I am bummed. Unfortunately I was only 4 when they broke up and have hoped since I was a teenager that I would see them. Despite this, I am happy that there has finally been an official statement from a band member and as someone mentioned, there are more important things in life to worry about.

So... will there be a press conference or official statement from the remaining members on this new project?

I'm happy Robert has released a statement. I totally support and respect his decision. I wouldn't want them to all reunite if all of their hearts weren't into it. I'm sad at the thought of waiting two years for him to tour again and hoping that won't be the case :boohoo:

Amazing though how people were on Robert's case to issue some sort of statement, so now he does and he's still slagged. :(

He has also stated that he is not going to tour with anyone for two years, so people can officially stop blaming Alison/Nashville/Southern cooks/Baptists, etc. And to those of you screaming obscenities at Alison in St. Louis and Austin :angry:

Analogy:

1. a similarity between like features of two things, on which a comparison may be based: the analogy between the heart and a pump.

If he needs his heart checked then he should go see a cardiologist. He'll probably advise him to lower his cholesterol and decrease his intake of alcohol.

Robert's decision was an absolute "no-brainer" on his part. He is an artist with integrity, one of the very few left amongst us.

We are the ones with the "Zep issues" - not Robert. Never has been.

To the "Sun" rag newspaper - "You're dispicable and a disgrace. So many hopes were raised on your miserable existance as a rag....lying for money grabbing headlines. Lie with sewer rats now you bastards."

Archived