Reunion DVD

How's it going "hot dog" as well as my fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I have a question for all of you, if KNEBWORTH from 4 and 11 August 1979, EARL'S COURT from 24 and 25 May 1975 and SEATTLE KINGDOME 17 July 1977 haven't been released on DVD, what makes you think that the REUNION CONCERT at the 02 ARENA is going to see a release date on DVD? In the mean time, I am enjoying excellent picture and sound quality of these shows in bootleg form and I will for many years to come. ROCK ON!

What makes you think they won't be released?

I have some of those DVD's and more, some good productions and some so so, but a bootleg is a bootleg.

They're like kissing your sister, nice, but nothing to get too excited about!

I'm interested in just how many shows were filmed in other countries outside the UK and USA and still in Jimmy's possession.

I know Jimmy acquired (confiscated) some on a recent trip to Japan so with a bit of tweaking they could be made available.

Whether they are forthcoming or not is out of our control.

The thing is there is a market out here and people clamouring for more.

I have some of those DVD's and more, some good productions and some so so, but a bootleg is a bootleg.

Haha , So true. but some of the times its better then nothing ever more so when the band you love doesnt have that much offcially released. but i mean it could all be comming we just gotta wait and see which they will produce first. im guessing since they havent done anything in a while they will do a whole combo package letting go of alot of stuff at once. At least thats what im hoping for lol

What makes you think they won't be released?

I'm interested in just how many shows were filmed in other countries outside the UK and USA and still in Jimmy's possession.

I know Jimmy acquired (confiscated) some on a recent trip to Japan so with a bit of tweaking they could be made available.

Whether they are forthcoming or not is out of our control.

The thing is there is a market out here and people clamouring for more.

How's it going "Reggie29" as well as my fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? You are right when you say that there is a large market of people clamouring for more ZEPPELIN but it is not our decision to make. There is a big demand for a LED ZEPPELIN Tour in 2009 and the band is in a big position to gross the highest payday in all of Rock n' Roll history. Hell, it'll even be bigger than any of THE ROLLING STONES' Tours. But who doesn't want it to happen? I'll give you a hint, its the same person that doesn't want to release any of ZEPPELIN'S shows such as EARL'S COURT 1975, SEATTLE KINGDOME 1977, KNEBWORTH 1979 and the 02 ARENA 2007. How many years has gone by with no VHS as well as a DVD release of any of the above shows minus the 02 ARENA 2007? Please don't get me wrong "Reggie29," I would love to see a release of all of these shows on DVD, but I have my doubts. Pagey had a hard time releasing portions of these shows (Royal Albert Hall 1970, Earl's Court 1975 and Knebworth 1979) on the LED ZEPPELIN LIVE DVD set. That live DVD set alone proved that there is a HUGE demand for those past complete shows to be released on DVD, but will they do it? I would love to see it happen. ROCK ON!

There is a big demand for a LED ZEPPELIN Tour in 2009 and the band is in a big position to gross the highest payday in all of Rock n' Roll history. Hell, it'll even be bigger than any of THE ROLLING STONES' Tours. But who doesn't want it to happen? I'll give you a hint, its the same person that doesn't want to release any of ZEPPELIN'S shows such as...

The implication here is that Jimmy doesn't want it. My understanding is that he's quite up for a tour and as thousand of posts on this forum indicate it's not a priority or wish for Robert. Even before the O2 show he said (Uncut magazine interview - sorry no link: "We need to do one last great show. Because we've done some shows and they've been crap" (Reference to Live Aid, Atlantic 40th and R'n'R Hall of Fame). When then asked if it went spectactularly well there'd be a temptation to go out on what he elsewhere described as a "juggernaut" tour, "Not for me. But I can't speak for anyone else"

...doesn't want to release any of ZEPPELIN'S shows such as EARL'S COURT 1975, SEATTLE KINGDOME 1977, KNEBWORTH 1979 and the 02 ARENA 2007. How many years has gone by with no VHS as well as a DVD release of any of the above shows minus the 02 ARENA 2007? Please don't get me wrong "Reggie29," I would love to see a release of all of these shows on DVD, but I have my doubts. Pagey had a hard time releasing portions of these shows (Royal Albert Hall 1970, Earl's Court 1975 and Knebworth 1979) on the LED ZEPPELIN LIVE DVD set.

That's a really long bow to draw that:

1. Not touring has anything to do with non-release of a DVD of the O2. The hard work would be all ahead of the band for a (juggernaut) tour and for a DVD their work has been done. You imply that both are head-headedness to deny the fans what they clamour for.

2. Those shows not being released has anything to do with it. Material to work with from the O2 (numerous HD digital cameras and much higher quality purpose-recorded digital audio) is a far better starting point than what's been archived from 30 years ago.

I believe the demand for the O2 DVD would be (at least a bit) greater that those shows. 20 million wanted to be there how many more would like to see a quality version of it. So likely be greater priority to get it out there.

The implication here is that Jimmy doesn't want it. My understanding is that he's quite up for a tour and as thousand of posts on this forum indicate it's not a priority or wish for Robert. Even before the O2 show he said (Uncut magazine interview - sorry no link: "We need to do one last great show. Because we've done some shows and they've been crap" (Reference to Live Aid, Atlantic 40th and R'n'R Hall of Fame). When then asked if it went spectactularly well there'd be a temptation to go out on what he elsewhere described as a "juggernaut" tour, "Not for me. But I can't speak for anyone else"

That's a really long bow to draw that:

1. Not touring has anything to do with non-release of a DVD of the O2. The hard work would be all ahead of the band for a (juggernaut) tour and for a DVD their work has been done. You imply that both are head-headedness to deny the fans what they clamour for.

2. Those shows not being released has anything to do with it. Material to work with from the O2 (numerous HD digital cameras and much higher quality purpose-recorded digital audio) is a far better starting point than what's been archived from 30 years ago.

I believe the demand for the O2 DVD would be (at least a bit) greater that those shows. 20 million wanted to be there how many more would like to see a quality version of it. So likely be greater priority to get it out there.

How's it going "shadowblue?" I was referring all of the releases on DVD with an earlier conversation that was taking place between another fellow ZEPPELIN fanatic and myself. You misunderstood me when you said the statement "not touring has anything to do with the non-release of the 02 Arena 2007 on DVD." I never implied that not touring has anything to do with the non-release of the 02 Arena 2007. I was speaking separately in reference that there is a big demand for a LED ZEPPELIN Tour in 2009 and although we may all want it to happen, it doesn't mean that it is going to happen. So far, it isn't! Separately and secondly, there is also a big demand for the 02 Arena 2007 to be released on DVD but will it happen? Who is the cause of why these two big demands are not happening? Thats what I'm trying to get at. As I said in my previous posts, I would love to see the 02 Arena 2007 show released on DVD as well as all of the other past complete shows but will it happen? I would love to see it happen. ROCK ON!

Going good, 'ZeppFanForever', How are you? (I do like the courtesy you extend to others on the board).

I apologise, that's a chronic forum problem - not understanding a post in context or missing the spoken word's intonation (other than emoticons) to misread intent.

At the end of the day, I'm certain we both:

1. Want to see an O2 DVD (fair chance)

2. More material from the archives released (less likely)

3. A further reunion and tour (remote)

ROCK ON

Going good, 'ZeppFanForever', How are you? (I do like the courtesy you extend to others on the board).

I apologise, that's a chronic forum problem - not understanding a post in context or missing the spoken word's intonation (other than emoticons) to misread intent.

At the end of the day, I'm certain we both:

1. Want to see an O2 DVD (fair chance)

2. More material from the archives released (less likely)

3. A further reunion and tour (remote)

ROCK ON

How's it going again "shadowblue? Vice versa, you do show that you have class and that's what being a ZEPPELIN fan is all about. We're all here on the ZEPPELIN forum because we love ZEPPELIN and we should all feel free to talk about ZEPPELIN. All in all, I am certain that we would both love to see a DVD release date on all of the mentioned shows as well as a LED ZEPPELIN Tour in 2009. I really do hope that it happens in the near future. However, in the mean time, I'm sure that we are both enjoying watching all of the mentioned shows on collectible DVD's. ROCK ON!

do you think they will include the whole set of the other bands that played? or do you think they might just release a zep at o2 or something im pretty sure the whole thing would be put on any ideas?

Don't know, but--

I haven't come across a boot that has anything but Zeppelin's set, and I'd actually like to have a record of all the other bands that played. Some of them really did a great job, and got people even more into the mood, if that was possible (Paul Rodgers, for instance). I could live without Foreigner, admittedly. :D

Don't know, but--

I haven't come across a boot that has anything but Zeppelin's set, and I'd actually like to have a record of all the other bands that played. Some of them really did a great job, and got people even more into the mood, if that was possible (Paul Rodgers, for instance). I could live without Foreigner, admittedly. :D

I'd like to see Paolo Nutini's song :D

I'm sure I could do without Foreigner too from what I heard :lol:

...and I'd actually like to have a record of all the other bands that played. Some of them really did a great job, and got people even more into the mood, if that was possible (Paul Rodgers, for instance). I could live without Foreigner, admittedly. :D

I'd also love a package that included the other artists (but could also live without Foreigner's contribution - if only they'd picked a more rousing song like 'Hot Blooded').

Keith Emerson doing 'Fanfare for the Common Man' (which I have seen on youtube) was the perfect opener. Got me in the mood right from the start.

I did manage to get a bootleg ans soundtrack of the concert the other day which is pretty good for a home vid so i'm not complaining :) this however would be really good:

I vote no for a Reunion DVD. Now, if they want to combine that footage with rehearsal, interviews, ongoing contentious relations, sure, sell that load of crap to line the pockets of Lead Zeppelin with nostalgia money

I would love to see a DVD of the show released...however I am torn as to what I would what to see.

1. The entire concert with Disc 1 being everything up to Zep and Disc 2 being all zep. Bonus features on both discs with Zep rehersal, pre show and post show stuff.

OR

2. All Zep with Disc 1 the entire concert with bonus Zep rehersal. Disc 2 as a bonus disc have the entire concert again with the option of watching in an alternate camera angles. (Maybe even fan shot footage reworked by JP. They could have a contest where fans send in their footage...that would be cool.)

Regardless.....I what to see that concert officially released

:)

I would love to see a DVD of the show released...however I am torn as to what I would what to see.

1. The entire concert with Disc 1 being everything up to Zep and Disc 2 being all zep. Bonus features on both discs with Zep rehersal, pre show and post show stuff.

OR

2. All Zep with Disc 1 the entire concert with bonus Zep rehersal. Disc 2 as a bonus disc have the entire concert again with the option of watching in an alternate camera angles. (Maybe even fan shot footage reworked by JP. They could have a contest where fans send in their footage...that would be cool.)

Regardless.....I what to see that concert officially released

:)

Love it!

Third alternative: 1 and 2 in a monster 3 Dvd package!!! Hopefully at Christmas, so that I don't need to purchase it myself. But I would buy the DvD even if I would mean that I have to sell my last Tshirt!

Very few people would buy this dvd because of the other bands that played that night. Just about everyone wants it released just because of Led Zeppelin's reunion. And besides, the other artists' sets were quite brief that night. It was a tribute to Ahmet so I'd like to see Zep's set, rehearsal and interview footage as well as some tributary footage to Ahmet on his influence in the record business, impact and what he did for Zeppelin and Atlantic's other artists. That could work.

Very few people would buy this dvd because of the other bands that played that night. Just about everyone wants it released just because of Led Zeppelin's reunion. And besides, the other artists' sets were quite brief that night. It was a tribute to Ahmet so I'd like to see Zep's set, rehearsal and interview footage as well as some tributary footage to Ahmet on his influence in the record business, impact and what he did for Zeppelin and Atlantic's other artists. That could work.

very true, Although its hard not to include them if the whole thing was a tribute.

very true, Although its hard not to include them if the whole thing was a tribute.

Very true, but these things are always done from a marketing point of view. In other words...$$$$.

Closing in on 500 posts. You've been quite active the last few days. Close to 100 in the last 24 hours?

well my answer to that other then im a huge zep fan is work being so boring i havent had much time for the forum so im catching up lol

But in terms of the DVD, sadly it might be sold on a marketing point of view which i mean makes the most money. But sadly to get a whole proformance... although i would, would have to buy two dvds, or w,e package they they choose to put i in which means even more $$$$$

The documentary about the creation of Atlantic (The House That Ahmet Built) that has been on PBS and was packaged with the O2 program has already covered that angle. It could be packaged again with the O2 footage, I suppose.

The documentary about the creation of Atlantic (The House That Ahmet Built) that has been on PBS and was packaged with the O2 program has already covered that angle. It could be packaged again with the O2 footage, I suppose.

Or perhaps just an overview of his career and impact etc.

that is true they should just call the dvd the house that ahmet built. and then include all the bands. Dont think i would be that hard im pretty sure they got all the footage they need.

Archived