DISCO OR RAP, WHICH DO YOU PREFER?

ZeppFanForever

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I used to be one of those people that hated Disco in the 1970's. However, when Rap came out in the early 1980's I hated it even more than Disco. Now I wished that Disco stayed rather than having to listen to Rap or Hip Hop as it is known today. Now I ask all of you, if you had to choose between Rap or Disco, which one would you choose? ROCK ON!

I was, as were many teenagers in the 70s, quite partial to disco/funk. And I am glad that Zeppelin, great masters of all styles, used it's influence on their contemporary album, Presence.

I have nothing much in common with rap at all. I consider myself far too much of a music lover to spend any amount of time with it - and the 'culture' that seems to surround it (shootings, stabbings, gangstas, bitches and hos) should have no place in a civilised society, IMO.

I was, as were many teenagers in the 70s, quite partial to disco/funk. And I am glad that Zeppelin, great masters of all styles, used it's influence on their contemporary album, Presence.

I have nothing much in common with rap at all. I consider myself far too much of a music lover to spend any amount of time with it - and the 'culture' that seems to surround it (shootings, stabbings, gangstas, bitches and hos) should have no place in a civilised society, IMO.

Hi Zeppy,

You old 70s teenager, you. Do you remember the two tone denim flares?

I could not stand disco-funk-soul-motown or that ilk so sorry mate no, but i do think that in reality Rap has nothing to do with Music but everything to do with Poetry. Music is all about instruments, which i could listen to all day, whereas Poetry-Rap-Lyrics is about words and any old idiot can string along a bunch of words together cant they?

As for your comment about Rap being about,shootings, stabbings, gangstas, bitches and hos, having no place in a civilised society, just remember that the people who wright the stuff, "Niggas" (in their own words not mine) do not live or want us to live in a civilised socity, do they?

Regards, Danny

I grew up in the late 70s when Disco was really big, and I absolutely hated it! I even had a button that said "Disco Sucks" on my pocketbook. However, now that I am, uh, older, some of those songs really aren't too bad at all, so i would definitely take Disco over Rap anyday.

(psst- don't tell anyone, but I have "JiveTalkin", "Play That Funky Music" & "That's The Way I Like It" on my mp3 player :o )

I grew up in the late 70s when Disco was really big, and I absolutely hated it! I even had a button that said "Disco Sucks" on my pocketbook. However, now that I am, uh, older, some of those songs really aren't too bad at all, so i would definitely take Disco over Rap anyday.

(psst- don't tell anyone, but I have "JiveTalkin", "Play That Funky Music" & "That's The Way I Like It" on my mp3 player :o )

Pssst, I promise I won't tell anyone, your secret is safe with me!!!!!! ROCK ON!

Hi Zeppy,

I could not stand disco-funk-soul-motown or that ilk so sorry mate no, but i do think that in reality Rap has nothing to do with Music but everything to do with Poetry. Music is all about instruments, which i could listen to all day, whereas Poetry-Rap-Lyrics is about words and any old idiot can string along a bunch of words together cant they?

As for your comment about Rap being about,shootings, stabbings, gangstas, bitches and hos, having no place in a civilised society, just remember that the people who wright the stuff, "Niggas" (in their own words not mine) do not live or want us to live in a civilised socity, do they?

Regards, Danny

B) fair comments dan.

I remember one time KC was the opening act for Aerosmith at City Park Stadium

and me and my buds were hard core rockers. They were saying they could have left them off the venue.

But after they came out and started jammin' the chicks went wild got me a few complimentary feels :D

Hafta admit it was fun and Kc kicked ass! :banana::banana:

Some disco songs are absolutely terrible

and some of them are just so cheery and fun to dance to

I don't really listen to rap, I do like some rap songs though.

My absolute favorite of disco is

Keep it Comin Love

Keep it Comin Love as featured in Blow

Edited by DeepBlackZeppelin

Hi all,

Well as far as the 70's went it was rock,but instead of love/hating on disco,I had a good friend who turned me on to see, the roots of rock,...i.e.,da blues.We were fortunate to have a club called Sandy's in town.Sandy knew everybody and at the tender age of 14-15,got I got to BB King,Buddy Guy& Junior Wells,Howlin Wolf,....who the hell needed disco? :P Not I,...

Rap?Don't get me started,........ <_<

To each his own,....

KB

Hi Zeppy,

That's a joke right? Disco is less music than the rap I listen to. You're listening to the wrong stuff son

Regards, Danny

That's a terrible thing to do. You think Robert Plant was anymore civilized than Eminem is?