Robert Plant - Official Statement

sam_webmaster

If I were interested in his personal life then I would have asked.

That analogy had nothing to do with his personal life. I was strictly making the point about how he feels about reconnecting with his past as a member of Led Zeppelin. Sheesh! Open your closed mind.

If he needs his heart checked then he should go see a cardiologist. He'll probably advise him to lower his cholesterol and decrease his intake of alcohol.

Aren't you pleasant.

PlantOneOnMe was likening Robert's dalliances with Zeppelin post-1980 as to that of being reunited with an ex-wife. It was a good marriage, but it ended and somehow the magic you once had is no longer there. It's a good analogy. Robert is known to have used that one as well.

Perhaps if you don't have anything nice to say, you shouldn't say it at all?

Yes, I believe you did miss the point totally. :blink:

LOL. Lost in translation.... :D

Meh. It only means I won't be that crazy about a Zep reunion tour then. More likely wait instead for RP/AK to land near the lakeshore again. Sorry just that I don't have to see a Zep tour, but have to see Robert Plant if he comes this way. I think you've put it well P1OM. I think, and this is just me, had John Bonham lived to this day, Zep would still be Zep. But no more. Robert Plant seems to me to be firm on a Zeppelin that has John Bonham in it (the four of them for that matter). Hey they sure left indellible mark to the minds of rock fans. I'm cool with that. I may even be more cool with the memories of the young Zep as they were than grandad Zep. The Golden God is done moved on, as people do. I am just happy he's still making music, and hope he does so for many more years. Cheers to you Mr. Plant, you're forever the only Golden God!

Aren't you pleasant.

PlantOneOnMe was likening Robert's dalliances with Zeppelin post-1980 as to that of being reunited with an ex-wife. It was a good marriage, but it ended and somehow the magic you once had is no longer there. It's a good analogy. Robert is known to have used that one as well.

Perhaps if you don't have anything nice to say, you shouldn't say it at all?

Thank you longdistancewinner. Someone on this board has some common sense and doesn't bite people's heads off. I guess eternal light is really pissed off about Robert's decision. I find it interesting how(aside from everything else about my analogy and how it was totally misconstrued ) is : Personal photos of Robert, naked, raunchy or otherwise can be posted on here, but they cry "do not talk about Robert's personal life". It cracks me up, especially when my post had nothing to do with his personal life in the first place.

Thank you longdistancewinner. Someone on this board has some common sense and doesn't bite people's heads off. I guess eternal light is really pissed off about Robert's decision. I find it interesting how(aside from everything else about my analogy and how it was totally misconstrued ) is : Personal photos of Robert, naked, raunchy or otherwise can be posted on here, but they cry "do not talk about Robert's personal life". It cracks me up, especially when my post had nothing to do with his personal life in the first place.

Analogies and metaphors don't seem to get through very well around here. :D

You're welcome :)

Robert is within his perfect right to decide how and what he should to with his time. And if Zeppelin isn't what he wants to do, who are we to say otherwise?

In fact, I think he clearly still respects and regards the Zeppelin fans or else he wouldn't have released a statement. If only some of us could do the same.

:P

I think Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, and Jason Bonham will meet my expectations quite well.

Would've been better if they had Plant, but considering he's decided to be... oh wait...excuse me... let me stop myself before I commit the big sin of saying something negative about Robert Plant, the Messiah... I'm supposed to apologize for Plant here as it is, after all, the Robert Plant forum (wait... what? :blink::angry: ). Woe on me for being angry at him, right?

:rolleyes:

You know, on the other hand, Robert's lyrics as of late (that is, Mighty Rearranger and such) haven't really been that good... maybe the J's are better off... maybe they'll find someone who still has their lyrical ability intact and will do a lot better then they could have done with Plant...

(Uh oh... God help me... I just used a "sour grapes excuse"... I must really be pissed... should I put on my bullet-proof outfit, now?)

:console:

I think if they do tour and record without Robert there is no more Robert, i mean even for one off occasions.... you either draw a line completly under it or you dont....... what pisses me off really is that releasing material on vinyl like TSRTS and Mothership etc shouldnt be allowed, its not new material, but it will still rake in the coffers for Mr Plant to which he must have agreed to, but if hes happy playing to concert halls instead of stadiums is up to him, i mean, he must know that when he's toured in the past he gets the best reaction when he does Zeppelin songs in his set. I, like everyone else reading the statement is very fucking pissed off, a phenomenon like Led Zeppelin should not be put to bed when it has the ability to be let loose again to dominate Live music, and to give something back to the younger generation that didnt have the chance to see and appreciate it. :(

I hear you. Very few musicians sing so well live now, in fact very few sing live. Mouthing lipsynching remixing is now the name of the game. Well just be thankful the guys are sharing the DVD's so younger fans get the taste of what it was like. That's not so bad of Robert y'know.

It's not the end of life as we know it folks. Plant's not involved in this project and feels he needs a two year break. As long as his health is there, then I say good for him. He and the other's owe us nothing and anyone who has been on this Zeppelin rollercoaster ride for as long as I have , will tell you that at the end of the day, the journey will be over for all of them, when they decide for themselves. If Robert has indeed decided to call it a day then I say thanks for the memories and I hope that he has all the health and happiness that all of us would wish for

This is an official statement from Robert, which I've posted on his website.

-Sam

---

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss are currently touring the USA on the last leg of their 'Raising Sand' tour. They played a benefit concert in Oklahoma City for victims of Hurricane Ike last Friday; Austin,Texas last Saturday and tomorrow they play Portland, Oregon before finishing the tour in Saratoga, California on October 5th.

After those dates, Robert has no intention whatsoever of touring with anyone for at least the next two years. Contrary to a spate of recent reports, Robert Plant will not be touring or recording with Led Zeppelin. Anyone buying tickets online to any such event will be buying bogus tickets.

“It‘s both frustrating and ridiculous for this story to continue to

rear its head when all the musicians that surround the story are keen to get on with their individual projects and move forward,” Robert Plant said.

“I wish Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham nothing but success with any future projects,” he added.

Honesty- a good thing to hear- though not what we wanted. Well what do you say to that? <_<

So... now I'm off to England for vacation in February without concern of missing a tour.

Zep's no less my first choice of agenda- but Robert has spoken. :'(

“It‘s both frustrating and ridiculous for this story to continue to

rear its head when all the musicians that surround the story are keen to get on with their individual projects and move forward,” Robert Plant said.

“I wish Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham nothing but success with any future projects,” he added.

wow, just logging on and learning about all of this is just sort of surreal and overwhelming.

i look forward to the solo projects...but to be very honest, i don't think i will be running back to the box office for another taste of blue grass (if thats what he picks up after his hiatus). i am more interested to see what JP and JPJ come out with.

good luck RP and thanks for the Zep you did give us in the post-Zep days.

why, Robert, why? I saw your tour with Allison 3 times this year, and yes, you've proved something, you don't have to scream.

Saw you in the eighties, w/Honedrippers - you didn't have to scream then either.

Some of us have never seen you perform with Zep, and if you can't make it happen, we will die wondering,

Just as I suspected, this statement hasn't settled anything in the minds of many. :lol:

Now Robertfans

there's one thing we want you

always to remember.

Come along and sing our song

and join our family 213jev4.jpg

R-O-B

E-R-T

P-L-A-N-T

Through the years we'll all

be friends

wherever we may be.

R-O-B

E-R-T

P-L-A-N-T

Robert Plant

Robert Plant

forever let us hold our

banner high.

Now it's time to say goodbye, to all our company,

R-O-B, See you real soon!

E-R-T, Why? Because we like you!

P-L-A-N-T

why, Robert, why? I saw your tour with Allison 3 times this year, and yes, you've proved something, you don't have to scream.

Saw you in the eighties, w/Honedrippers - you didn't have to scream then either.

Some of us have never seen you perform with Zep, and if you can't make it happen, we will die wondering,

No you won't. As great as they were, no band is or was ever that great.

reggie, i was thinking the same thing. wiki says ( i know its not reliable sometimes, but..... ) he spent his youth in florida, went to uni there, and was in politics there recently. it also says that he was diagnosed with prostate cancer. do you know how he is doing with that? have you heard him sing recently at all?

I'm assuming he's feeling better as I think he's done some concerts with Crosby and Nash within the last couple of months.

HELLO. when did jimmy, john paul and jason say that they wanted to get on with their individual projects and move forward. Never heard that before. I've been online every single day since September 12, 2007, the day the reunion show was announced. All of the comments I've heard from them are more like: We all sing zeppelin songs in concert, but we don't play them together. WHY?

IMO it's the self-centered ego-inflated RP who wants to move on with HIS individual projects. The three j's are ready and waiting, but now according to RP THEY don't want to do zep??? That's purely egotistical BS.

My guess is that Robert is so high on his horse that he's not doing it just so that he can prove that they are not as great without him as with him, or he knows that he is the weak link and a tour would really prove that.

I'm sure it won't be as outstanding as Zep, but it will frigging blow away ANYTHING that Robert Plant has ever done outside of Zeppelin.

What's frustrating and ridiculous is that RP is given an option right now that is first...unbeleivable that they have even a possibility of doing it. and second he is too busy with individual projects. He's been doing individual projects since 1980. give me a frigging break.

If I am condemned from this site for speaking my mind, then so be it.

Dave Beesmer

"First in Line" at the 02 show and so disappointed i can't even begin to explain.

I don't see how an artist chooses to live their life and career as they see fit as being self centered or egotistical. Robert thrives on challenge and new experiences. I'm not saying you need to like what he's done but I don't think his choice to not work with JP/JPJ makes him selfish or that he's running around thinking he's better than them. He's just doing what he's doing and that's it. I also doubt highly that he declined participation to "prove them to be not as good without him". That's a bit childish don't you think?

It really does boil down to being Robert's fault. :(

The other's would love to go as Led Zeppelin, but it's Robert that has to make the statement of the "NO GO".

If it wasn't HIS decision to thwart a reunion, more than just the 02, why is it HE that had to make this announcement?

It's because all of the marbles fell on him, he's the lone dissenter.

Can anyone disprove this?

HELLO. when did jimmy, john paul and jason say that they wanted to get on with their individual projects and move forward. Never heard that before. I've been online every single day since September 12, 2007, the day the reunion show was announced. All of the comments I've heard from them are more like: We all sing zeppelin songs in concert, but we don't play them together. WHY?

IMO it's the self-centered ego-inflated RP who wants to move on with HIS individual projects. The three j's are ready and waiting, but now according to RP THEY don't want to do zep??? That's purely egotistical BS.

Robert has his project(s), JP/JPJ/JB have their projects. That's (at least) two projects, so instead of having one joint project, they have two individual projects. Geddit?

You're misunderstanding him big-time if you think he's saying the Js don't want to play Zep.

I'm assuming he's feeling better as I think he's done some concerts with Crosby and Nash within the last couple of months.

I don't see how an artist chooses to live their life and career as they see fit as being self centered or egotistical. Robert thrives on challenge and new experiences. I'm not saying you need to like what he's done but I don't think his choice to not work with JP/JPJ makes him selfish or that he's running around thinking he's better than them. He's just doing what he's doing and that's it. I also doubt highly that he declined participation to "prove them to be not as good without him". That's a bit childish don't you think?

I think it he is being childish and he is not being a man. when you are a singer. you can sing with anyone that you want to. Everyone of us chooses what we do, especially artists. When they reunited the reaction of the fans at the show and of the whole world is that zeppeln is deeply loved and missed. He(they, of course) made tens of thousands of people happy that they reunited. He could make millions and millions happy if he did even six or nine shows. I consider myself a generous persons in some ways as I do things that are not exactly what i prefer to do in order for others to enjoy. Many performers over the years have played longer than they have wanted to in shows because of the fans. I am not asking for the rest of his career to be with jjj, but for the sake of millions and millions of people could he at least do a few shows???? It's not like it's absolutely horrible playing with these guys. he stated that he enjoyed it so why wouldn't he enjoy a few more shows?? The fact that he's not doing it makes it seem like it's a hardship to play with them. He always says that he goes to the roots. He chooses blues songs that are deep in the roots, he's playing with alison going back to americanas roots. is it that treacherous, for the sake of making millions of people happy go back to his own roots??? Again, just for a breif nine show tour.

Robert should have made this statement """"""before the spring tour""""" , but lets face it Robert couldnt sing like the reunion show for a whole tour . His solo albums are good, some really good ,but the krauss stuff is weak,but you can tell this is what he wants to do . Robert doesnt like hard rock at all anymore never talks about any bands past or present that play it (unless its his sons band ) Jimmy has done nothing compared to Robert when it comes to solo stuff . So lets see what he can do . He should have made a band up years ago . Talks about new stuff he has ,but nothing comes from it . There getting old so its just not the same as it was for them in the seventies . June 1977 MSG thats the way I'll remember the Giants of Rock !

Archived