Reunion DVD

It will definitely be released.

Most likely to be in a form of DVD/Blue Ray and a CD. Or Jimmy could borrow an idea from the R.E.M live CD/DVD all in one package.

Remember,

It Might Get Loud is coming out soon, so there is a lot of press interviews to do and his daughter is getting married in the summer.

He's got plenty going on, but it WILL be released.

Sorry but you are guessing this as much as anyone else. No -one can say it WILL be released - not even the individual members, who need the collective agreement of the others.

Consider:

We have ways to see it only because we're computer literate. There are many many zep fans that have never gone online. And many would refuse to buy a bootleg.(I've already got 3!). They will never get the chance unless it's officially released.

I now really hope they do it since it looks like RP is done touring for "at least two years".

I wonder about the profit from the dvd. would it go to ahmet fund or zep? there may be a timelimit on it going to the fund and then after a certain time it goes to zep? Anyone know?

my guess is that after rp's anouncement jp will be focusing on new material and a tour instead of the dvd. i highly doubt he'll allow it to be released unless it's been mastered by jp himself.

Either way - WE"RE READY!!!!

Whats Kevin Shirley up to? He did a great job on how the west was won he could master it if JP has no time nor desire.

Whats Kevin Shirley up to? He did a great job on how the west was won he could master it if JP has no time nor desire.

As has been said before, all four of them would have to agree. So far that's not on the table.

I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing Jimmy would just give Shirley the combination to the vault and let him go wild! But it's not even up to Jimmy. It's a huge round table, agents and lawyers hassle to get anything to fly when it comes to Led Zeppelin. That's one of Robert's peeves about the subject I believe.

And as Superdave said, welcome!! :wave:

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings to all ! For now we will enjoy the Katzeye Video montage. It's not all spit and polish, but it is better than nothing. Look hard my friends, and you can share many gems from the men we hold in high regard, the Ones who have given us such musical joy. Peace !

I was there and so where the cameras. There has to be a DVD and it must be coming soon. Led Zeppelin was filmed with boom cameras etc. No other bands had it, what a show!

There were indeed cameras. This doesn't mean that what they filmed will necessarily become a DVD, though, and certainly not that "it must be coming soon," since apparently for now, at least, the band have decided against it. Much as many people, including me, wish they had decided otherwise!

And welcome, by the way. :beer:

I was there and so where the cameras. There has to be a DVD and it must be coming soon. Led Zeppelin was filmed with boom cameras etc. No other bands had it, what a show!

You know, I, as well as others here, wish you were right. But sadly, the mere presence of cameras doesn't mean a thing.

Personally, I'd rather see/hear the full production rehearsal for the 02 rather than the actual concert.

According to JPJ, this was even better than the 02 arena show. The entire band viewed this rehearsal before the reunion show and according to Jones gave the band great confidence for the 02 performance.

I also firmly believe that the reason the full production rehearsal was recorded was in order to have another alternative concert to use for cutting/editing options.

It's gonna happen..... eventually.

• 3 weeks later...
You know, I, as well as others here, wish you were right. But sadly, the mere presence of cameras doesn't mean a thing.

You will see, it will happen. The fans around the world deserve to see it. And to see just how stellar Jason Bonham's performance was. At the end of the show Robert, John Paul, and Jimmy all bowed to Jason for his performance. It was the best show I have ever seen.

You will see, it will happen. The fans around the world deserve to see it. And to see just how stellar Jason Bonham's performance was. At the end of the show Robert, John Paul, and Jimmy all bowed to Jason for his performance. It was the best show I have ever seen.

It's not really whether fans "deserve" to see it or not but whether Jimmy, Robert and John Paul want it released as a dvd. If not, we have to respect their decision.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I dont think there will be an official realease... it sounds terrible? why did jimmy allow the songs too be transposed a whole step down..never gonna happen unless its tweaked..just dont sound proper. try playing the intro to heartbreaker a whole step flat..g dont soung right...??respond...

I dont think there will be an official realease... it sounds terrible? why did jimmy allow the songs too be transposed a whole step down..never gonna happen unless its tweaked..just dont sound proper. try playing the intro to heartbreaker a whole step flat..g dont soung right...??respond...

Just goes to show how versatile and adaptable Jimmy is.

What are you comparing it to, the poor quality videos on You Tube or the better quality bootleg DVD's available?

Just goes to show how versatile and adaptable Jimmy is.

What are you comparing it to, the poor quality videos on You Tube or the better quality bootleg DVD's available?

if your a musician you would know you dont need to be versitile? the fretting and chording are the same except the instument is tuned down..the keyboard would obviously transponse..and those are the only sorces available ..i havent heard of a sbd. recording??? the songs dont sound and feel the same...Kasmir almost sounds like a death metal or type o negative song??? respond...

Archived