Leona and Whole Lotta Love

Knebby

lol thanks for the post and the link, I got a chance to take a look this morning and was quite surpised and the out come, It sounded pretty sweet if i do say so myself.

Good work!!!! Very happy to see jimmy on stage again and the fact he hasnt died his again back to black is awsome!

Glad you enjoyed it. I really liked his performance myself and I thought Leona complimented WLL very positively. Now we wait and see what Jimmy is up to next. The suspense is killing me!

lol for sure, you can tell he has the itch and i love just seeming him on stage. his whole image now jsu keeps you in suspence.

Absolutely, due to all the recent activity.

BTW, a BIG CONGRATS on your 500th Post! Good work.

From an interview in yesterday's Mail On Sunday

"No one would ever have thougt to put the two of us together. Led Zeppelin and Leona? It isn't a combination you'd normally think of, is it? But as soon as I was asked by the Olympic committee I was excited. I met Jimmy and he was lovely, I completely knew who he was, because loads of my Aunts were huge fans of his. What amazed me was that he knew who I was. He'd seen me on The X Factor and he even asked me for an autograph for his granddaughter. He was so lovely to me."

Lewis tells me that it was she who made the decision to rearrange "Whole Lotta Love" to suit her ow voice. When I remark that many others would never have dared even to suggest such rock sacrilege. Lewis shakes her head, creating waterfalls of long amber curls around her face. "I knew had to change it, to make it into something a bit different, because there was no way I could do the original. I had to make it my own. I told Jimmy straight away. I sat with some producers and we worked it to what we wantedit to be and then called Jimmy.I couldn't actually be in the room while e listened to what we did to his song. BUt after a few minutes he just walked out of the room with a huge smile on his face and said "I love it"

"I still can't believe I did that with Jimmy Page at the olympics. Some things are just so big they still don't hit you even when they've actually happened."

She also revealed that she and Jimmy were worried about the state their hair etc woud be in by the time they were revealed from their secret hideaways in the top of the bus. :D

Ooh found the link to save me more typing and scanning.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/moslive/arti...ys-picture.html

Leona claims re-arrangement to suit her vocal style, and yet the delivery snapped me into LZ II lisentening mode as if.. how should I put this.. as if I was transported back in time to a parallel universe where I was hearing the virgin WWL as sung by an undefined queen of soul.

Here I am again with my measly two cents. It causes me the least amount of emotional pain and mental anguish when I imagine LL as the next singer for Jimmy Page. All the other names my fellow Zep friends have put forward really bum me out, and I mean bad. It's not that I don't like cliches, I'm just picky about what cliche is right for me. Been listening to Wolfmother a lot this week.

its just a collaboration though, Its not like he asked her to join the band... i mean hey what ever happens happens but dont flame him because he did a little show with this bird. im pretty sure he has another agenda for what he wants his band to be like.

Haha thanks its nothing compared to some of the other people on this site, but im getting up there lol.

Any news on his set up or rig during the show? Which paul did he use?

Someone may have mentioned earlier on one of these threads regarding Jimmy's performance at the Olympics that he used his 1960 custom sunburst. Someone correct me if this isn't accurate.

hrmm i hadn't seen any posts about it but it looks like a nice custom thats for sure. maybe its a original 1960's but im betting gibson has been making him guitars all year so you never know.

I think I'll take a wild guess that Jimmy doesn't have to pay for his guitars. Hmmm...

haha that and the fact they make top notch guitars, I haven't seen with play with a strat in a while. maybe in some up coming events ill get my chance to see him play one again lol but the Gibsons he does make are priceless.

Archived