if Jimmy renames the band, what would be a good name?

babybluejeans

Plenty of them flying around here, SD, by fuckwits :blink: , who shall remain nameless! :angry:

Did you just call me a fuckwit? I've defended Robert, saw him with Allison, and don't think she's a Yoko. I appreciate that Robert stated his intentions even if I selfishly find his intentions disappointing. The other 3 should move on with a new band and Robert should do his thing, no hard feelings.

"Mightier ReArranger" was just a joke, why so sanctimonious?

Did you just call me a fuckwit? I've defended Robert, saw him with Allison, and don't think she's a Yoko. I appreciate that Robert stated his intentions even if I selfishly find his intentions disappointing. The other 3 should move on with a new band and Robert should do his thing, no hard feelings.

"Mightier ReArranger" was just a joke, why so sanctimonious?

Not you specifically, just an observation on some of the the hurtful digs aimed at Robert from people who obviously don't like his decision.

Perhaps I was a little harsh and it wasn't aimed at your suggestion which I thought was one of the better ones.

I got the joke.

Sorry if I offended you and came off as sanctimonious.

It's incredulous how some accused him of being the stumbling block that was holding the others back.

Then, after he stepped up and made his intentions clear, they are angry because he has moved on and won't be apart of any reunion.

I don't understand them at all.

Not you specifically, just an observation on some of the the hurtful digs aimed at Robert from people who obviously don't like his decision.

Perhaps I was a little harsh and it wasn't aimed at your suggestion which I thought was one of the better ones.

I got the joke.

Sorry if I offended you and came off as sanctimonious.

It's incredulous how some accused him of being the stumbling block that was holding the others back.

Then, after he stepped up and made his intentions clear, they are angry because he has moved on and won't be apart of any reunion.

I don't understand them at all.

My bad I guess, I thought your post read like it was a dig at me. Like I said, I'd rather see Robert play with Jimmy and the boys, but I wouldn't want to see him go through the motions if his heart wasn't in it. His heart certainly seemed to be in it last December at the O2, and when he talked about how rejuvenated Jimmy is. After that show i would have put money on them doing something together after the Raising Sand tour. Glad I'm not a betting man!

:beer:

Way back, Jefferson Airplane changed their name to Jefferson Starship, and I think they just went by Starship for awhile.

Yes. I think they took the name from Led Zeppelin, who flew in the starship in the 70s.

The Mothership is still my choice (as I've stated months ago). :)

R B)

Yes. I think they took the name from Led Zeppelin, who flew in the starship in the 70s.

The Mothership is still my choice (as I've stated months ago). :)

R B)

I knew LZ flew in the Starship, of course, I just couldn't remember approximately what year Jefferson Airplane dropped the Airplane in favor of Starship.

Yeah - it'd be fun to see Robert rake in 25% for something he isn't involved in. Laughing all the way to the bank.

Can anyone properly explain the business set-up for "Led Zeppelin". I have read many conflicting accounts over who owns the rights to the name and how the business revenue is allocated. Surely someone on this board must know the answert to this?

Yeah - it'd be fun to see Robert rake in 25% for something he isn't involved in. Laughing all the way to the bank.

Seems twisted. the only one who doesn't want to do zeppelin anymore getting royalties because the other three want to.

It seems that in Robert's interview in June that was just aired on CBS he states that he doesn't even know who that guy is anymore.(meaning himself in his zep days).

Hello. How quickly he forgets where he came from, but he still plays their songs in concert. Maybe if he forgets he should forget it all and not have selective memory that suits just him and only when he wants it to.

So that i'm in tune with this thread:

EGOLESS.

What I read is that he sold the royalties to the albums and that he would still get 1/4 of any future endeavors. New album, tour, etc.

Sorry, don't recall where I read it and I'm not saying it's true, only what I read.

Here's a good question. Who bought the royalties?? I heard it was Michael Jackson (seriously!).

What I read is that he sold the royalties to the albums and that he would still get 1/4 of any future endeavors. New album, tour, etc.

Sorry, don't recall where I read it and I'm not saying it's true, only what I read.

Here's a good question. Who bought the royalties?? I heard it was Michael Jackson (seriously!).

I believe he sold them back to Atlantic. Michael Jackson bought Beatles royalties out from under Paul McCartney.

Maybe the 3/4s of Zep should buy Plant's 1/4 of whatever he remains in ownership of so Plant can truly move on in EVERY aspect. No point in getting paid for re-releases and DVDs and merchandise, use of the name, etc. if he doesn't remember who that person was. In all fairness I see his point but if you wanna truly move on and walk away from the legacy, walk away from the legacy's income as well.

Agree or not, that very income has afforded him to go off in these different musical directions. Not saying he shouldn't have or that he wasn't successful. I just don't think he would've made as many risky endeavors without a financial "cushion" to fall back on if they didn't work out.

I'm not bashing Plant here so don't start blasting off! It gets old to not be able to express an OPINION without being pummeled.

He co-wrote most of the songs so he's entitled to royalties and to play them anyway he sees fit.

It's only playing live as Zep that isn't appealing to him because he isn't that 20 - 30 year old guy anymore, merely a 60 year old who is winding down.

He may not have the range he once had but he can still belt out a tune better than most of his contemporaries.

Archived