Reunion DVD

Oh I think it'll happen.., just not for about 3-4 years.

Case in point:

Remasters/Box Set 1: 1990

Box Set 2/The Complete Studio Recordings:1993

BBC Sessions: 1997

Early/Latter Days: 1999/2000

Led Zeppelin DVD/How The West Was Won: 2003

Mothership/The Song Remains The Same Remaster: 2007

Major Underlying factor: All spaced about 3-4 years apart. I think there's some sort of supply/demand marketing strategy factored in... just when you think there's nothing else left and the demand is highest, they bust something out...

Personally, if it does end up coming out, I'd like to see it come out as another 2-DVD set, w/ Earl's Court packaged into it as the main feature on the 2nd disc, with maybe a few songs from other known concerts in there as well, sort of like the 2003 DVD setup.

Oh I think it'll happen.., just not for about 3-4 years.

Case in point:

Remasters/Box Set 1: 1990

Box Set 2/The Complete Studio Recordings:1993

BBC Sessions: 1997

Early/Latter Days: 1999/2000

Led Zeppelin DVD/How The West Was Won: 2003

Mothership/The Song Remains The Same Remaster: 2007

Major Underlying factor: All spaced about 3-4 years apart. I think there's some sort of supply/demand marketing strategy factored in... just when you think there's nothing else left and the demand is highest, they bust something out...

Personally, if it does end up coming out, I'd like to see it come out as another 2-DVD set, w/ Earl's Court packaged into it as the main feature on the 2nd disc, with maybe a few songs from other known concerts in there as well, sort of like the 2003 DVD setup.

It may but as it stands now, they've decided not to release anything. We'll just have to wait and see I suppose. Would be great to have an official release, that's for sure.

Although Jimmy might edit the shit out of it, rendering the bootlegs still essential...

No doubt.. that incomplete version of Heartbreaker from Royal Albert Hall alone is enough for me to keep that bootleg... they fu[kin tore that song up that night. I wish the audio reel guy wasn't asleep on the job... that and the fact that the set-list is all re-arranged is enough to drive me nuts :angry:

And what they did with the Madison Square Garden stuff is just a pure abomination... I've still got all 3 nights on boot.

I've also still got the Complete BBC Sessions on boot too... though the editing Page did on those for the official release isn't quite as detrimental.

You've got to respect Page's decisions though based on the fact that most people are not Zep-heads like us and would never realize anything had been edited.

I didn't go to the reunion,I honestly thought it would just be an exercise in nostalgia.After saying all that,the clips I've seen on sites like YouTube show that the band still sounded great but I just can't see a reunion dvd ever coming to pass.Put simply,one or more members of the band will veto it or it will just get put on the back burner and that will be that.I won't mind being wrong on this but thats just what I feel.

I think i can guess who....snigger

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i'd love to see them re release the earl's court show and the reunion show and soundchecks that i know have all been professionally recorded.it seems to me they pissed away a great chance to make money for the ertegen foundation by not releasing the concert on cd and dvd with in a month of the show!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think they would have hired a film crew with eighteen cameras for nothing and let it go to waste. I think we'll eventually see it.

Sooner than later hopefully

Someone here just said why not make it a film (I couldn't find that post my apologies to you) - I couldn't agree more

Just like the epic TSRTS - can you imagine it will be colossal I think

After 40 years less 20 of estrangement and hitherto reunions, I wouldn't mind seeing this concert on a movie

I think it will be a great monument to cap the epic story of Zeppelin

Icing on the cake if you will

OK maybe sans fantasy sequences lol but like docu-snippets of their beginnings, peak, estrangement then culminating in this bittersweet show - it will be great IMHO

No one's done this before and Zep is very much known for doing what nobody else yet has done - I think they can sell this concert as a movie - a DVD alone would seem something of short change for this band that broke all records and shattered all rules of rock music

ZEPPELIN THE GREATEST BAND OF ALL TIME!

It will probably be released (based on the 3 year span between/among releases as of recent) sometime in 2010 (next year) on blue-ray.

Really hoping that since Jeff Beck jamming with Pagey recently at the RNRHOF induction in Cleveland last Saturday, that we'll see a one-off show with the 4 J's. :)

(Jimmy, Jeff, Jason and John Paul Jones). That would be very cool.

R B)

Really hoping that since Jeff Beck jamming with Pagey recently at the RNRHOF induction in Cleveland last Saturday, that we'll see a one-off show with the 4 J's. :)

R B)

Maybe they could resurrect the "The New Yardbirds" name? :)

It will probably be released (based on the 3 year span between/among releases as of recent) sometime in 2010 (next year) on blue-ray.

R B)

Oh, yeah! To both ideas. A movie, properly distributed in theaters, the 21st century SRTS! Then they can pick and choose moments, yes?

And the Four Js would be ROCKIN!! Jason can sing, and so can Jeff on his guitar, as he just showed. Whoa...

Jimmy has recently said that he won't be starting work on investigating the multi-track audio and the footage for a few years.

Do you have a source or link for JP's comments regarding this?

R B)

Do you have a source or link for JP's comments regarding this?

R B)

My dad does antique restoration and has repaired many old lamps for Page as well as helping him move the furniture into his new house on an English riverside in Nov 2006.

He was fixing a chandler there two days ago and he asked him if there were any plans and he said not for a few years and besides it's all on the internet.

Page is quite busy at the moment with all of the It Might Get Loud promotion.

Straight from the horses mouth.

No doubt.. that incomplete version of Heartbreaker from Royal Albert Hall alone is enough for me to keep that bootleg... they fu[kin tore that song up that night. I wish the audio reel guy wasn't asleep on the job... that and the fact that the set-list is all re-arranged is enough to drive me nuts :angry:

And what they did with the Madison Square Garden stuff is just a pure abomination... I've still got all 3 nights on boot.

I've also still got the Complete BBC Sessions on boot too... though the editing Page did on those for the official release isn't quite as detrimental.

You've got to respect Page's decisions though based on the fact that most people are not Zep-heads like us and would never realize anything had been edited.

Let's be honest...it will only be Zep fans who would buy it anyway, or very few 'new people' at best. As for the Blu-Ray...thats why we like boots...warts and all and a real gig. Polishing the show leads to an unreal feel.

Let's be honest...it will only be Zep fans who would buy it anyway, or very few 'new people' at best. As for the Blu-Ray...thats why we like boots...warts and all and a real gig. Polishing the show leads to an unreal feel.

Well, I'm sure in a few years when Page gets round to spending enough time working on it, he will surely do his best to keep the rawest feel to it and lets be honest, he wouldn't release anything if he knew he hadn't done the job properly.

All we can do is wait.

• 3 weeks later...
[b]My dad does antique restoration and has repaired many old lamps for Page as well as helping him move the furniture into his new house on an English riverside in Nov 2006.

He was fixing a chandler there two days ago and he asked him if there were any plans and he said not for a few years and besides it's all on the internet.

Page is quite busy at the moment with all of the It Might Get Loud promotion.

Straight from the horses mouth.

woah, just reading this today.

thanks so much for sharing that with us achilles.

please don't hesitate to tell us of any other news that you may hear ..... :thanku:

THanks Achilles! Great info. I am however going through withdrawls. I think most of the bootleg stuff on you tube sucks. There are a couple of good ones, but boy would I LOVE to see what Jimmy can do! Just my two cents.

Zoso

Archived