What are the members of Led Zep's favorite songs

Flutugirlrockz

This has probably been asked befor but what are the members of Led Zeps favorite songs? does any one know.

Are you speaking in reference to the band's favorite ZEPPELIN songs or songs from other bands that influenced them? I know that Bonzo loved listening to any soul music from Motown. I also know that Plant loved listening to Robert Johnson and Moby Grape. Pagey loved listening to Robert Johnson and Jimi Hendrix. John Paul loved listening to bass players such as John Entwistle, Jack Bruce, Paul McCartney and Bill Wyman. ROCK ON!

This has probably been asked befor but what are the members of Led Zeps favorite songs? does any one know.

Jimmy loved Kalidescope, (the American one as opposed to the British one) They were his favorite group in the late '60's. He even singled out their album Beacon from Mars. I read he wanted to model Zep on them. He also said Leige and Leaf by Fairport Convention was the best album of 1969 in his '72 interview from ZigZag. Both of these albums I got and love on his recommendation. He loved Spirit and Little Feat, too, I know. He loved Bert Janech too who wrote the orginal way Black Mountain Slide is done. The others I'm not as certain, but I know Robert also like Kalidescope and of course Fairport Convention, and blues like above. They both loved Elvis, especially Robert while Jimmy loved his guitarist (James Burton?). Jonsey and Bonzo, I'm not sure about.

Jimmy loved Kalidescope, (the American one as opposed to the British one) They were his favorite group in the late '60's. He even singled out their album Beacon from Mars. I read he wanted to model Zep on them. He also said Leige and Leaf by Fairport Convention was the best album of 1969 in his '72 interview from ZigZag. Both of these albums I got and love on his recommendation. He loved Spirit and Little Feat, too, I know. He loved Bert Janech too who wrote the orginal way Black Mountain Slide is done.

And both he and Robert were big fans of Joni Mitchell.

Jimmy was also quoted as saying that he liked 'street music', which he likened to being a 'trance'.

And he was clearly a fan of Burnin' by Bob Marley and the Wailers.

JP_Ambassador_East_Hotel_NP_21_j-4.jpg

I forgot! Thank you! I should have remembered because they both fancied her too!

You're right, they did. Lucky so and so.

I heard a clip of Robert once saying he liked Moby Grape.

And I'm sure I read somewhere that originally Jimmy wanted Zeppelin to be the British version of Buffalo Springfield, so I'm guessing he liked them too.

One of Jimmy's all-time favorites is Baby, Let's Play House by Elvis Presley.

One of Robert's all-time favorites is Love Me by The Phantom.

Further insight on Robert's favorites can be gleaned from what he personally chose to play as host of the Rolling Stone Magazine radio program Guest Dj (1983):

- Robert Plant Guest D.J.

(Rolling Stone Magazine Productions, NYC, NY. #91-92) 3 LP. 1983. USA.

For broadcast week of December 26, 1983.

LP 1: (Side 1) (Two Promos) / The Man (Paul McCartney) / Tin Man (America) / I’m Still Standing (Elton John) / Africa (Toto)

(Side 2) True (Spandau Ballet) / A Day In The Life (The Beatles) / Every Breath You Take (The Police) / Karma Chameleon (Culture Club) / The Shape You’re In (Eric Clapton) / What’s That Your Doing (Paul McCartney)

LP 2: (Side 1) Rock Me Baby (B.B. King) / Sneakin’ Sally Thru The Alley (Robert Palmer) / Take Another Piece Of My Heart (Janis Joplin) / Mirror In The Bathroom (The English Beat)

(Side 2) Pink Peg Slacks (Eddie Cochran) / Can’t Tear It Up (The Fabulous Thunderbirds)

LP 3: (Side 1) I Had Too Much To Dream (Last Night) (The Electric Prunes) / Mechanical World (Spirit) / Evil (Howlin’ Wolf) / Blue Jean Bop (Gene Vincent)

(Side 2) Caladonia (Louis Jordan) / In A Big Country (Big Country) / Life’s Been Good (Joe Walsh) / (Promo :30, Promo :07, Promo (Robert Plant Xmas Greeting) :06)

Courtesy of Steve A. Jones Archive

• 2 weeks later...
Some one once told me Jimmy liked Steely Dan`s Reelin` In The years.

Don`t know how true it is.

I've read that Jimmy Page said Reelin' In The Years contained one of his all-time favorite guitar solos (by Elliot Randall).

If your talking about their favorite zep songs, i know jimmy's was achilles & plants was kashmir not sure about john and john though

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived