if Jimmy renames the band, what would be a good name?

babybluejeans

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like "Jimmy, JohnPaul and Friends".

Jason is a friend and he may step down from drumming for a few songs if for example they bring up Terry Reid for a few songs.

Terry, as you know, was asked 40 years ago by Jimmy to be in Led Zep but was under contract.

I just discovered Terry on YouTube and I love him, his style all his own, his singing voice is really nice, his personable way, his rhythm guitar... I'd love to hear it played along with Jimmy's lead guitar.

It'd be nice if every venue had a ramp out into the audience so that Jimmy and a friend could come out to do an acoustic song or two. we'd be thrilled if they'd be amongst us. :P

I'm going to see Terry live if I can... gees I think I'd have to go to California to do it, but never been there.

I wrote some song lyrics that might suit Terry's style. ok it may seem laughable but maybe I can approach him. and I didn't say the lyrics were good... I'm old, but I'm new at this!) :blink:

"Soul Depletin' Blues"

"Laughing Together"

"Lovin' Alfresco"

"Someday You"

"Second Chance"

"Rock Is My True Love Not You"... oops, scratch that... that's mine. along with "Starstruck" (written about Cliff Richard), "King Of Hearts" "Dear Diary" and "Better To Have Lost".

"Raise The Roof" is a noisy rock song. :o

"Hot Air Ballooning" I wrote while thinking about the airship zeppelin. :rolleyes:

"Freedom (Cosmic Child)" is new agey, I wrote it after researching Freedome, a bohemian jamming space for music in Glastonbury and Somerset "freedome. co. uk"... would like to go to England too. I have relatives in Ireland, Scotland and Wales but not been there.

"Affinity Chatline" "Between Hearts There Is No Distance" "No Name Yet Dream" and "A Place In My Heart" may be more Robert's exotic and eclectic style... love his musical treatment of songs.

saw him with Alison. it was fun and fabulous. "Please Read The Letter That I Wrote... I nailed it to your door..." :D :D :D love that line.

I should also like to ask how do I copyright my song lyrics. I can't just place them on my blog, they might get stolen (not that they're that good) but the ideas could. should I make a cd with background music and post MP3s along with the lyrics? I can't sing but I can speak dramatically.

which reminds me, I meant to ask Robert, with his flair for the dramatic, if he ever considered acting... he'd be really good... you wanna be the bad guy or the good guy :angry::D

oh I see my time is up... outta here bye bye

• 3 weeks later...

I got a whole list of good names they could use

1. The New Yardbirds

2. The Lemons

3. Hindenburg Zeppelin

4. The Lead

5. The Bleeding Gums

6. Hell's Guardians

7. The Knuckleheads

8. Bleeding Sun

9. The Stars

10. The Happy-Go-Lucky Brazilian Monkees

Alison Krause? Really? Eww..... In my life I would never put those two together or want to. "Yucky" JMO

If he can tour with her, why is he so opposed to a Led Zep final tour? I don't get it. I mean, if the Eagles can do it, five more times now, Led Zep could do it just one more time. Geez - I sounded like Capt. and Tenille didn't I.... :(

As for renaming the band w/o him, I'd say call it 'Minus Narcissist'. :P

[Edit: That was uncalled for I know, but... I am just so frustrated]

Hey-Up,

L A Woman, if your that "Frustrated" I Know where you can get some new Batteries... :hurrah:

As for putting- Alison Krauss with Robert, I can confirm its certainly not "Yucky" your quote"

As I & a Hell of alot of people who saw them Last Year (Wembley Arena 22/05/08) CAN say it works, as it was a Fucking Excellent Show, so well done to them & all Concerned.

As for a New name...It dosen't really matter, as it ain't gonna happen.

All the best

Hang-man :ph34r:

Jason is a friend and he may step down from drumming for a few songs if for example they bring up Terry Reid for a few songs.

Terry, as you know, was asked 40 years ago by Jimmy to be in Led Zep but was under contract.

Terry actually told NME in 1979 that he turned down the offer from Jimmy because of Jimmy's interest in the occult. To paraphrase, he said that he felt Jimmy was a dabbler, the worst kind of level of interest, someone unaware of the powers he was unleashing.

Terry actually told NME in 1979 that he turned down the offer from Jimmy because of Jimmy's interest in the occult. To paraphrase, he said that he felt Jimmy was a dabbler, the worst kind of level of interest, someone unaware of the powers he was unleashing.

I'm totally lost. I thought he turned him down because he was going on the road opening for the Stones and suggested Plant or something like that. I give up! LOL

Isn't Reid a singer? Does he play drums too? Why would Jason step down for Reid?

Am I not following?

Hah, interesting. That's an odd statement. So, unless Terry said that in bad faith, he presumably was more serious than Jimmy about the occult. :unsure:

Hah, interesting. That's an odd statement. So, unless Terry said that in bad faith, he presumably was more serious than Jimmy about the occult. :unsure:

Don't really know Otto as I don't have the said interview to hand. I can dig up an article that refers to it, but as it only refers to that quote it would clearly be out of context. It is interesting though.

Or maybe it was a strong belief that if you play with fire you will get burnt!

I've heard people claiming to be "occultists" make such statements about "dabblers"

Would be interesting to find out though.

you could call it...

Trans-Plant.

The Band Formally Known As Led Zeppelin

Lead Zippline

The Old Yardbirds

Led Wallet and the Penny-Pinchers

The Green Bay (Arena) Packers

Three and A Half Men

I dont mean any dissrespect to the band. Its just funny all this is happening. I wish and would rather see them get together with Robert, write new song and just tour with them, to make all them all happy, rather than a Robert without the magician and Jimmy without the shinning golden god.

Isn't Reid a singer? Does he play drums too? Why would Jason step down for Reid?

Am I not following?

I just meant that yes Reid is a singer (not a drummer) and he has his own style, tastes and diversification in music. along with that he has his own practiced musicians. if he were to take to the stage, he might have his own drummer (or other musician(s) perform with him for his songs along with Jimmy and JP.

or maybe not... I know Jimmy, JP and Jason would handle everything adeptly and might get a kick out of it. :)

too bad there seems to be a rift between Jimmy and Terry. time to let bygones be bygones and get on with the entertainment! it would be fun! we miss them.

Archived