if Jimmy renames the band, what would be a good name?

babybluejeans

Absolute nonsense.

My opinion.

Still allowed?

You mean is your opinon still allowed? Absolutely! I don't attack anyone here or judge. I enjoy the banter(usually). So was my entire post absolute nonsense or just the part you quoted?

Jimmy Page, egoless? I mean, I love the guy, but come on! :D

Hello Aqua

What I meant, sorry it didn't come across the right way, is that JJJ's got rid of the ego. Now the band is egoless since Robert is no longer with them.

and yes, jp does have quite the ego himself, just not even in the same ballpark as rp IMO.

Gotta run for today. be back later tonite.

I can't see any reason at all why he should give up his royalties OR his love for Zeppelin songs and penchant for playing them - as is continually suggested by others. I think people are very quick to interpret Robert's words in the worst way possible. When he said he couldn't even remember who that guy was, know how that seemed to me - right off the bat? He was a little embarrassed by his style, his clothes, his Golden God ego. I just looked at a pic of me today taken when I was 14. I can't remember who that girl was - I'm a very different person now - but that doesn't mean I'm disowning her or am ashamed in ANY way.

I can't see any reason at all why he should give up his royalties OR his love for Zeppelin songs and penchant for playing them - as is continually suggested by others. I think people are very quick to interpret Robert's words in the worst way possible. When he said he couldn't even remember who that guy was, know how that seemed to me - right off the bat? He was a little embarrassed by his style, his clothes, his Golden God ego. I just looked at a pic of me today taken when I was 14. I can't remember who that girl was - I'm a very different person now - but that doesn't mean I'm disowning her or am ashamed in ANY way.

Well said Knebby ! I think there are a number of us here that could say the same thing.

As for Robert, anyone who thinks he should give up his royalties and his love for Zeppelin is completely off base and needs to give their head a bit of a shake. A laughable statement at best :blink: That's about as nice as I can be about it :D

Well said Knebby ! I think there are a number of us here that could say the same thing.

As for Robert, anyone who thinks he should give up his royalties and his love for Zeppelin is completely off base and needs to give their head a bit of a shake. A laughable statement at best :blink: That's about as nice as I can be about it :D

*shakes head* Whew! *breaks into his 4th grader reading a book aloud voice*

Robert Plant should not sell his royalties and he should be able to rest on the financial rewards of all the hard work he put into Led Zeppelin and he should be able to look back with great pride in what he helped them achieve but should not feel obligated to continue something that should be better left untouched or improved upon. He is a very very great man. He reunited with Led Zeppelin to honor one of his friends, Ahmet Ertegun, we should commend him for giving us a great reunion show. It was very nice of him to wish his former bandmates luck on their future projects because he wants them to do well with their careers. People should not say bad things about Robert Plant because he is a very nice man. He is a true pioneer and should be respected for seeking out different musical challenges and staying true to himself and not giving into pressure from his peers or fans. I hope people can understand Robert's feelings and not be mean to him.

Better? I'm off for a juice box and PB&J...........

*shakes head* Whew! *breaks into his 4th grader reading a book aloud voice*

Robert Plant should not sell his royalties and he should be able to rest on the financial rewards of all the hard work he put into Led Zeppelin and he should be able to look back with great pride in what he helped them achieve but should not feel obligated to continue something that should be better left untouched or improved upon. He is a very very great man. He reunited with Led Zeppelin to honor one of his friends, Ahmet Ertegun, we should commend him for giving us a great reunion show. It was very nice of him to wish his former bandmates luck on their future projects because he wants them to do well with their careers. People should not say bad things about Robert Plant because he is a very nice man. He is a true pioneer and should be respected for seeking out different musical challenges and staying true to himself and not giving into pressure from his peers or fans. I hope people can understand Robert's feelings and not be mean to him.

Better? I'm off for a juice box and PB&J...........

Don't really get your point but why should he give up his royalties and love of Zep ???

I wouldn't if I were him. Are you saying you would ? If you are then that truely is laughable

Don't really get your point but why should he give up his royalties and love of Zep ???

I wouldn't if I were him. Are you saying you would ? If you are then that truely is laughable

Ugh....it was a joke. Humor is in such short supply in this forum(sense of humor anyway). If you read my original post, it was a suggestion/opinion. Knebby had her say and you had yours. I had no ill intention towards those opinions and simply made a joke in the vein of getting in line with everyone else's opinion to keep peace.

I'm not saying I would. BUT since you ask? I would rejoin with the band I had the most success with to get back out one more time, have some fun and give the fans what they want so they'd finally shut the fk up and stop asking me to do it. Again, I'm only speaking for myself.

I don't appreciate you calling my opinion or what I would choose to do with my own personal affairs to be laughable just becuae you don't agree. I didn't realize so many people were so much better than me in here. I bow to you! I'm truly not worthy to post.

I would rejoin with the band I had the most success with to get back out one more time, have some fun and give the fans what they want so they'd finally shut the fk up and stop asking me to do it. Again, I'm only speaking for myself.

That gives me a little sweet bitter smile. Robert did rejoin with the band he had the most succcess with to get back out one more time, had some fun and gave the fans what they wanted, in last December. Did they finally shut the fk up and stop asking him to do it?

Ugh....it was a joke. Humor is in such short supply in this forum(sense of humor anyway). If you read my original post, it was a suggestion/opinion. Knebby had her say and you had yours. I had no ill intention towards those opinions and simply made a joke in the vein of getting in line with everyone else's opinion to keep peace.

I'm not saying I would. BUT since you ask? I would rejoin with the band I had the most success with to get back out one more time, have some fun and give the fans what they want so they'd finally shut the fk up and stop asking me to do it. Again, I'm only speaking for myself.

I don't appreciate you calling my opinion or what I would choose to do with my own personal affairs to be laughable just becuae you don't agree. I didn't realize so many people were so much better than me in here. I bow to you! I'm truly not worthy to post.

You're entitled to your opinion but think of it this way; if you were in his shoes and you chose not to reunite with the others for any reason, would you give up your royaltes? No. Only a class A idiot would do that.

That gives me a little sweet bitter smile. Robert did rejoin with the band he had the most succcess with to get back out one more time, had some fun and gave the fans what they wanted, in last December. Did they finally shut the fk up and stop asking him to do it?

I appreciate your point and it is well noted but you know what I'm gonna say. They didn't tour. It was one show and very few people got to see it. Very few in proportion to the interest, I mean. I think if Zep were to tour one last time, the fans would shut the fk up.

Technically, I was answering what I would do. I wasn't suggesting that Robert do it. That's CLEARLY taboo on this board.

So true. Greedy beggars, aren't we?! :lol:

But when something (Led Zeppelin) is so amazing, who can blame folks for wanting more? ;)

I appreciate your point and it is well noted but you know what I'm gonna say. They didn't tour. It was one show and very few people got to see it. Very few in proportion to the interest, I mean. I think if Zep were to tour one last time, the fans would shut the fk up.

Sigh, even if they were to tour, I believe it would not be enough, would never be enough.

You're entitled to your opinion but think of it this way; if you were in his shoes and you chose not to reunite with the others for any reason, would you give up your royaltes? No. Only a class A idiot would do that.

Um, can someone back me up here? Knebby? Jonesy? Robert DID sell his rights to the Zep catalog. He still makes money on merchandise and the use of the name and re-releases like Mothership.

I may not be totally correct here but I have read on this very board that he sold his royalty rights. So are you calling Robert a class A idiot?

If I may go one step further, is Elton John an idiot? He's been giving his royalties away for years for his foundations? Poof? Sure. but not an idiot.

It's a silly idea for him to give up his royalties (other than the ones he famously already did). He performed those songs and helped create them, he has the right to reap the rewards.

As far as why people suggest Plant might want to stop performing Zeppelin away from the actual band, in my OPINION, if he continues, maybe he ought to give up being publically frustrated about people's interest in Zep, and opining either in songs or interviews that other music professionals shouldn't go backwards to what they used to do?

When he performs Zeppelin without the rest of the band, he profits from peoples' interest in the band while at least in part going back to what he used to do; he enjoys the goodwill Zeppelin songs have attained over the decades, though he did not create the goodwill by himself.

Such cognitive dissonance tends to cause people stress.

Um, can someone back me up here? Knebby? Jonesy? Robert DID sell his rights to the Zep catalog. He still makes money on merchandise and the use of the name and re-releases like Mothership.

I may not be totally correct here but I have read on this very board that he sold his royalty rights. So are you calling Robert a class A idiot?

If I may go one step further, is Elton John an idiot? He's been giving his royalties away for years for his foundations? Poof? Sure. but not an idiot.

If Elton (funny comment by the way) chooses to give his royalties to charity, that's great. I just don't understand why anyone would give away something that will make their family money long after they're gone. In my opinion that's a very stupid business move. Unless you needed a lot of cash right now, which is a position I doubt Robert has been in, why would you do that?

When he said he couldn't even remember who that guy was, know how that seemed to me - right off the bat? He was a little embarrassed by his style, his clothes, his Golden God ego.

I think the reason this doesn't ring true to people is that he didn't wear a funny little blouse with an open chest last December. He didn't wear skintight jeans with his you-know-what sticking out. He didn't prance around like a 25 year old. And he looked and sounded great, mature, and not a bit out of place. So when Robert says "I don't remember that guy," it makes me want to say, "Fine. Do you remember the guy who played at the O2? 10 months ago?!?"

Your more than welcome to post your opinion just as I'm allowed to disagree with you. Certainly nothing personal intended and no need what so ever to bow to me. Sorry I missed the tongue n' cheek

FWIW, the notion of him HAVING to do anything period is laughable to me. Same with the others. They are not obliged to do anything just because we would all like them to.

He doesn't want to be part of it. I say, so be it

I think the reason this doesn't ring true to people is that he didn't wear a funny little blouse with an open chest last December. He didn't wear skintight jeans with his you-know-what sticking out. He didn't prance around like a 25 year old. And he looked and sounded great, mature, and not a bit out of place. So when Robert says "I don't remember that guy," it makes me want to say, "Fine. Do you remember the guy who played at the O2? 10 months ago?!?"

This was the style of the early 70's even Roger Daultry wore his curly hair long, bare chested, tight jeans and strut across the stage - these guys were in their Prime. Now they are older and mature which they don't have to prance any more.

This was the style of the early 70's even Roger Daultry wore his curly hair long, bare chested, tight jeans and strut across the stage - these guys were in their Prime. Now they are older and mature which they don't have to prance any more.

That was really my point. Robert doesn't have to be that "70's guy" to play with Zeppelin anymore. That guy with the goatee at the O2 last December did just fine.

And he would say something along the lines of "Yes, I was a guy reuniting with my former bandmates for a ONE-OFF gig as a tribute to someone we cared about very deeply."

His whole mind-set at the 02 was for a one-off reunion and asking him to be that guy again will get us exactly where we are today.

I take him saying things like I don't remember who that guy not literally he doesn't remember. I'm sure he does but it's the point of you can't go back and recreate something from the past. He's not that guy anymore. No one is who they were and that's fine. Who he is as an artist is pretty spectucular in my humble opinion.

Your more than welcome to post your opinion just as I'm allowed to disagree with you. Certainly nothing personal intended and no need what so ever to bow to me. Sorry I missed the tongue n' cheek

FWIW, the notion of him HAVING to do anything period is laughable to me. Same with the others. They are not obliged to do anything just because we would all like them to.

He doesn't want to be part of it. I say, so be it

:beer:

Archived